Cripps Bontempelli Merrett Kelly - the next big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it rated highly pre-draft?
i don't think so.
While some of its top end talent is pretty damn good, it tails off pretty quickly if you ask me.

1st rd has a few that haven't made it or are role players (KK, Aish, Scharenberg, Freeman, Lennon, Lang, Apeness, Dunstan)
Guys like Acres, Sheed & McCarthy who put in elite games here and there but consistency is a big issue (Noting Sheed has had a decent year).

Outside the first, there are a handful of very good players. Fantasia, Lobb, Crouch, Sicily, Hunt, Brown and Taylor.

Probably notable for some late steals more than anything.

2015 throws up Oliver, Parish, Hopper, Gresham, Fiorini & Clarke as top mids
plus the likes of Weitering, Schache, Burton, Curnow, Hipwood and Silvagni as taller talents (how i'd love to throw Francis in too....soon enough)
And quite a number of good players who may not reach those heights but still have good careers.

Bont last year, Kelly and Merrett this year, reckon Cripps can join them next year if he avoids injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't think so.
While some of its top end talent is pretty damn good, it tails off pretty quickly if you ask me.

1st rd has a few that haven't made it or are role players (KK, Aish, Scharenberg, Freeman, Lennon, Lang, Apeness, Dunstan)
Guys like Acres, Sheed & McCarthy who put in elite games here and there but consistency is a big issue (Noting Sheed has had a decent year).

Outside the first, there are a handful of very good players. Fantasia, Lobb, Crouch, Sicily, Hunt, Brown and Taylor.

Probably notable for some late steals more than anything.

2015 throws up Oliver, Parish, Hopper, Gresham, Fiorini & Clarke as top mids
plus the likes of Weitering, Schache, Burton, Curnow, Hipwood and Silvagni as taller talents (how i'd love to throw Francis in too....soon enough)
And quite a number of good players who may not reach those heights but still have good careers.

Weren't Acres and Dunstan 2nd round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back