Cripps vs Bontempelli

Remove this Banner Ad

I was watching local footy & missed the game :oops:
I suggest you go find it, it was a beautiful kick.

Cripps' kick over 40m is often too high and loopy can be hard to mark, but his kick over 20-30m's is quite good. Bont has a nice low dagger from 15 all the way to 50m plus and that looks lovely, but with a dagger, he can often overshoot or undershoot a target in the 20-30m range, wheres Cripps hits them more often for mine.

His disposal efficiency being higher than Bont's reflects that.

I suggest you go find it, it was a beautiful kick.

Cripps' kick over 40m is often too high and loopy can be hard to mark, but his kick over 20-30m's is quite good. Bont has a nice low dagger from 15 all the way to 50m plus and that looks lovely, but with a dagger, he can often overshoot or undershoot a target in the 20-30m range, wheres Cripps hits them more often for mine.

His disposal efficiency being higher than Bont's reflects that.
His disposal efficiency is higher because he handballs more than he kicks. Bont is a better kick than Cripps, no ifs or buts about that one.

His disposal efficiency is higher because he handballs more than he kicks. Bont is a better kick than Cripps, no ifs or buts about that one.
Hmmn debateable.

He handballs more in contested situations, so that suggests hos DE should be lower.

Fact of the matter is, his disposal, as a whole, is better than Bonts

Bont has him on two facets of his game and two facets only. Metres Gained and Goals.

Nah, Cripps' ball drop is higher and general action is not as clean as Bonts. He also doesn't get as much penetration in his kick.

Not saying Cripps is a poor kick, but I'd say its the biggest area of the game he needs to work on. He's better at Bont at a few things, kickings just not one of them.

Bont has him on two facets of his game and two facets only. Metres Gained and Goals.

Can't let this slide...absolutely ridiculous. Bont is an out and out gun and will only get better. Talking him down is as moronic as trying to pick holes in Paddy.

They are both amazing players and will be multiple AAs by the time they retire. End of story.

Can't let this slide...absolutely ridiculous. Bont is an out and out gun and will only get better. Talking him down is as moronic as trying to pick holes in Paddy.

They are both amazing players and will be multiple AAs by the time they retire. End of story.
I dont see how saying Cripps is better than Bont is talking him down.

Im not saying Bont is bad. I love him, and he's a star, but Cripps is the better player. And the stats suggest that.

I know the grass is greener view means some fans struggle to give the proper praise to our own, and the media rides Bont so hard, it's hard not to see him as this God.

But Cripps is the better player.

I dont see how saying Cripps is better than Bont is talking him down.

Im not saying Bont is bad. I love him, and he's a star, but Cripps is the better player. And the stats suggest that.

I know the grass is greener view means some fans struggle to give the proper praise to our own, and the media rides Bont so hard, it's hard not to see him as this God.

But Cripps is the better player.

My bad, I read that as saying Bont is ONLY good for metre gained and goals and thought you were implying he was a limited footballer generally. Clearly, that's not what you said. A lesson to read things properly.

FWIW I think Bont is a better mark too and arguably has more tricks. But Paddys inside game is arguably harder to replicate and more important to a team...Ultimately I don't think one is better than the other, their games are different. If you had both you'd be set for life.

My bad, I read that as saying Bont is ONLY good for metre gained and goals and thought you were implying he was a limited footballer generally. Clearly, that's not what you said. A lesson to read things properly.

FWIW I think Bont is a better mark too and arguably has more tricks. But Paddys inside game is arguably harder to replicate and more important to a team...Ultimately I don't think one is better than the other, their games are different. If you had both you'd be set for life.
Oh undoubtedly, if you gave me a choice of another player to add to our team, Bont is number one.

We really need an inside/outside hard running, fast running, clean disposal player.

A Bont, or Parker or Kelly or a fit Jaeger would fit that bill.

Unforrunately it doesnt really look like there are any in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh undoubtedly, if you gave me a choice of another player to add to our team, Bont is number one.

We really need an inside/outside hard running, fast running, clean disposal player.

McCluggage fits that description pretty well. McGrath could also be described like that.
One of those guys should be there at our first pick.

Bontompelli isn't a fast running player. I'd suggest he'd be quicker than Cripps, but not by much.

He just knows where to find space and is elusive, like Pendlebury. Not fast but can slip in and out of traffic pretty comfortably. He's smooth, not fast. He's not the same as Parker, Jaeger or Kelly in that sense, they can genuinely burst out of a pack.

Bontompelli isn't a fast running player. I'd suggest he'd be quicker than Cripps, but not by much.

He just knows where to find space and is elusive, like Pendlebury. Not fast but can slip in and out of traffic pretty comfortably. He's smooth, not fast. He's not the same as Parker, Jaeger or Kelly in that sense, they can genuinely burst out of a pack.
Parker, Jaeger and Kelly are fast?? Cripps is probably faster then the 3 you mentioned in burst and top speed... :D

Lewis Taylor and Hogan are better. They won the rising star......
What a rigged award the rising star is.
I bet Caleb Daniel will win because he is averaging 21 disposals (in a team where everyone averages 20+) when mills is clearly the best player

Parker, Jaeger and Kelly are fast?? Cripps is probably faster then the 3 you mentioned in burst and top speed... :D

Well I didn't really say they were fast... just they can burst out of a pack. Cripps can't or doesn't do that. Although I will say Jaeger had decent pace and burst, he'd have Cripps covered comfortably. Wander what he'll be like now after the injury

Lewis Taylor and Hogan are better. They won the rising star......
What a rigged award the rising star is.
I bet Caleb Daniel will win because he is averaging 21 disposals (in a team where everyone averages 20+) when mills is clearly the best player
Darcy Moore might be a smoky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back