Faz 2000

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I think he might fall just a smidge short for the Brownlow for two reasons:

1. His dominant BOG displays will earn 1 or 2 votes instead of 3s in losses
2. When we start winning games in the back half of the year, it will be in HUGE parts because others put in 3 vote performances (SPS, Fisher, Curnow, McKay)

But right now he's the best player in the league (or as good as) AND a fantastic leader, so whatever is wrong at Carlton, whatever might give you cause for concern or pessimism, it sure as &*^% isn't this guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue and Blue

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
I remember once a story about Kouta. Describing him as the greatest athlete in the game and a sensational footballer with it.
I think Cripps is going to go past the great man.

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I think he might fall just a smidge short for the Brownlow for two reasons:

1. His dominant BOG displays will earn 1 or 2 votes instead of 3s in losses
2. When we start winning games in the back half of the year, it will be in HUGE parts because others put in 3 vote performances (SPS, Fisher, Curnow, McKay)

But right now he's the best player in the league (or as good as) AND a fantastic leader, so whatever is wrong at Carlton, whatever might give you cause for concern or pessimism, it sure as &*^% isn't this guy.
Cripps polled 20 votes last year despite us being belted more often than not. With us being more competitive this season, he should get a fair smattering of 3 votes, even in our close losses.

WFGodot

Team Captain
AFL Club
Carlton
Some of the things he’s done this year are simply unbelievable. He’s an inspiration to the kids at the club and he’s only 24!

If he is lucky with injury he will go down as one of the greats, not only of Carlton but the AFL.

Get this man some support in the midfield as the battering he takes week after week will impact longevity.

As for Brownlow medals. Sorry, don’t really care. I’d take the coaches or players association award ahead of it any day.

Regardless we are blessed to have the man on our side. What a star.

Metalcrusher

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Blackburn United EPL ... sorta
I get it on a footy forum but how often do you read a line like this from a sports journo?

"Then Cripps activated beast mode."

All of you read the article - all of you.
No … his teammates need to read this … ALL of them ...

"This can be viewed as an unhealthy reliance. After all, it’s not sustainable in the modern-day game for 21 players to constantly look to one teammate for in-game inspiration and single-handedly drag his team over the line."

Top Bottom