Cringeworthy Advertising

Remove this Banner Ad

not footy related ... but i cant wait for Jan 3 to arrive then we can be done with that assult to humanity that is "im a celebrity* get me outa here" advert ....
how any self respecting man can go the path Dr Chris Brown treads is beyond me , i know he get paid bucket loads of money to whore himself out but sometimes you gotts just say no to what the producers ask you to do ...

Anything containing the word "celebrity" in the title gets a pass from me.

The greatest ad ever

Back on point. Channel 7's coverage of the cricket full stop has been appalling. You'd hope they'd do better with the footy.

No worries, genius. Glad you're not picking the team.
One swallow hero, we need a better batsman to keep, did you enjoy the catch he dropped? Carey should be keeper and Smith should be captain, the maddness must end or we'll end up losing another home series.

One swallow hero, we need a better batsman to keep, did you enjoy the catch he dropped? Carey should be keeper and Smith should be captain, the maddness must end or we'll end up losing another home series.
You had your chance and you blew it, Steve.

But let's get back on topic. Here's my nomination for the most cringe-inducing piece-of-s**t commercial ever:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL broadcaster channel 7 and Foxtel and their cringeworthy summer of cricket campaign, apparantly Virat Kohli is unlike anything we have seen before, only we have seen him many times, and we've seen better, everytime i see the add it makes me not want to watch cricket anymore, the Sherbet song lol, Tim (i shouldn't even be in the team) Paine having words to Kohli and 'almost' making light contact, WOW, we must watch what happens next!! This has never happened before!!

Now i know this isn't AFL related but C7 hold our FTA rights and the devil owns our STV rights, who the fu** at these companies signs off on this sh*t?
Piss off, Tim has Stabilized our team in a sensational manner, We were at our lowest in the days he came to captain, and while we're being stuffed by the Indian team right now We dont have a better answer in terms of glovework (If you mention Wade as a better Keeper I'll literally reach into my computer screen and choke you out with a rage that can bend reality, Yes he dropped one he could of taken, You've forgotten how much Wade leaked or how Average Haddin was) While we have guys like Green/Carey/Pucovski/Harris who are probably not there yet

Just because you've been conditioned from a long line of the greatest wicket keeper/batsmen in Gilchrist, The big dumb hitting of Hadden and his missed glovework you've been tricked into not knowing what a wicket keepers actual role is, ******* Tim Paine is while not the best batsmen in our team, Which we need, is about the last ******* person you take out of that team not named Smith or Marinana Lasange or whatever that French kid's name is, When you have Head and Burns as stop gaps in the team, Paine is not the issue. You could throw the youth to the wolves and believe in a big dumb clearout and play kids not ready, but he's still in the team if thats the case

Oh and after I typed this he made 73, This was before I realised his total.

Piss off, Tim has Stabilized our team in a sensational manner, We were at our lowest in the days he came to captain, and while we're being stuffed by the Indian team right now We dont have a better answer in terms of glovework (If you mention Wade as a better Keeper I'll literally reach into my computer screen and choke you out with a rage that can bend reality, Yes he dropped one he could of taken, You've forgotten how much Wade leaked or how Average Haddin was) While we have guys like Green/Carey/Pucovski/Harris who are probably not there yet

Just because you've been conditioned from a long line of the greatest wicket keeper/batsmen in Gilchrist, The big dumb hitting of Hadden and his missed glovework you've been tricked into not knowing what a wicket keepers actual role is, ******* Tim Paine is while not the best batsmen in our team, Which we need, is about the last ******* person you take out of that team not named Smith or Marinana Lasange or whatever that French kid's name is, When you have Head and Burns as stop gaps in the team, Paine is not the issue. You could throw the youth to the wolves and believe in a big dumb clearout and play kids not ready, but he's still in the team if thats the case

Oh and after I typed this he made 73, This was before I realised his total.
No need for hysterics.

AFL broadcaster channel 7 and Foxtel and their cringeworthy summer of cricket campaign, apparantly Virat Kohli is unlike anything we have seen before, only we have seen him many times, and we've seen better, everytime i see the add it makes me not want to watch cricket anymore, the Sherbet song lol, Tim (i shouldn't even be in the team) Paine having words to Kohli and 'almost' making light contact, WOW, we must watch what happens next!! This has never happened before!!

Now i know this isn't AFL related but C7 hold our FTA rights and the devil owns our STV rights, who the fu** at these companies signs off on this sh*t?

I guess it only demonstrates how little TV I watch these days, but I have no idea what add (sic.) you're going on about.

What about the memorable witty ads...then when you discuss with someone you realise you didn't remember the product.
I did some work experience at telly stations back in the day. An ad company had just invented "resurrect a well liked song and show people having fun driving around singing and dancing to it". The crew were raving about it. Even though one of them said "what car company was it for?" and nobody could put their finger on it they all still agreed it was a great ad. I thought "geez, you guys actually work in telly."
Sometimes the worst ad is the ad you remember the most, so maybe they are trying to be bad.
Meatloaf pretty much made AFL grand final entertainment a thing.

C7 is an ad, and a cringey one at that.

But since the pandemic began the order-over-the-phone infomercials ramped up. Those Kleva range knives with the old celebrity chefs who look like senile abductees held at gunpoint, the sleazy car salesman voiceover and ping sound effect was really tough to be subjected to.

That one where the tyreshop (?) guy vaguely rambles about help with website assistance/online outreach/search engine optimization coz jo blo 'its tough out there' feels.

And let's not forget all the bad-acting-in-white-kitchens insurance ads.

The ones with Ray Meagher (Alf Stewart) are also trash.

Last edited:
Cricket is pretty boring to watch actually. I am sure it's fun to play but watching it makes you wonder what life is for ya know?

Mate I live overseas and have barely been to sleep before 2am since mid December. Absolutely loving this series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back