Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 329 55.8%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 261 44.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

cripps is a lot more marketable from a club point of view . well spoken ,seems happy type of guy with a little country charm 6ft plus chicks and grandmothers would dig him i suspect ....ranga oliver good at football but seems angry ,not high in iQ , ranga did i mention ranga ?

il go with cripps

get real ... voss is a legend,one of my all time favorites,has class..... oliver has carried on like a school boy bully at times ....
because of one incident with a dickhead 30 something year old hanging over the fence?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It does serve to highlight those who would be openly racist should society permit it. These days redheads are about the only outlet through which they’re permitted to express superficial prejudices.
o my god what a load of rubbish .. ... if you had any idea of my life history . throwing the racist card at me is laughable... For not being a big fan of oliver and admitedly over doing the ranga name calling .... cripps as a whole club man v oliver ... id take cripps anyday of the week....

o my god what a load of rubbish .. ... if you had any idea of my life history . throwing the racist card at me is laughable... For not being a big fan of oliver and admitedly over doing the ranga name calling .... cripps as a whole club man v oliver ... id take cripps anyday of the week....

Just an observation I’ve made over the years. Like weeds under concrete, it pops up wherever there’s a crack.

I wouldn't trade Oliver for anyone in the comp.

You can keep Cripps.

Oliver does more defensively tackling (4th in the comp) including pushing forwards for tackles inside 50 for which he is ranked 5th in the comp in a stat dominated by forwards.

They are pretty close in contested possessions and clearances. Cripps just ahead but if we didnt have a team of contested ball winners sharing the load Oliver would be ahead of Cripps again as he was last year.

Oliver has a much higher disposal efficiency and gains more ground with his possessions.

Oh yeah, he is also 3 years younger and does all of this in 9% less game time than Cripps. Once he has the tank to play the same amount of game time as Cripps it will be Oliver and miles between the next best.

I wouldn't trade Oliver for anyone in the comp.

You can keep Cripps.

Oliver does more defensively tackling (4th in the comp) including pushing forwards for tackles inside 50 for which he is ranked 5th in the comp in a stat dominated by forwards.

They are pretty close in contested possessions and clearances. Cripps just ahead but if we didnt have a team of contested ball winners sharing the load Oliver would be ahead of Cripps again as he was last year.

Oliver has a much higher disposal efficiency and gains more ground with his possessions.

Oh yeah, he is also 3 years younger and does all of this in 9% less game time than Cripps. Once he has the tank to play the same amount of game time as Cripps it will be Oliver and miles between the next best.

Two years younger not three just FYI

Cripps just ahead but if we didnt have a team of contested ball winners sharing the load Oliver would be ahead of Cripps again as he was last year.

Maybe Oliver could get ahead if Cripps was injured and without a preseason like he was last year too. Lol.

If you’re gonna rail off stats, at least give Cripps the wins where he has them. I mean if they’re close in clearances as you say, then they’re close in tackles too. Be real about it. Your post just seems to be talking up all of Oliver’s stat advantages, while talking down all of Cripps’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver probably has a higher ceiling: nice turn of speed a decent chip he uses to bring the ball into the middle. Cripps’ kicking has improved, but he’ll usually look to a medium-risk option he knows he can hit.

At this stage Cripps is more damaging offensively, but Oliver isn’t required to be as much a playmaker; but he can do it if required. I think Cripps has improved his ability to notice when he can don’t-argue or make a quick step into space to set up one of our outside mids.

There’s been a pretty even level of improvement in both this season.

Last edited:
Oliver probably has a higher ceiling: nice turn of speed a decent chip he uses to bring the ball into the middle. Cripps’ kicking has improved, but he’ll usually look to a medium-risk option he knows he can hit.

At this stage Cripps is more damaging offensively, but Oliver isn’t required to be as much a playmaker; but he can do it if required. I think Cripps has improved his ability to notice when he can don’t-argue or make a quick step into space to set up one of our outside mids.

There’s been a pretty even level of improvement in both this season.
I agree with your points, however how can you say Cripps is more damaging offensively when Oliver has kicked more goals, gains more metres per game and has more score involvements?

I agree with your points, however how can you say Cripps is more damaging offensively when Oliver has kicked more goals, gains more metres per game and has more score involvements?

Different set of contexts. Oliver plays in a high scoring team so naturally his goals and goal assists will be higher

Cripps is far more constructive with his hands in close. Both on par with being able to get the ball, but Cripps is more creative. Oliver will continue to develop in this area though and could easily surpass Cripps

Different set of contexts. Oliver plays in a high scoring team so naturally his goals and goal assists will be higher

Cripps is far more constructive with his hands in close. Both on par with being able to get the ball, but Cripps is more creative. Oliver will continue to develop in this area though and could easily surpass Cripps

Melbourne supporters can't understand the difference between team positives and individual positives. Stick to skiing boys!

. Yeah I am not sure how you are judging that tbh

Melbourne supporters can't understand the difference between team positives and individual positives. Stick to skiing boys!
I think your logic is somewhat floored though.

Especially when there are many other midfielders from teams with just as low scoring teams as Carlton with more score involvements than Cripps.

. Yeah I am not sure how you are judging that tbh

I think your logic is somewhat floored though.

Especially when there are many other midfielders from teams with just as low scoring teams as Carlton with more score involvements than Cripps.

3 glaring errors:
  1. Your spelling of flawed.
  2. Your belief that there are other teams with "just as low scoring" as Carlton - trust me mate, we're the lowest and the shittest lol
  3. Your use of anecdotal stats to say other players have more score involvements...well if they were in a higher scoring team, they'd on average still have more mate.

Oliver is the better kick, but Cripps' frame means he is inherently more damaging when he gets going. Sad watching Cripps toiling alone in that Blues midfield, with not much developing underneath him. Even SPS, who is one of my favourites, has gone backwards.

Cripps was useless last night. Hardly got it and still managed to miss targets with his handball.

The last time Oliver was so ineffectual was 2016 in his first year.

Is playing hurt mate. Shouldn't have played.

Anyhow, the poll says it all. Seven in ten would pick Cripps.

I'd take Oliver. Can do the same things as Cripps but is a better kick and miles faster. Has the ability to develop into that rare type of player like Dangerfield, Fyfe and Martin. They may currently be at around the same level but Oliver is younger and I think his attributes give him more scope to become a better player in the long term.

Back