Cringe

Remove this Banner Ad

Seen probably less than 10 minutes total this season luckily. They seem to be aware of what the show is and are leaning into the whole 'so bad it's good' shtick. I mean Donald Trump is president so it doesn't shock that a bunch of bogans whose sense of humour doesn't get much higher brow than a whoopie cushion tune in.

I always wondered who actually watched this show.

Saw an episode for the first time last year and was amazed that anybody in their right mind would want to sit through it.

Reading some of the comments today following the tragic news, it seems Frawley's 'everyman' personality struck a chord with a lot of people.

Perhaps that is why people tuned in, they felt they could relate to Frawley, and enjoyed his repartee with Dunstall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The show was clearly aimed at family audiences, especially the last 3 or 4 years when they bought in the studio audience.

Yesterdays heroes was good for a laff or two otherwise it was generally the show I would channel surf onto for a minute or two then switch over.

I didn't hate it I just wasn't the target audience.

I hope it can continue though in the years ahead but would totally understand as well if they choose to pull the pin on it.

Vale Spud. :(

I disliked it because it reminded me I have to go to work the next day
I kinda liked it if I had Monday off, it felt comfy

I remember the old incarnation “before the bounce “ with Brownless, Sheahan, Whateley etc maybe 2008

I never saw it but I heard it was bad. Over the last day I hear it had an audience.

Regardless, Spud was one of the good guys in AFLM, along with people like Matthew Richardson, Shane Crawford, etc

For the love of God, please stop saying AFLM. It’s f****** stupid.

I enjoyed Bounce for what it was - a lighthearted end to weekend of footy. If serious footy talk is your thing, Monday is when you'll get your satisfaction. Doubt Bounce will be back.

I remember back in 2010/2011 (can't remember which year now) I had the honour of having one of my emails read out by Jason Dunstall...and was promptly called a smart alec by the same. Wish I still had the recording, it seems all those old episodes are lost to time.

Closest I ever got to meeting Spud :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back