Roast Cripps - time to go

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke is stuffing up our list. Agreeing to long term contracts to flaky players, and trading out our talls at any opportunity.

Brings in flaky Motlop and Watts, who are overpaid and under deliver, and injury prone Rockliff, delivered more than the other 2 but not enough and still overpaid.

Has traded out our core 24-27 year olds, so we have a big hole in our list between 23 and younger and 28 and over.

At the end of 2021 we wont have Westhoff, Boak, Robbie, Ebo, Broadbent, Hartlett, Paddy, Charlie, Rockliff, Jonas, Motlop, Watts, S Gray and McKenzie.

Who is going to replace these guys with similar output?? Our next premiership window now looks like 2025.

In 1 trade period, it sees the removal of 3 x 198cm+ players. Recruit 3 in the draft and you know they are 4 or 5 years away from being regular players. Ok Paddy's time was up and didn't want a one year deal, but we now have reduced our KPF depth as defined by the club/Ken Howard and Frampton in one trade period and our KPD depth, Howard according to us fans.

Since 2014 - Paddy 1 great year out of 5 - break even
2015 - Dixon 1 very good year out of 4 - break even. Toumpas a bust
2016 - concentrated on draft picks
2017 - Motlop, Watts and Rockliff discussed above, Trengove and McKenzie fair depth, Thomas a bust
2018 - Mayes what was the point? Hinkley wont give him a go. Lycett a good get but Hinkley drops him because Scott challenges him. Didn't have to give Pittard away for nothing.

Last edited:

The bloke is stuffing up our list. Agreeing to long term contracts to flaky players, and trading out our talls at any opportunity.

Brings in flaky Motlop and Watts, who are overpaid and under deliver, and injury prone Rockliff, delivered more than the other 2 but not enough and still overpaid.

Has traded out our core 24-27 year olds, so we have a big hole in our list between 23 and younger and 28 and over.

At the end of 2021 we wont have Westhoff, Boak, Robbie, Ebo, Broadbent, Hartlett, Paddy, Charlie, Rockliff, Jonas, Motlop, Watts, S Gray and McKenzie.

Who is going to replace these guys with similar output?? Our next premiership window now looks like 2025.

In 1 trade, it sees the removal of 3 x 198cm+ players. Recruit 3 in the draft and you know they are 4 or 5 years away from being regular players. Ok Paddy's time was up and didn't want a one year deal, but we now have reduced our KPF depth as defined by the club/Ken Howard and Frampton in one trade period and our KPD depth, Howard according to us fans.

Since 2014 - Paddy 1 great year out of 5 - break even
2015 - Dixon 1 very good year out of 4 - break even. Toumpas a bust
2016 - concentrated on draft picks
2017 - Motlop, Watts and Rockliff discussed above, Trengove and McKenzie fair depth, Thomas a bust
2018 - Mayes what was the point? Hinkley wont give him a go. Lycett a good get but Hinkley drops him because Scott challenges him. Didn't have to give Pittard way for nothing.
Yes.

He seems to be trying to justify his job. Trading for trading sake and trying to "make moves".

So much for making more effort to listen to the members.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Short memories re last years pick moves and the result,
3 seniors got did not cost much re picks.
would like him, parker interviewed first re the clubs assessment, before forming my overall opinion.
the status quo is not ok, the same path re list management prob same outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i dunno

I said a few days ago that i can see why we’re doing this, but it means a longer rebuild period and tbh it already feels like we’ve been rebuilding for at least three years

I would like stronger positions on our trades. Fair to say our selection committee doesn’t help the list manager.

That said the super long contracts * us too often and I would want Cripps to dial that back

And if he’s why we re-signed Cam Sutcliffe yeah he has to go

Wouldn't be trading out decent players without instruction from above.

Sack everyone.
A list manager's job is to build for the long run and ignore the coach's need to make finals to get a contract extension. If he is favouring short run - all the time - then he isn't doing his job properly.

Yeah i dunno

I said a few days ago that i can see why we’re doing this, but it means a longer rebuild period and tbh it already feels like we’ve been rebuilding for at least three years

I would like stronger positions on our trades. Fair to say our selection committee doesn’t help the list manager.

That said the super long contracts fu** us too often and I would want Cripps to dial that back

And if he’s why we re-signed Cam Sutcliffe yeah he has to go
That's why 2025 is our next premiership window IMO.

We have been on a continuous rebuild since 2016. You don't trade out 11 players then another 11 players and looks like this year will be 9 (Johnson, Broadbent, Trengove, Hewett, Pudney, Ryder, Frampton, Howard and probably Sam Gray), if you aren't on a long rebuild.

A list manager's job is to build for the long run and ignore the coach's need to make finals to get a contract extension. If he is favouring short run - all the time - then he isn't doing his job properly.
Is any one doing their job properly at this club atm, even the food sucks.

He would ask Ken for the green light to trade specific players.

Geez, the way our list has been ****ed around with I think 2020 is going to be a long year. The flickering light at the end of a long long tunnel is that 2020 and another miss may see the end of Hinkley. Please note that light is flickering as Koch is likely to do anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back