Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 329 55.8%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 261 44.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Now now... Even on his worst day 37 touches from Clarry is worth about 250 from Macrae or Matt Crouch.
This year to date:

Oliver has had a better disposal efficiency too. lol

Metres gained
Cripps: 257m
Oliver: 631m

Score involvements
Cripps: 5.5
Oliver: 8

Inside 50's
Cripps: 2.5
Oliver: 7

Effective disposals
Cripps: 16
Oliver: 23

Goals
Cripps: 0
Oliver: 1

Damning stats. And I didn't even include possessions, tackles, disposal efficiency etc.

Last edited:
This year to date:

Oliver has had a better disposal efficiency too. lol

Metres gained
Cripps: 257m
Oliver: 631m

Score involvements
Cripps: 5.5
Oliver: 8

Inside 50's
Cripps: 2.5
Oliver: 7

Effective disposals
Cripps: 16
Oliver: 23

Goals
Cripps: 0
Oliver: 2

Damning stats. And I didn't even include possessions, tackles, disposal efficiency etc.
Cripps tagged in both games. Clarry left to run loose shanking every 2nd kick.

Couldn't split em.

Cripps tagged in both games. Clarry left to run loose shanking every 2nd kick.

Couldn't split em.
yet his disposal efficiency is higher? please explain. And no, Cripps wasn't tagged. In either game. Also, tagging is no excuse. A tagger doesn't stop Oliver.

The metres gained stats are damning. mind boggling. And its not like Cripps is getting more clearances either.

Last edited:
It feels like Oliver is playing as good as he ever has while Cripps is down on last year's form.

That probably means we see a considerable improvement to come which gives Cripps the extra votes regarding the current poll.

Neither have set the world on fire to start the season to be fair.

Olivers last game looks good on paper but for anybody that watched it, it was rubbish.

Cripps has just had a slow start, nothing horrible, nothing great.

Neither have set the world on fire to start the season to be fair.

Olivers last game looks good on paper but for anybody that watched it, it was rubbish.

Cripps has just had a slow start, nothing horrible, nothing great.
what on earth are you talking about. 'Rubbish'? Talk about hyperbole. Was listed as Melbournes best player and got a coaches vote in a side that got smashed. Not to mention leading the ground for tackles and a MONSTROUS 774 metres gained (300 metres more than anyone else). It's not good on paper, it's elite on paper. 37, a goal and not horrendous efficiency either.

what on earth are you talking about. 'Rubbish'? Talk about hyperbole. Was listed as Melbournes best player and got a coaches vote in a side that got smashed. Not to mention leading the ground for tackles and a MONSTROUS 774 metres gained (300 metres more than anyone else). It's not good on paper, it's elite on paper. 37, a goal and not horrendous efficiency either.
It was rubbish. You disagreeing does nothing but further my point.

lol so Oliver has 22 kicks, 15 handballs, 9 tackles, and a goal and it is rubbish but Cripps has 9 kicks and 16 handballs and it was nothing horrible. clearly got a thing against my boy :) and that's okay :)
He’s not your boy.

He was horrible. You can disagree. Take it as a compliment that he is capable of such a high statistic game that was still poor, I don’t care.

Your fellow supporters seem to disagree with you - but then again that is hardly unusual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not your boy.

He was horrible. You can disagree. Take it as a compliment that he is capable of such a high statistic game that was still poor, I don’t care.

Your fellow supporters seem to disagree with you - but then again that is hardly unusual.
No need to get personal. but maybe tell me why you think it was horrible. I don't mind if people disagree with my opinion. it's a discussion forum. I'm just trying to find out why you think it was horrible when the coaches, and the official afl match report writers all said he was Melbournes best. Like what are you basing it on?

And there's not going to be any dees fans that would take Cripps over an Oliver.

No need to get personal. but maybe tell me why you think it was horrible. I don't mind if people disagree with my opinion. it's a discussion forum. I'm just trying to find out why you think it was horrible when the coaches, and the official afl match report writers all said he was Melbournes best. Like what are you basing it on?

And there's not going to be any dees fans that would take Cripps over an Oliver.
Really don’t enjoy conversing with you Danster. I watched the game, that’s how I’ve come to the conclusion that by his standards, it was horrible.

Regardless of what the stats say, until the final 12 mins after the lights went out, Oliver didn't have a clearance and hadn't had any influence on the game. The only guy from the Dees that was impacting the game at the time was Lever. The first of the game was kicked by Oliver's direct opponent while Clarry was 20m away. I don't understand how he got coaches votes to be honest.

I wouldn't put that much stock into meters gained. Rich got over 1000m gained in round 1 but he still had a terrible game.

Your man crush is a bit over the top mate.

Regardless of what the stats say, until the final 12 mins after the lights went out, Oliver didn't have a clearance and hadn't had any influence on the game. The only guy from the Dees that was impacting the game at the time was Lever. The first of the game was kicked by Oliver's direct opponent while Clarry was 20m away. I don't understand how he got coaches votes to be honest.

I wouldn't put that much stock into meters gained. Rich got over 1000m gained in round 1 but he still had a terrible game.

Your man crush is a bit over the top mate.
He'd had 3-4 clearances before the lights went out so not sure where you got that stat from. But yeah the whole dees midfielders got smashed. it wasn't a good night.

He'd had 3-4 clearances before the lights went out so not sure where you got that stat from. But yeah the whole dees midfielders got smashed. it wasn't a good night.
He had had 0 clearances up until half time. I know he ended up with 5. I'm confident most of those came after the lights went out and the Dees got on top but I don't care enough to go searching.

ETA: 12 turnovers and 8 clangers on the weekend.

unfortunately danster the game is not played on paper. it was the least impactful game i have seen oliver play against brisbane. usually he tears brisbane a new one, but he didnt influence the game at all really until after the lights came back on this time.

does not change the fact that oliver is better than cripps anyway.

He had had 0 clearances up until half time. I know he ended up with 5. I'm confident most of those came after the lights went out and the Dees got on top but I don't care enough to go searching.

ETA: 12 turnovers and 8 clangers on the weekend.
So you said 0 until the lights went off. I proved that to be way off. Also, he didn't have 0 clearances up to half time. He had 1 (which is still low but that's not my point). if you're going to talk stats, get them right. But I also don't understand the idea. Oliver almost turned a 40 point deficit around on his own in about 15 minutes. You can't not include that just because there was a break in play.

When you're touching the ball 37 times, you're going to have more clangers. Some of the best players in the league have the highest clangers. Last year, Cripps, Oliver, Petracca, Laird, Tim Kelly, Bailey Smith, Chad Warner, Noah Anderson, Simpkin were all top 15 for clangers.

Shame Cripps did not kick that last minute goal as it would have capped off a pretty special day but 42 disposals (20 contested), 13 clearances, 11 score involvements, dragged his team over the line . . . fair effort.
He was absolutely blowing lining up for that one. Surprised he even made the distance after the amount of heavy lifting he'd done that game.

Back