Sexual Assault in Football

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
that wasnt his original comment. he went with the classy 'she's too ugly to be raped by ronaldo' route first.

Wow. I can’t imagine being a human being and having that thought even enter my mind. Who thinks like that? Disgusting.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Amazing that this still isnt headline news on every sports website. He's Ronaldo! With Messi, he is the face of the game, one of the GOAT's. Yet still nothing. Usually the media and newspapers absolutely froth at destroying careers. No idea why it isnt happening to Ronaldo.
it's getting published, but i think that most major publications are waiting for what happens next so to speak.

smokingjacket

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Picking up traction now in the US, European press still shamefully quiet considering the three pages they will give to the faintest whiff of a rumour that Ronaldo will move clubs.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I mean did you even read the article? She went to the police immediately after the incident, and there is filed evidence of her report.

It does seem odd that she wouldn't provide her last name when calling the police.

Her original lawyer was a POS though and didn't care whether or not this happened and how it may have affected her. He/she just saw it as an opportunity to make some money off Ronaldo, bet the lawyer took a significant slice of that $375,000 payout.

Instead of worrying about money her lawyer should've been pursuing justice.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
that wasnt his original comment. he went with the classy 'she's too ugly to be raped by ronaldo' route first.

I did wonder what the original comment was, I’d only seen it after it was edited via a moderator.

What a campaigner of a thing to say. But given who said it, I’m not that surprised. That’s a whole new level of being a hateful campaigner.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Certainly getting more coverage across the mainstream media sites now, particularly as Ronaldo has tweeted about it overnight.

Interesting to see what comes from the press conference now.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Well it's a load of legal talk, but from I understand there is going to be a load of documents made public early next week and Ronaldo is being hit with a summons in which he has 20 days to reply.

Thanks, I take it you watched it streamed? Will keep an eye out for the articles that summarise it, it’s getting much more traction now.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Saying 'no' during sex doesn't necessarily mean rape, just to be devils advocate for a moment. Obviously if she's refusing sex then it's rape, but a no could be playful, or ambivalent.
going to the hospital and having a rape kit used would be pretty clear cut i'd imagine.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yup, I watched it. The lawyer seemed to fumble a bit through questions. At one point he was asked when the last time he saw Mayorga was and he was like, "Uhh, yesterday or today, I can't remember." I hope she's got the right lawyer.... lol. But yeah there will def be articles that will sum it up really nice.

Yes just read this one from the BBC. Will try and catch the video when I can. Can’t blame her for wanting to head away for a while, she’ll would’ve been hounded if she remained.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45736180

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
It's a terrible graphic account, hopefully it's untrue. I think the floodgates will open now, with other women coming forward to accuse footballers. Perhaps even AFL players.

Interesting how NDAs are being challenged again, as in the case of Trump. Although this is a rape case. It would need to be a whole lot of money to get anyone to shut up about a rape. Not surprised she finally reneged.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Ronaldo joined RM on June 11 2009. This alleged incident happened on June 12th 2009. Was probably celebrating his RM transfer when this allegedly went down. Suspect Perez kept this quiet back then and sold Ronaldo before it was inevitably leaked.

Can this go to trial now? Imagine trying to extradite CR7 for trial from Italy. One way or the other either his guilt or innocence needs to be proven to put this to bed.
So that's why he didn't go to MLS, even though he had a MLS "dream"

#conspiracy

New job typeclub?

dd8e10ea84d16e549b304110622a9c5f.jpg

Back