• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigerisland

All Australian
Jun 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
It is the midfield where are issues really lie. We were totally hosed by Collingwood. The backs I felt did their best. Lambert still has credits in the bank but Prestia less so. We need bring on another A grade mid and our mids along with Dusty must figure out how to break Dusty’s tags and get him setting up our play.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
plenty of talent in the vfl is a gross overstatement.

our biggest issue is our s**t midfield. if we want to try to rebuild for the next generation we need to look to increase the depth of our midfield. unfortunately there isnt a whole lot to choose from atm.
Well I dunno who you’re comparing us too , no one has any more depth than us in the ressies

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Well I dunno who you’re comparing us too , no one has any more depth than us in the ressies
Is that why we have Weller playing, and Ellis and markov are the first players in when we have midfield or backline Injuries? Is that why when Martin and Cochin aren't in brownlow vote form our midfield gets utterly dominated?

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Simple as that no finals this year it's a failure.Don't want to hear exuses injuries etc just look at eagles last year and pies and hawks.I'm expecting nothing less.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
If PA missing wines Hartlett and Dixon can intro 4 x u18 debutants to the side and come out convincing winners v a top 4 prospect then we can’t dismiss our chances with plenty of talent at vfl for most part that are a couple of seasons in , no excuses

I think our coaching team would be reluctant. They are adverse to risk

Clay1885

Senior List
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I know it looks like our season is over but we have a long season to get back on track. Rance out is huge no question about it, he cannot be replaced by anyone but it will take some time for the defence to adapt without him. Injuries give us a chance to look at some other players who have been starved of opportunity. Collingwood is a big chance for a flag this year and as much as it hurts to say they are a damn good team and have found a way to break down our game plan. We have a lot of work ahead of us but I would much rather peak at the end of the season than the beginning like we did last year. Essendon and Melbourne were preseason flag chances things can turn around quickly.

Balta for rance and leave him there , rance was never ready made when he first started , Balta is bigger , quicker and has more leap. Balta should be Rances project whilst in rehab.
Garthwaite for Grimes and leave him there when Grimes returns . Grimes can play anywhere and it will allow him to be more offensive.
Moore for jack until Caddy returns.

Nailed it, but the Brains Trust won't do it.

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
some of our best 22 need a rocket
some of our best 22 don't look fit

what we don't need is a repeat of last year, not playing enough kids throughout the year, so that when the (watery) s**t hit the fan, we didn't trust we could bring in younger guys to cover sick or underdone players.

one idiot on here mentions you lot as a top 4 chance and here you are

as they say, speak of the devil
Just here for Cappy's and Morgs' Tigercast appearance.
Saw the thread title and couldn't help throwing in that Simpsons reference.

Great OP. I think Garth for Rance, Balta for Jack (and be 2nd ruck). Caddy comes in Weller. Houli comes in for Bellis/Markov.
Let’s get a full season into Balta and Garth.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
Great OP. I think Garth for Rance, Balta for Jack (and be 2nd ruck). Caddy comes in Weller. Houli comes in for Bellis/Markov.
Let’s get a full season into Balta and Garth.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
I agree with the sentiment but I reckon get CCJ in there as back-up ruck. No point hiding him, he's a massive lad and a talent, let's ******* do it!
Balta - Rance
Garth - Grimes/Broad (Broad when Grimes is back. Offers more than Broad imo.)
CCJ - Riewoldt/Ruck
Caddy - Weller
Houli - Ellis (Markov hasn't been much chop but he's played 2 games Ellis is a serial squib.)

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
We have injuries to talls and we still refuse to play the younger ones or if we do we give them limited game time and limited opportunity.

We have for the last 3 yrs played a short side and we cant replace what talls we do have when they get injured.Because of a lack of will to play em.

Common sense says regardless of expectations there is a need to get games into the younger talls we have. especially when injuries occur.Why even have talls on the list if you arent going to play them under most circumstances.

The reseves side has been very good for two yrs why dont we give players a proper go when senior players stink it up.

I keep harping on about this but we only have numbers in the twos they wont become geunuine depth until we get a decent amount of games into them, it seems we cant even get games into them when we have injuries gotta ask when the hell are we going to give em a decent go.

We do lack cover with the talls and it is important we find ways to get games into them at the level. We are an excruciatingly small side and we do need to get games into some bigger mids. A LOT OF OUR SMALLS have obvious and glaring weaknesses we really need to be looking at more rounded options than them.
Instead we invariably keep on going back to the retread well with the exception of two or three young players.

Imo common sense says
Balta gets all yr to play chb in Rances role
Garthwaite has already done more than enough to warrant a permanent spot as the third tall freeing Grimes up, he should have grimes spot while suspended.
Moore should be coming in for Riewoldt it just makes sense.Its obvious they wish to have at least a two tall set up long term so play two talls fwd even without JR.

Ross stack Bolton and Rcd should all be getting games.

Ross for Ellis is a no brainer

Bolton for one of the horrid small fwds is a no brainer how bad has Butler been.Castagna can not possibly be a long term solution.Stop rewarding mediocrity and horrid performances.

Stack for Short across hb geez a small defender who makes good decisions has great all round skills and actually tackles and has a dip.

RC-D imo has shown more than enough to warrant fast tracking he is that big inside mid we desperately need. Theres no reason at 193cm that we cannot play him fwd in the Caddy role with some short stints thru the middle

Yes crisis creates opportunity but will Hardwick be strong enough to grasp the opportunity or will he just stick with regurgitating favorites.

Back