Toast CRISPY.............!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Crisps move to the Half back line has been huge. His gut running is as good as anyone at the club, hes quick, strong, has a long kick albeit not always accurate but the positives he brings to our back half out ways the odd clanger in my opinion. I was not a huge fan of his midway through last year. I always respected his work ethic, always gives everything but I didn't think he had it in him to become consistently very good. Hes become a B+ type player which is very good. Not sure he will ever become a superstar but he doesn't need to. Having a VERY good year. Doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon either.
If DeGoey continues his improvement and re signs. The Beams trade has been a huge win for us.

i find it funny how people are willing to forgive Crisps direct turnovers by foot due to the other strengths he brings to a game.. Now i’m one of them, im not knocking him, very good player and valuable member of the team. But... why is this same principle not applied to Langdon for a majority of people? I see a lot of fans calling him a spud (especially during gameday threads) because of one turnover.

Ripping trade.

Beams was a gun for us, no doubt but I think DeGoey will end up better for us.

Crispo the old "steak knives" has been an integral part of our best 22 and has hardly missed a game. Hard to come across players so versatile as well.

As it turns out, Greenwood was the steakknives all along.....

i find it funny how people are willing to forgive Crisps direct turnovers by foot due to the other strengths he brings to a game.. Now i’m one of them, im not knocking him, very good player and valuable member of the team. But... why is this same principle not applied to Langdon for a majority of people? I see a lot of fans calling him a spud (especially during gameday threads) because of one turnover.

Always happy to forgive clangers when the players are trying to create something. Crisp and Murray do this like Harry and Heater used to do. Langdon is not nearly as creative or offensively inclined (more the Maxwell clone) as these two so therefore should make fewer clangers than they do.

Personally I'm happy with all three players but I do see the difference in analysing them.

Last edited:
Always happy to forgive clangers when the players are trying to create something. Crisp and Murray do this like Harry used to do. Langdon is not nearly as creative or offensively inclined (more the Maxwell clone) as these two so therefore should make fewer clangers than they do.

Personally I'm happy with all three players but I do see the difference in analysing them.
Yep spot on, and that is exactly why Langdon averages 2 less direct turnovers a game compared to Crisp.
But anyways, continue on your merry way praising crisps strengths apart from kicking while disregarding Langdons,and judging him as a player purely from his turnovers.
Langdon is a much better kick then Maxwell also, and while i understand the comparison, they are completely different.

Always happy to forgive clangers when the players are trying to create something. Crisp and Murray do this like Harry used to do. Langdon is not nearly as creative or offensively inclined (more the Maxwell clone) as these two so therefore should make fewer clangers than they do.

Yep well said. I would rather someone turn it over, busting the lines through the middle, than a stationary kick missing the target.

Yep spot on, and that is exactly why Langdon averages 2 less direct turnovers a game compared to Crisp.
But anyways, continue on your merry way praising crisps strengths apart from kicking while disregarding Langdons,and judging him as a player purely from his turnovers.
Langdon is a much better kick then Maxwell also, and while i understand the comparison, they are completely different.

I wasnt bagging Langdon. Try and comprehend.

They are different players, and Langdon doenst take the risks Crisp does so he should have fewer clangers. His style is that he tends to sometimes stop and hold the ball and then take the easy sideways option to a player in no better position than he was. Not always the best option and I understand why some people are frustrated with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always happy to forgive clangers when the players are trying to create something. Crisp and Murray do this like Harry and Heater used to do. Langdon is not nearly as creative or offensively inclined (more the Maxwell clone) as these two so therefore should make fewer clangers than they do.

I understand this is a thread about crisp.. but go and compare Langdons turnover numbers compared to other players who play a very similar role (Sicily, Lever, Stewart) and are considered good users by yourself and many others and you’ll see theres no difference, and he actually averages less per game.

They are different players, and Langdon doenst take the risks Crisp does so he should have fewer clangers. His style is that he tends to sometimes stop and hold the ball and then take the easy sideways option to a player in no better position than he was. Not always the best option and I understand why some people are frustrated with him.
Okay fair you arent bagging Langdon, my bad. Im Attempting to make a point as im sick of hearing about langdon as a whipping boy for reasons that aren’t justified. He is incredibly important.
Just misinterpretted your message and took it as a chance to get my thoughts out there, apologies

Lol..

And Langdon DOES have fewer clangers. Exactly my point. The easy sideways option is a necessary kick in football. You have a set amount of time to use the ball after a mark. Would you like him to boot the ball long to an outnumbered contest every time he has to play on? Or kick it to another bloke free where we get another 30 seconds to make a decision.
The sideways easy kick is sometimes (not always) necessary. And i dare say the role langdon plays means he is in the position to take those kicks more often then Crisp.

Not sure if we are watching the same Langdon, rarely do i see him miss stationary targets.
He’s the king of chipping sideways and it hitting nothing but turf.

Said it 100 times before if Langers was a good kick he’d be top 10 general defender in the league.

I understand this is a thread about crisp.. but go and compare Langdons turnover numbers compared to other players who play a very similar role (Sicily, Lever, Stewart) and are considered good users by yourself and many others and you’ll see theres no difference, and he actually averages less per game.

I'm not a Langdon critic but I see why some people are. I'm sure most would prefer the three you have named to him in our 22.

Footy fans tend to favour intensity. Crisp screams it. I'm a Langdon fan, but he has an air of slow laziness about him, thus he is not rated. That's my theory anyway. When Langdon doesn’t have the ball in his hand, he'd be pretty close to the quickest in the team, but people will swear till they're blue in the face that he is slow. Looks lazy but gets to more contests than any other defender. He's a strange mix where the impression is different to the reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back