Cripps Bontempelli Merrett Kelly - the next big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it as an average of 30 poss a game for the entire year from the Bont would make him the leagues best player.
So I pretty much said the same thing a 30 poss game from Buddy or Daniher would be much better.
and then illustrated how far he is off Dangerfield currently and 30 poss would only make him closer to Danger, not better.

illustrating that Bont would need to add a goal a game on top of the extra 7 poss a game to be ahead of the likes of Danger.
Pretty big gap to close.
So you’re the bloke that goes entirely off statistics

So you’re the bloke that goes entirely off statistics

Why? do you think Bont is better than Dangerfield one of the all time greats, do you think Bont getting 30 poss is better than Buddy or Daniher getting 30 poss?
I just have a opinion which is different to the person who said if Bont gets 30 poss he would be the games best player, Because I believe Buddy, Daniher and Lynch getting 30 poss would be bloody insane, yes better than that of Bont getting 30 poss.

Why? do you think Bont is better than Dangerfield one of the all time greats, do you think Bont getting 30 poss is better than Buddy or Daniher getting 30 poss?
I just have a opinion which is different to the person who said if Bont gets 30 poss he would be the games best player, Because I believe Buddy, Daniher and Lynch getting 30 poss would be bloody insane, yes better than that of Bont getting 30 poss.
You do realise that key forwards just don't get that volume of possession.

To put Buddy, Daniher and Lynch in a position to get 30 possessions, they would probably have less impact than they do currently.

Buddy/Daniher are irrelevant, all I said is a 30-touch-a-game Bont would be the best player in the league, all other players are irrelevant. Buddy/Daniher averaging 30 touches a game would probably be the best in the league but it's not realistic - neither have ever gotten 30 in a game to date.

I honestly believe the 2013 draft pool has the potential to be the second best ever behind 2001. Have a bloody look at the names that got picked up that year...
Tom Boyd
Jack Billings
Josh Kelly
Bont
Patty Cripps
Zak Jones
Cam McCarthy
Jarman Impey
Matt Crouch
Zach Merrett
Toby Nankervis
Ben Brown
Orazio Fantasia
James Sicily
Jayden Hunt
Rory Laird
Zac Williams

Early days, but a bunch of those guys are already premiership players and at least 5 could realistically win a Brownlow.

In saying this, I would take Bont before the other 3 boys. His grand final performance in 2016 was just a perfect example of his talent. Only 22 disposals, but 144 champion data points. Proof of his impact.

I honestly believe the 2013 draft pool has the potential to be the second best ever behind 2001. Have a bloody look at the names that got picked up that year...
Tom Boyd
Jack Billings
Josh Kelly
Bont
Patty Cripps
Zak Jones
Cam McCarthy
Jarman Impey
Matt Crouch
Zach Merrett
Toby Nankervis
Ben Brown
Orazio Fantasia
James Sicily
Jayden Hunt
Rory Laird
Zac Williams

Early days, but a bunch of those guys are already premiership players and at least 5 could realistically win a Brownlow.

In saying this, I would take Bont before the other 3 boys. His grand final performance in 2016 was just a perfect example of his talent. Only 22 disposals, but 144 champion data points. Proof of his impact.
Well Rory Laird was a rookie elevation.

And you're missing KK, Lmac, Trent Dumont (might not be eyecatching but averaged 21 touches and 5 tackles in 2017), Alex Pearce and Jake Koladjashnij. All have been genuinely good for their respective teams.

Tom Boyd
Jack Billings
Josh Kelly
Bont
Patty Cripps
Zak Jones
Cam McCarthy
Jarman Impey
Matt Crouch
Zach Merrett
Toby Nankervis
Ben Brown
Orazio Fantasia
James Sicily
Jayden Hunt
Rory Laird
Zac Williams

McCarthy is a shadow of the player he looked like becoming in his early days at the Giants
And i wouldn't have Impey listed with those names.

Add Gardiner, Taylor & Lobb.
Probably McDonald & KK too.
I like Riley Knight as well. Mainly an attacking outside player but did an excellent run with role on Selwood in 2017 and took him out of the game.

Melbourne finish 9th Which makes them pretty s**t because 7th and 8th were pretty awful.
And they carry on like they just won 5 flags in a row.
Seriously they are believing the Ch 7 BS machine.

Not as s**t as the team who finished 11th

Tom Boyd
Jack Billings
Josh Kelly
Bont
Patty Cripps
Zak Jones
Cam McCarthy
Jarman Impey
Matt Crouch
Zach Merrett
Toby Nankervis
Ben Brown
Orazio Fantasia
James Sicily
Jayden Hunt
Rory Laird
Zac Williams

Reasonably good draft for us given the picks we had.

ND:
23 - M. Crouch
46 - R. Knight

RD:
7 - C. Cameron
24 - J. Battersby
40 - J. Kelly
52 - A. Spina

K. Hartigan & R. Laird rookie upgrades

6/8 in our best 22 last year, 2x All Australians.

Last edited:

ND:
23 - M. Crouch
46 - R. Knight

RD:
7 - C. Cameron
24 - J. Battersby
40 - J. Kelly
52 - A. Spina

6/8 in our best 22 last year.
year two of your penalties too.
Gotta love the fact two teams kicked out of the 1st round landed 2 of the best players in the draft.
Sanctions schmanctions! :p

ND:
23 - M. Crouch
46 - R. Knight

RD:
7 - C. Cameron
24 - J. Battersby
40 - J. Kelly
52 - A. Spina

6/8 in our best 22 last year, 2x All Australians.

Can't double dip on rookie upgrades, they fall under the year they were drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back