Cripps Bontempelli Kelly - The soon-to-be big 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do agree that the premise of this thread has been missed.

Is this the next trio? Have they equaled or overtaken Fyfe/Martin/Danger? Should Oliver/DeGoey/any other mid be included ahead of one of the three?
Definitely

But the majority of Bulldogs supporters dont do objectivity well, and those that go get drowned out.

I do think the thread identify's a risk though. The kind of money being spoken about for Josh Kelly seems to assume he'll be better than the established three, and he may not.

North took a risk in their offer in 2017 that he would, fair enough you have take managed and calculated risks to succeed. It was a risk though.

Definitely
O
But the majority of Bulldogs supporters dont do objectivity well, and those that go get drowned out.

I do think the thread identify's a risk though. The kind of money being spoken about for Josh Kelly seems to assume he'll be better than the established three, and he may not.

North took a risk in their offer in 2017 that he would, fair enough you have take managed and calculated risks to succeed. It was a risk though.

The only thread identity risk is that it refers to Josh Kelly when the no 3 in this year's coach's awards is Tim Kelly.

Definitely

Love this. Blues fan absolutely melting down, yet once again you only see negatives regarding the dogs. Why do you bother commenting on these threads when it's the same crap every time?

FWIW when we talk about "the Big 3" are we talking about mids only?

Buddy over the last decade is arguably better than any of Danger Martin Fyfe. Just that he's not a mid.

On this basis, guys like DeGoey won't really fit in the discussion, but that doesnt mean hes not potentially just as good.

I’m talking about this Sunday btw. Cripps will take those 3 votes from bomtempelli at Marvel. Probably scores 0.2 as he gets sent forward like last year because he isn’t able to impact around the ball when Cripps is in there.

Head to head would be a landslide to Cripps and you know it.
Oh jeezus...please stop.

Both great players.

But I can back mine up. Clearly people on here only listen to opinion so I have one. Cripps>>>>>>bontempelli by a long way. A Cripps playing for dogs in replace of bomtempelli makes them instant premiership favourites. A bont at Carlton does **** all and we go backwards. We’d probably score 5.20 every game.

Now Cripps with bomtempelli now that would be something.
Swapping cripps for bont would not make us remiership favourite as it doea not address our shortfalls.

Swapping bont for cripps would not send you backwards because that's unpossible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this. Blues fan absolutely melting down, yet once again you only see negatives regarding the dogs. Why do you bother commenting on these threads when it's the same crap every time?

Yep. Too blue craps over a couple of players but isaac is just mentally scarred by the Dogs so only sees the evil red, white and blue

Yep. Too blue craps over a couple of players but isaac is just mentally scarred by the Dogs so only sees the evil red, white and blue
The real mental scarring is obvious when you lack the spine to respond to me directly. Which at least your colleague had.

Yeah. Because Criops doesnt play well in our losing games.

He wasnt far off an AFL MVP and a Brownlow last year and we literally won 2 games.

It was used to knock Bont all last year that he’s playing in a team that wins the occasional game so he always has help. The past two rounds have shown he prevails either way.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton won this week to be honest. Against a similarly young developing side that despite getting close to Collingwood still has a lot of areas to work on

Coniglio has gone past Kelly, IMO. This is where Vicbias takes over. Kelly gets a heap of recognition because he's always been spoken of as going home, whilst Cogs is from WA. Coniglio is almost as big a mall magnet as Titch, but he's a really good kick.

Having said that, I take it this thread is here because these three were taken within 10 picks of each other in the same draft. I don't think any of the three here is blessed with the generational talent and application of someone like Hird, Judd or Ablett. I watch a lot of Bulldogs and have always been a huge Bont fan, but he's objectively no better than he was four years ago - albeit he's become more versatile. Cripps is an absolute bull, but again there are question marks over his disposal by foot. Kelly's a brilliant player, but I don't think he's had the continuity to play a long stretch of really elite footy.

It was used to knock Bont all last year that he’s playing in a team that wins the occasional game so he always has help. The past two rounds have shown he prevails either way.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton won this week to be honest. Against a similarly young developing side that despite getting close to Collingwood still has a lot of areas to work on

Other than Cripps, the rest of our mids are primarily 18-21 years old in their 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons (Walsh, SPS, Dow, Fisher, Setterfield).

We've been outmuscled in the clinches all year.

We also break down around the F50 arc. Despite having Curnow, Casboult, McKay and McGovern up forward, we repeatedly kicked the ball to 5 foot tall Gibbons.

I expect to see more of the same this weekend.

Coniglio has gone past Kelly, IMO. This is where Vicbias takes over. Kelly gets a heap of recognition because he's always been spoken of as going home, whilst Cogs is from WA. Coniglio is almost as big a mall magnet as Titch, but he's a really good kick.

I don't think any of the three here is blessed with the generational talent and application of someone like Hird, Judd or Ablett. I watch a lot of Bulldogs and have always been a huge Bont fan, but he's objectively no better than he was four years ago - albeit he's become more versatile. Cripps is an absolute bull, but again there are question marks over his disposal by foot. Kelly's a brilliant player, but I don't think he's had the continuity to play a long stretch of really elite footy.

Don't think it's VicBias. More that they're seen together due to draft year.

Cogs vs Kelly is a good debate, and one I wish Carlton could have too (perhaps it'll be Walsh vs Cripps in a few years time)

In 3 Years time it will be Fyfe, Martin & Mitchell.

People do realise that both Fyfe & Martin are only 27 turning 28 in the second half of the year. They got plenty of footy left. Tom Mitchell definitely deserves to be in this conversation. Turns 26 in a month.
Lachie Neale should also get a mention too.

How far into the future are people looking?

In 3 Years time it will be Fyfe, Martin & Mitchell.

People do realise that both Fyfe & Martin are only 27 turning 28 in the second half of the year. They got plenty of footy left. Tom Mitchell definitely deserves to be in this conversation. Turns 26 in a month.

How far into the future are people looking?

Mitchell? Serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back