Cripps Bontempelli Kelly - The soon-to-be big 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's become the big one - Cripps.

The other 2 have been left in his wake in recent times.

It's become the big one - Cripps.

The other 2 have been left in his wake in recent times.

How recent? Cripps was superb on the weekend, an absolutely fantastic game, but 2 out of 3 games prior to that he was terrible.

If Bont or Kelly had games where they got 12 and 11 touches, everyone would be talking about their inconsistency.

That game Cripps played last week - woah. Simply breathtaking. Hoping to see both at their best tomorrow, will be good for football.

I was watching that game thinking that as good as Cripps is, it’s been a while (or my memory is really bad) since he had a huge possession, high goal performance.

Bang. About 2 hrs later there it was....

Great game.

Carlton fans - if there is anyone else you’d like me to rev up - for a small fee I’m happy to help from next week onwards (and I know you have the bye).....

I was watching that game thinking that as good as Cripps is, it’s been a while (or my memory is really bad) since he had a huge possession, high goal performance.

Bang. About 2 hrs later there it was....

Great game.

Carlton fans - if there is anyone else you’d like me to rev up - for a small fee I’m happy to help from next week onwards (and I know you have the bye).....

No guarantee we don't lose that one too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps’ disposal efficiency is padded by meaningless handballs, and his kicking efficiency is helped by short safe kicks.

Bont breaks the game open with his disposals. Cripps can win 30 disposals every week for all most coaches care.

It’s cute how Carlton fans think I’m the only one acting like a flog when they act like dickheads in every thread.
If Cripps wanted to he could end the Bonts year in 5 seconds, so forget about his beautiful skills and outside play, Cripps is a league ahead of the Bonti!

If we're talking about disposal then Kelly is miles ahead of the other two. Dude is the best kick (maybe second behind Whitfield) in the comp, especially flat out. He's also very reliable on his non-preferred foot. The other two can win the ball just as well but when it comes to getting rid of it I'm taking Kelly every single time.
X

Bontempelli and Cripps are beasts.One and inside bull,the other free flowing goalkicking powerhouse.Kelly way off those two.Coniglio,Whitfield gone past him.
OMG so funny...Whitfield is paper thin and will get ironed out every second week when teams cant find the right match ups., good player but can be destroyed easily!

Cripps yes he is a gun but overated for mine. People saying he is clearly the best player in the league baffles me. He is 80% game time midfielder who averages 10 kicks a game.
People will come back with but he is a contested/clearance beast.
Cripps.
Kicks 10.1
Handballs 17.4
Marks 3.6
Average possis 27.5
Contested possie 16.5
Clearances 8
tackles 6
Disposal efficiency 75%
10 goals 4
Metres gained 266

Bont probably playing around 55/60% midfield time
Bont
Kicks 15.0
Handballs 12.2
Marks 4.6
Average Possis 27.2
Contested possis 12.6
Clearances 6
Tackles 4
Disposal Efficiency 69%
10 goals 19
Metres gained 493.

Halfway through this season. How do 80% of people in here say that Cripps is daylight ahead of Bontempelli. Average same amount of possies. Cripps a hole 4 more contested possies a game for a so called contested beast to an outside midfielder.
Bont nearly gains twice as much distance a game so far more damaging with his possessions and despite that only going at 6% less in disposal efficiency. If Bont fixes up his goal kicking and turns the 10 - 19 into say 17-12 then Bont everyday of the week for me.

Bont nearly gains twice as much distance a game so far more damaging with his possessions and despite that only going at 6% less in disposal efficiency.

Bont is also currently number one in the AFL for score involvements. Cripps is 48th. Bont is getting the same amount of the ball as Cripps but is more damaging with the ball.

Bont is also currently number one in the AFL for score involvements. Cripps is 48th. Bont is getting the same amount of the ball as Cripps but is more damaging with the ball.

I have huge respect for The Bont. His ball use is pretty much as damaging as it gets.

But a couple of things to consider.

1) Bont spends more time across HFF compared to Cripps in the guts. Going to lead to more score involvements
2) Cripps plays for Carlton. There's not too many scores to be involved with.... *sigh*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back