Cripps Bontempelli Kelly - The soon-to-be big 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

In 3 Years time it will be Fyfe, Martin & Mitchell.

Martin is nowhere near it, last year he was good but not great.

From the limited view we've seen this year he's fallen further away.

I like Martin and hope mentally he's OK, but he's a shadow of the player he was in 2017 and even before that.

I'd take Cripps, Bont or Kelly over Martin right now without any doubt.

Mitchell is born in May 1993.

Cripps is born in March 1995.

Mitchell is closer in age to Fyfe than he is to Cripps.
Yeah sorry. Did get that wrong. Checked after posting which is not bright but 1-2 years isn’t that big. Mitchell should still be going strong in 3-4 years no doubt.

Yeah sorry. Did get that wrong. Checked after posting which is not bright but 1-2 years isn’t that big. Mitchell should still be going strong in 3-4 years no doubt.

Who knows how Mitchell comes back from a broken leg, could be Voss like or N Brown.

Right now the best mids for me (and the coaches) are Bont and Cripps. Looking fwd to seeing them on the weekend.

Coniglio has gone past Kelly, IMO. This is where Vicbias takes over. Kelly gets a heap of recognition because he's always been spoken of as going home, whilst Cogs is from WA. Coniglio is almost as big a mall magnet as Titch, but he's a really good kick.

Having said that, I take it this thread is here because these three were taken within 10 picks of each other in the same draft. I don't think any of the three here is blessed with the generational talent and application of someone like Hird, Judd or Ablett. I watch a lot of Bulldogs and have always been a huge Bont fan, but he's objectively no better than he was four years ago - albeit he's become more versatile. Cripps is an absolute bull, but again there are question marks over his disposal by foot. Kelly's a brilliant player, but I don't think he's had the continuity to play a long stretch of really elite footy.

I wouldn't say so. Leon described Cogs as a very good player on the verge if being elite in the pre-season. I think that's accurate, although it's undoubtedly challenging him publicly as well. He also described Kelly as a special player which is right as well.

That said if one leaves this year I hope it's Kelly. Cogs has personal qualities, and commitment to the club that matter to our culture.

At the moment, I reckon Cripps is the best player in the game. Ridiculously good.
Hard to say given the team he is carrying.
I'd be inclined to go Cogs on 2019 output, but he's surrounded by an excellent support crew with Kelly, Taranto, Hopper and co.

If im picking a list of top 3 mids in the comp on 2019 form;
1-Cogs
2-Macrae
3-Cripps

Very close between those 3 as well.
But you look at the other mids around them

1-Cogs (Kelly, Taranto, Hopper, Whitfield)
2-Macrae (Bont, Hunter, Libba, McLean, Wallis)
3-Cripps (Murphy, Walsh, Dow, Fischer, Curnow)

If you weighted the list based on the support, Cripps would skyrocket to #1.

Cripps’ output would probably drop however if he had support.

It’s probably no surprise he had less of an impact in Carlton’s best win of 2018, against Essendon.
thats not saying much. He probably assessed the game as a chance to take the foot off the pedal and save some in the tank without impacting the result of the game. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a pretty easy concept to get if you aren’t so railroaded into getting one up on me purely because I’ve criticised Carlton once or twice.

Hey I’m actually paying the team a compliment but oh no Cripps is the 🐐

I would argue that if you actually watch the game at its purest in midfield clearances then oliver is the best extractor and deliverer if the ball. The commentatoes are too dim witted to actually notice the magic he does. Too much lllloooyyyyd type rubbish. Its an insult to the actual guns. Oliver is the best inside inside mid since diesel. The dhead commentatoes drive everyone's opinion.

I would argue that if you actually watch the game at its purest in midfield clearances then oliver is the best extractor and deliverer if the ball. The commentatoes are too dim witted to actually notice the magic he does. Too much lllloooyyyyd type rubbish. Its an insult to the actual guns. Oliver is the best inside inside mid since diesel. The dhead commentatoes drive everyone's opinion.
I think BT is a clown for many things, mainly consistently misreading whether it's a goal or behind, and mixing up player names.

I love the "lllloooooyd" and Roaming Brian after the games though. F-ing hilarious.

There is not a lot splitting these 3.

I thought Kelly would be leading the pack. But probably or possibly due to injuries he isnt. Cripps is best, Bont is second, Kelly at 3.

Cripps is a top 3 player so far this year, Bont a top 10 player again.

Cripps’ output would probably drop however if he had support.

It’s probably no surprise he had less of an impact in Carlton’s best win of 2018, against Essendon.

It’s a pretty easy concept to get if you aren’t so railroaded into getting one up on me purely because I’ve criticised Carlton once or twice.

Hey I’m actually paying the team a compliment but oh no Cripps is the 🐐
Wasn't trying to embarrass you mate. Just correcting you for saying that Cripps had lesser impact in our best win, when in fact he was BOG and received 3 Brownlow votes.

FWIW I really rate Bont now, absolute gun, no caveats.

Wasn't trying to embarrass you mate. Just correcting you for saying that Cripps had lesser impact in our best win, when in fact he was BOG and received 3 Brownlow votes.

FWIW I really rate Bont now, absolute gun, no caveats.

That’s fine.

But do you understand where I was coming from? Statistically and impact wise Cripps had at least a handful of games better than Essendon 2018. The difference is that day Carlton had a more even spread. So while according to the umps Cripps was best on (wouldn’t have batted an eyelid if Ed got 3 votes) he certainly didn’t have his best game.

I love the "lllloooooyd" and Roaming Brian after the games though. F-ing hilarious.

Really? Are you 8?

Also bt thinks every left footer is an excellent kick. Keep an eye on on it. No matter how crp the disposal if its a lefty its "he is usually a precision kick of the ball."

Just a lazy commentator

But yeah on topic. Oliver.

Really? Are you 8?

Also bt thinks every left footer is an excellent kick. Keep an eye on on it. No matter how crp the disposal if its a lefty its "he is usually a precision kick of the ball."

Just a lazy commentator

But yeah on topic. Oliver.
No.

What's it to you to tell me what I can enjoy and can't enjoy as entertainment?

Get a life.

No.

What's it to you to tell me what I can enjoy and can't enjoy as entertainment?

Get a life.

If you are in the lowest percentile of iq then I apologise as you would find lllloooyyyyd hilarious. If you actually don't have an iq issue and you are functioning on all cylinders, and you still find lllloooyyyyd hilarious, well maybe that is the world we live in. And i am out of touch.

Serious question, every time you hear bt say lllloooyyyyd do you giggle out loud or just internally?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back