Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 329 55.8%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 261 44.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps played a very good game yesterday. This sort of game is what Oliver did 4-5 times last season (i.e. over 40 touches and high clearance numbers). These are the sort of games that I've been calling out from Cripps. Should get maximum coaches votes.

Yes, both played well. I didn't see the Carlton game but by all reports Cripps was terrific.

Oliver back to his best after a poor game against Brisbane. I'm surprised one coach didn't give him 5 votes. It was a 10 game, instead he received 9.

Cripps had 41 disposals, but only 5 effective kicks. Not sure that's a blinder, was good for sure, but I don't think either played amazing games.
Seriously? Oliver had a great game yesterday. His kicking (especially for goal) was phenomenal. You probably assume that he didn't have an amazing game because he didn't get his usual 30-35 disposals.

Out of interest, did you watch the game?
Yes I did. I’m not saying he was bad. He’s had much better games though so saying it was a blinder is a stretch and feel it sets his bar lower than it should be.

Seriously? Oliver had a great game yesterday. His kicking (especially for goal) was phenomenal. You probably assume that he didn't have an amazing game because he didn't get his usual 30-35 disposals.
Are you assuming that I’m assuming?

That’s a slippery slope. If he can play better games (which he has and can) all I’m saying is it’s not a blinder.. 😂

Cripps had 41 disposals, but only 5 effective kicks. Not sure that's a blinder, was good for sure, but I don't think either played amazing games.
The only thing phresh about this take is that it's a dump.

The only thing phresh about this take is that it's a dump.
If you think it was an amazing game I just think it's disrespectful to Cripps, capable of better. All good if you don't think he's as good as I do, though.

If you think it was an amazing game I just think it's disrespectful to Cripps, capable of better. All good if you don't think he's as good as I do, though.
It was a great captains game on a genuine cow paddock where skills were dismal across the board and the ball looked like a greased-up block of concrete coming off most players boots.

Would have been grounds in better nick back in Melbourne after the flash flooding the other week.

Yes I did. I’m not saying he was bad. He’s had much better games though so saying it was a blinder is a stretch and feel it sets his bar lower than it should be.

Definitely capable of better. But he was clearly BOG.

I think if you’re suggesting he wasn’t so good because he only had 5 effective kicks, you’re overly reliant on the stat sheet.

Definitely capable of better. But he was clearly BOG.

I think if you’re suggesting he wasn’t so good because he only had 5 effective kicks, you’re overly reliant on the stat sheet.
Absolutely agree he was best on ground, I don't know if I haven't particularly communicated correctly here and maybe I've done Cripps a disservice. He was very good - I just think the word "blinder" was inappropriate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So weird how you’ve responded to that as if it was a personal attack on you.

Ollie is just a kid. He’ll sharpen up when he becomes a man.

Oliver will be * ugly forever unfortunately.
Strange fascination with a players looks. Who wants their inside bulls to be runway models lol. More than happy with Oliver being the best contested midfielder that's ever played.

Cripps hasn't even kicked a goal this year and this was the only thing that Cripps had over Oliver.

Strange fascination with a players looks. Who wants their inside bulls to be runway models lol. More than happy with Oliver being the best contested midfielder that's ever played.

Cripps hasn't even kicked a goal this year and this was the only thing that Cripps had over Oliver.
Most consistent, not best. Fyfe, Danger, GAJ, Judd etc far greater players regardless of if they started playing inside midfield from day 1 or not.

Most consistent, not best. Fyfe, Danger, GAJ, Judd etc far greater players regardless of if they started playing inside midfield from day 1 or not.
i said best constested mid, not overall mid. the numbers speak for themselves in terms of contested ball and clearances. I'm not talking overall though as that goes to Judd and Ablett. Regardless, to say 'far greater' is a bit too far as the numbers say that the 4 that you listed don't come close to Oliver in the pure contested numbers.

Very ordinary game from Crippa today
Honestly, this a typical game from him though. 29 touches, 23 handballs, no burst from stoppage, no metres gained, horrendous defensively. And apparently he's a goal kicking mid yet he's goalless this season. If he's not kicking goals, his midfield work is so far beneath Oliver's.

I thought in round 1 he was pretty good in the contested work but for whatever reason he looks powerful one week and looks like a plodder the next 3 weeks. I was watching him like a hawk too because he's in my fantasy team.

Honestly, this a typical game from him though. 29 touches, 23 handballs, no burst from stoppage, no metres gained, horrendous defensively. And apparently he's a goal kicking mid yet he's goalless this season. If he's not kicking goals, his midfield work is so far beneath Oliver's.

I thought in round 1 he was pretty good in the contested work but for whatever reason he looks powerful one week and looks like a plodder the next 3 weeks. I was watching him like a hawk too because he's in my fantasy team.
I've watched every game the blokes ever played at AFL level. That was a below par game from him. Fumbly, slipped over a bunch of times, decided not to kick the ball after qtr time. Normally much cleaner even when he's not bursting out of stoppages.

Back