Who has been better for the club?

• Cripps

Votes: 60 40.0%
  • Judd

Votes: 94 62.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Not sure if I responded to this one but I’m here now so....

Judd is a much much better footballer overall

Cripps is much much more of a beast and his main arvantages are in scrimmages/tackles and being taller better at overhead marking.

I can’t recall Judd leaping for marks.

On footballing ability Judd is one of the all-time greats.

He was a lot damaging to opposition with his disposal than Cripps has so far.

As mentioned, probably more of a conversation when Cripps' retires but for me it's definitely Juddy at this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps is much much more of a beast and his main arvantages are in scrimmages/tackles and being taller better at overhead marking.

For a tallish mid it definitely wasn't one of Judd's strengths, though dodgy shoulders didn't help I'm sure.

Cripps on his day really can look like a stand in KPP.

Pros for Judd
He was the more talented player, an all time great.
He lead the team to more finals and team success than we've had with Cripps (so far).

Pros for Cripps
We only had Judd for half his career, and we'll have Cripps for his entire career.
(pending) We hope to have more success with Cripps, i.e. make a prelim, or even a granny...or gasp imagine if we win it all!

Obviously if Crippa wins a flag with us, he wins this debate outright. Anything less and it's a grey area for mine.

Judd at this point has been better for us. 4 x All Australian, 1 brownlow, 1 mvp, lead us to 4 finals series.

By the end of their careers I still expect Judd to be considered the better player but Cripps will overtake him in terms of status as a Carlton player.

Judd at this point has been better for us. 4 x All Australian, 1 brownlow, 1 mvp, lead us to 4 finals series.

By the end of their careers I still expect Judd to be considered the better player but Cripps will overtake him in terms of status as a Carlton player.
Judd played the 1st half of his career at West Coast and he was a different player at Carlton due to some injuries, he had a fantastic career at Carlton but his was absolutely one of the very best in his time at West Coast. Cripps is very good but don't see him at Judd's level.

Judd's speed during his peak years made him one of the most damaging players I've seen. Crippa and the last 5 years of Judd are hard to separate, we'll see how Crippa manages his body in the second half of his career.

i was quite surprised to see that we played in 4 finals series with Judd.....thought maybe 2 or 3...i had to look it up, i dont really remember the 2010 final against sydney....

I went with Crippa, if we are going purely on output as Carlton players.

True though that we achieved more as a club under Juddy than we have with Cripps so far. For as good as we have been this year, we still haven't achieved what that 2011 side did (finishing 5th and winning a final).

"Who has been better for us out of the two?"

I suppose it can't really be decided yet, Cripps is still playing.

My man love for Crippa has no bounds. But at the time and as a young fella, I think Juddy MADE me a Carlton supporter.

The two must be pretty close to being equal.

Here you go Accidental. I remember this one with great joy.

Back