Cripps Bontempelli Merrett Kelly - the next big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked injured to me. Saw him look like he was unable to run late in the fourth.

Clearly injured, was kicking with his right foot during the second half. His hip has been a problem for a long time now :(

Ok, how do you explain his inability to find the ball as much as actual midfielders then?

The fact that his team needs him to play forward?

It's pretty obvious. Why does Cripps handball much more than he kicks? Why doesn't he play outside more? Gee maybe because it's what his team needs? ******* hell get some intelligence

I'll lose all faith in the All Australian if Bont gets in at the expense of Kelly or Merrett.
And the sad thing is I can see it happening.
If he is to make it into the AA team, I reckon he'll be on the forward flank or on the bench, highly doubt he will be in at the expense of either of the two.

I've got no problems with him making the team, but like I said I just hope it's not at the expense of the others.
No issues whatsoever if he's on a flank or takes a bench spot.

I've got no problems with him making the team, but like I said I just hope it's not at the expense of the others.
No issues whatsoever if he's on a flank or takes a bench spot.
Bont shouldn't even be in brownlow discussion. Will only get in because of his previous reputation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rate the Bonts season as better than Merrets.
lol no.

Despite all those uncontested touches, Merrett is actually ahead of Bont when it comes to clearances per game. So Merrett is as effective on the inside as well as being far better on the outside. Merrett will be on the wing in the AA team, Bont is no where near it.

I'd rate the Bonts season as better than Merrets. Merret has more uncontested possessions per game, but in almost every other stat that matter the Bont has him covered.
Wow! An outside player gets less contested possessions than inside mid/forward? Bontempeilli plays more inside than Merrett, is 13cm taller, and 12kg heavier yet, he only averages 2 more contested possessions than Merrett a game. They also both average 4 clearances a game.

1. Kelly
2. Merrett
3. Bont
4. Cripps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back