Crisis meeting - Hun reports

Remove this Banner Ad

The government didn't give us a cent for the recent upgrade re lights etc and supporters had to dig into their own pockets to fund the whole thing - and this was for the promotion of women's football where the government is handing out money to everyone - we didn't get a cent!

I remember putting my hand in my own pocket for this. Me, a lowly "member". Where's my government trophy?

The 50 year plan for Arden St is a pipe dream - a typical distraction - and supporters and members need to stop buying into this nonsense.

Correct, it's bullshit, designed to draw criticism away from non football related agendas. The only thing that is going to bulletproof the NMFC going forward is premierships.

Don't forget that this clubs focus on member expansion is immigrants, who I have barely noticed at North games, and focusing on the Arden street precinct development, and associated "inner city" types and hipsters. A demographic that has relatively * all interest in football, and it's not as if the ones that do support football that move in there, won't already have a team they support! I'd like to know how ANY of that stuff outperforms on field success.

The marketing people who dreamed up that rubbish wouldn't last 10 seconds in a marketing company that exists in the real world.

Last edited:
Really? What?

"We"?
What?
Non-football related community intergration works, whatever it won its award for, not my point.

We?
I am a member so the 'we' is just an inclusive description.

My point is that if we have this award winning program within the club maybe it is beneficial to us when lobbying for future hand outs from the government in regards to surrounding land and facility upgrades.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Huddle begin when we opened our new facility? Was this a requirement or an inititive from the Club to help gain assistence for the upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

'The Huddle' does some great work, kudos to it. Behind closed doors we have created an excellent showpiece for the state government when we put our hand out for future gains in regards to facility upgrades and land grabs.

Because Snake doesn't see a direct benefit to himself personally, the Huddle couldn't possibly benefit any other North fan or community member.

The government didn't give us a cent for the recent upgrade re lights etc and supporters had to dig into their own pockets to fund the whole thing - and this was for the promotion of women's football where the government is handing out money to everyone - we didn't get a cent!

The 50 year plan for Arden St is a pipe dream - a typical distraction - and supporters and members need to stop buying into this nonsense.
I was looking back to the initial facility upgrade.

Facilities need upgrading every 10-15 years. We will have our hand out again.

What?
Non-football related community intergration works, whatever it won its award for, not my point.

So ****en what?! Who cares?! What benefit is this to football?!

It's non football related virtue signalling bullshit!

We?
I am a member so the 'we' is just an inclusive description.

I get that, but you shouldn't go believing that non football related interests represent "we".

My point is that if we have this award winning program within the club maybe it is beneficial to us when lobbying for future hand outs from the government in regards to surrounding land and facility upgrades.

"If"? "Maybe"?

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Huddle begin when we opened our new facility? Was this a requirement or an inititive from the Club to help gain assistance for the upgrade?

No. There is no proof of that. Geelong didn't get $50 million for redevelopment works due to any "social" programs either.

Sounds like he’s putting it on the players. You don’t wanna know the level of thrashings we’ll receive if they drop their intensity.

And fair enough on the players, the half efforts from several were deplorable on Friday. We've gone from a strong contested team, to a team where half at best play contested footy and the rest are like seagulls waiting for free chips at the beach!

Because Snake doesn't see a direct benefit to himself personally, the Huddle couldn't possibly benefit any other North fan or community member.

Correct, as a member, I don't see a ANY benefit to my FOOTBALL club. Interesting that you utilise the term, "...other North fan or community member". We're a football club, not the Salvation ****ing Army. If you want to help out other "community members" then go join a charity organisation.

If you're not familiar with Tef's extreme right wing views by now then you probably never will be.

Is that what they're calling practical common sense these days?

You're another one that's had your brain poisoned with bullshit.

Peter De Rauch.
Yeah Peters ambition to accumulate more debt and take on the Cross Keys Hotel was a major reason why hes been pigeon holed off the board.
It was a stupid idea then and is a stupid idea now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter De Rauch.

The same De Rauch who was isolated by the board, because he wasn't on board with shipping us off to Queensland? Ricky is just trolling, again.

Yeah Peters ambition to accumulate more debt and take on the Cross Keys Hotel was a major reason why hes been pigeon holed off the board.
It was a stupid idea then and is a stupid idea now.

Who knows how that might have turned out? He's been a very successful businessman in the real world, and it's a completely different club and competition environment with different circumstances now.

Don't forget that this clubs focus on member expansion is immigrants, who I have barely noticed at North games,
You haven't noticed all those people wearing "I moved to Melbourne recently and am now a NMFC member due to the Huddle" badges?

How else are you jumping to this conclusion? Are you checking passports at games? I can't recall being asked for mine. Maybe cos I don't look like an immigrant...

The same De Rauch who was isolated by the board, because he wasn't on board with shipping us off to Queensland? Ricky is just trolling, again.

Who knows how that might have turned out? He's been a very successful businessman in the real world, and it's a completely different club and competition environment with different circumstances now.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-outsiders-20120310-1urgv.html

Thats Rocos article from 2012.

""The result was not one single media inquiry. Until, that is, former North Melbourne directors Peter de Rauch and John Nicholson decided to smack their club, and its chairman, around the ears for pursuing a path that put community and social responsibilities first, and dollars second.
Now everyone got interested. North couldn't survive without pokie money, apparently. Except it has for the past four years. The Roos were supposedly condemning other clubs for their acceptance of gaming revenue. They weren't. North just chose, not for the first time, to go its own path. And rightly, with heads held high. As Brayshaw put it: ''It's a pretty sad state of affairs if a club needs pokies to survive.''

As for that alleged missed opportunity to buy into the Cross Keys Hotel; a club with a $5 million debt was being asked to plough $5 million on top of another $1.2 million to buy gaming machines. Had it borrowed a necessary $6.2 million, North faced the prospect of a $12 million debt and paying $100,000 more per annum just in interest than even the most generous estimates of any profit it could count on from those machines, which have done so much for families and mental health. Yes, I'm being ironic.
Let's see … another $100,000 loss per year and a prospective $12 million debt. Is it any wonder the Roos said ''no thanks''?""

It would have crippled us mate

For ****s sake, what a load of rubbish.

I will put the same thing to you, what does ANY of stuff have to do with football? What benefit does it bring to football?

You don't even ask yourself why this crap exists in the first place.

So we're racists and bigots now because we ask questions as to why all this stuff exists inside our football club? Just check out your generic, weasly use of words like "family" and "community". It's completely disingenuous. Why? Because the North Melbourne "family" and "community" isn't Scanlon and the assorted cronies who sneaked in to the place on his coat tails, IT'S US, THE MEMBERS. THAT'S IT, NOTHING ELSE! How does any of this stuff benefit US, THE MEMBERS?

As for Scanlon, one thing has been shown, and that is that he cares a lot more about this stuff, than he cares about the NMFOOTBALLC.

Good for him, he should **** off and start a political party. We need to get down to the business of being 100% focused on winning premierships.

Personally I am proud of our club's efforts in helping migrants, don't using pokies etc. A club is a lot of things to a lot of people, this stuff matters to a lot of us. In saying that, it does not mean I look down on people who don't care about these things.

Personally I am proud of our club's efforts in helping migrants, don't using pokies etc. A club is a lot of things to a lot of people, this stuff matters to a lot of us. In saying that, it does not mean I look down on people who don't care about these things.

No it's not. It's a football club.

We are a very small organisation, with genuine enemies around us, who should be spending every available cent on the one and only thing that will bulletproof the long term security of this club, on field success.

Every single cent frittered away on matters not directly related to on field success, is a cent wasted, and a luxury we simply cannot afford.

The Bulldogs have a big social cohesion/community empowerment program as well.

Didn't seem to stop them from winning the flag in 2016.

Using our on-field struggles as an excuse to lob s**t at one of the best things the NMFC does is so blatantly transparent that it is laughable.

If the same guy who has a track record of a long campaign of saying Majak Daw didn't belong in the AFL thinks that The Huddle is bad, our commitment to community leadership and empowerment is bad, our leadership on pokies is bad, our commitment to the AFLW is bad, our star full forward being a vocal advocate on important issues is bad... etc etc... then maybe more people should do what many including myself have been doing for a long time and just ignore the ignorant oxygen thief.

He clearly has no idea about how anything works in the modern world that has left him and his backward views behind.

That's some pretty scandelous accusations on a good North man... on the basis of what? A marketing guys one line BF post?

FWIW, I read Heath's post as a successful businessman offered to pony up his own cash to help save the club, but wouldn't do it unless something significant changed in the way the business was run. North was obviously bleeding money and I doubt he would have wanted to throw good cash after bad. Is it so unreasonable he would want to ensure his cash isn't just wasted & NMFC fold/relocate a handful of years later?

As for the Huddle - we all know Snake's biggotted view on this one - but perhaps Scanlon isn't as racist as some here, and just genuinly wants the NMFC family to help the comminity where it can?
Again, I can attest that off field we are doing well but its 2019 not 2012. The past decade has been an unmitigated failure and EVERYONE is accountable for why we are sitting last right now.
It warrants a total review and means directors and those in senior positions need to justify how after years of not even remotely being a challenger or contender for the ultimate prize are we continually back to square one.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-outsiders-20120310-1urgv.html

Thats Rocos article from 2012.

""The result was not one single media inquiry. Until, that is, former North Melbourne directors Peter de Rauch and John Nicholson decided to smack their club, and its chairman, around the ears for pursuing a path that put community and social responsibilities first, and dollars second.
Now everyone got interested. North couldn't survive without pokie money, apparently. Except it has for the past four years. The Roos were supposedly condemning other clubs for their acceptance of gaming revenue. They weren't. North just chose, not for the first time, to go its own path. And rightly, with heads held high. As Brayshaw put it: ''It's a pretty sad state of affairs if a club needs pokies to survive.''

As for that alleged missed opportunity to buy into the Cross Keys Hotel; a club with a $5 million debt was being asked to plough $5 million on top of another $1.2 million to buy gaming machines. Had it borrowed a necessary $6.2 million, North faced the prospect of a $12 million debt and paying $100,000 more per annum just in interest than even the most generous estimates of any profit it could count on from those machines, which have done so much for families and mental health. Yes, I'm being ironic.
Let's see … another $100,000 loss per year and a prospective $12 million debt. Is it any wonder the Roos said ''no thanks''?""

It would have crippled us mate

I don't buy any of Connolly's bullshit. Are you aware of Connolly's personal politics?

Again, I can attest that off field we are doing well but its 2019 not 2012. The past decade has been an unmitigated failure and EVERYONE is accountable for why we are sitting last right now.
It warrants a total review and means directors and those in senior positions need to justify how after years of not even remotely being a challenger or contender for the ultimate prize are we continually back to square one.

If we're doing well "off field" but we're not doing well "on field" then we're NOT doing well "off field"!

This is flawed logic! The two matters cannot be separated! We are a FOOTBALL club. We EXIST to play well at FOOTBALL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back