Toast CrippsWatch 2019

FootyGeek

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Still No 1 after 3 rounds, ahead by a huge margin.

D3i5A1AUUAAuue1

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
He’s added world’s strongest man to his kit bag of skills. He was intending to carry Papley around for the rest of the game. The proverbial doing it with one leg in the air or one hand tied behind your back. However Tom whispered in his ear “This is a little embarrassing for me Pat. Can I get down please?”
He didn't even realise he had Papley on his back.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Right here and now, he's legitimately right in the conversation as best player in the league. Things will ebb and flow, he'll have dud games (everyone does), but he's individually probably the equal of anyone right now. He's utterly relentless in his physicality and ball-winning, and continues to show far more flair and tricks than I think anyone expected (contested marking down the line, goal-kicking, decent step inside and delivery-by-foot).

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No doubt no doubt no doubt. He is entering his prime, while the Dusty/Danger/Fyfe trio are probably on the tail end of theirs.

There will of course be at least a couple of players who will step up and rival Cripps when those other 3 drop off, but ATM Cripps is clear no.1 of the new group. Bont is resurgent, guys like Oliver or Kelly could take the next step too. I think you need a point of difference though, and only Cripps and Bont have a physical trait(s) that set them apart.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
If we start winning games, he wins the Brownlow by the length of the Flemington straight.

Though, flipside of that is in order to win games we need more from people who are not Patrick Cripps.

May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
How much can one man take?. He is only human. Your time in footy is short. He no doubt wants to win games, play in finals, win premierships. We must offer him hope. Loosing him is ripping the heart and soul out of the club

Curnivore

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
How much can one man take?. He is only human. Your time in footy is short. He no doubt wants to win games, play in finals, win premierships. We must offer him hope. Loosing him is ripping the heart and soul out of the club
Sad but true. We owe him nothing if he wants to leave. He will be on close to a mill a year, so its not money he didn't commit long term to.

The Fantom

All Australian
Jun 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Another beast mode game from Cripps. Not sure how many players have averaged 25 points a game over 4 games, not many...if any.

D4GN2JZUUAADl9g
Where do you get these stats from?

Are they the AFL player ratings? Cripps hasn’t moved much in them all year which is very strange.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Where do you get these stats from?

Are they the AFL player ratings? Cripps hasn’t moved much in them all year which is very strange.
The AFL Player Ratings Twitter account releases the charts shortly after each game and then little stat snippets like the position leaders for the year after each round. Can sometimes take a while to be updated on the AFL website.

Cripps now into the top 10 of the league for overall player ratings if I'm reading that right, and with 37 of the rolling 40 game window used to assess. Will only go up as older games get struck from the record.

Back