Toast CrippsWatch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if it’s been mentioned, and apologies if it has, but with the underlining of the importance of centre clearances with the introduction of the 666 rule players like Cripps are absolute gold. We need to throw him a massive Buddy deal NOW.
I’m sure opposition clubs would be sniffing him out.

Dunno if it’s been mentioned, and apologies if it has, but with the underlining of the importance of centre clearances with the introduction of the 666 rule players like Cripps are absolute gold. We need to throw him a massive Buddy deal NOW.

That's unlikely to come about given that's likely what we tried to do last year before having Cripps sign on for another 2 only.
His manager knows what he's doing and why.

And look at Sydney’s forward line - it’s Buddy or bust.

If you overpay 1 player then you are forced to have a weakness elsewhere.

Need to pursuade Cripps to accept moderate $ in TPP (like Selwood etc at Cats) to be sure we have a squad that is a serious contender.

Then all the $ he will get off field and post career will have him set for life.

With the leadership he’s showing through this rebuild, he has the potential to be spoken about in truly great company when he’s done. If he winds up with a flag (flags?) and a Brownlow, you’re looking at a Club Legend in his prime.

It’s all still to do, don’t get me wrong, but this is what it looks like. He’s playing as dominant football as anyone has ever played right now (as per those ratings earlier in the thread), and everyone else on that list is a hands down Hall of Famer.

I thought this thread was unnecessary. But I was wrong.

We all know how good he is, but I think it's easy to take him for granted. Oh yeah, Cripps got a lot of the ball, dominated in the packs. As usual...

Yesterday he had a 'quiet game'; 28 touches, 17 contested, 9 tackles and 6 clearances. All while being tagged and possibly carrying some kind of injury/soreness. That's a quiet game? Nuts. Most players can only dream of playing a game like that.

That's some standard we hold him to. And he is getting better every year.

He started out as a clearance wunderkind. A handball from the pack wizz, but not much else. Then he added pace. He has improved his running/endurance. He is just about the best non-KPF/ruckman contested mark in the league. He is kicking more goals. And he is breaking clear from packs more; instead of just instantly handpassing, he is breaking into space and taking advantage of more options.

He could go down as the greatest ever contested ball player in AFL history (sounds hyperbolic, but I mean it literally and it's not unfeasible). We (half) joke about him winning multiple brownlows, but he polled 20 votes last year in a team that won 2 matches (and was robbed of BOGs in some losses IMO).

Absolute gun. I am in awe. We all should be. We are witnessing greatness. And he is still on 24 and had played a paltry 87 matches. He will get better still.

Patrick Cripps. The Crippenator. Cap'n. I salute thee.

Cripps come back to the pack somewhat in the last two weeks. Still number one on 20.2, Michaels Walters not far behind in second on 18.7.

D5YYq_xVUAAlext

I look at bob murphy as football and now media royalty - he articulates his normality better than most - his sessions with whateley are really interesting listening - he was pretty much in total, unabashed homage to one p. cripps this morning with regard to patrick's recent commentary around leaving for a flag in wa and why it won't happen............no I do not listen to GuesSEN........ever!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ****ing monster this guy is. You can set up and sit guys on him and maybe keep him quiet early on, but he always breaks through the pressure and comes out on top.

We need to get some wins not just for the club, obviously, but for Patrick cause by golly he's as deserving as anyone. We already know he would literally play with a broken leg if you let him.

Exactly the type of captain we haven’t had since Judd’s heroic efforts. A guy that rallies those around him through inspirational efforts.

Either he or Grundy would have the 3 votes yesterday, but Cripps was more eye catching in his contribution whereas Grundy just did his excellent thing all day long.

He should have 3 against Gold Coast and Bulldogs, and let’s say 3 yesterday.

0 vs North Melbourne and I reckon he misses out against Hawthorn after the team fade out in the second half and he was beaten on the day, with hardly much touch in the 3rd quarter when it swung whereas his opponent got off the leash and made us hurt. 0 vs Sydney, too.

I have him as 1, maybe 2 at most against Richmond, solid against Port so let’s say 1 v Tigers and 2 v Port to balance the ledger. So he’s probably between 9-12 after 8 rounds now. That’s decent pace.

Exactly the type of captain we haven’t had since Judd’s heroic efforts. A guy that rallies those around him through inspirational efforts.

Either he or Grundy would have the 3 votes yesterday, but Cripps was more eye catching in his contribution whereas Grundy just did his excellent thing all day long.

He should have 3 against Gold Coast and Bulldogs, and let’s say 3 yesterday.

0 vs North Melbourne and I reckon he misses out against Hawthorn after the team fade out in the second half and he was beaten on the day, with hardly much touch in the 3rd quarter when it swung whereas his opponent got off the leash and made us hurt. 0 vs Sydney, too.

I have him as 1, maybe 2 at most against Richmond, solid against Port so let’s say 1 v Tigers and 2 v Port to balance the ledger. So he’s probably between 9-12 after 8 rounds now. That’s decent pace.
He’s 3.5-1 in Brownlow betting. Jumped to a clear favourite now. Walsh our to 1.35-1 for RS. Good luck to those who multi’d them together early at 63-1. Looks great now.

He’s 3.5-1 in Brownlow betting. Jumped to a clear favourite now. Walsh our to 1.35-1 for RS. Good luck to those who multi’d them together early at 63-1. Looks great now.
Another couple of games like yesterday and I reckon that the bookies would be waving off people trying to put money on him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back