Sexual Assault in Football

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
How has the Ronaldo revelations not been commented on yet? Absolutely awful. I wonder how Juventus/the football community writ large will react.

A woman has come out and shed light on an incident from 2009 in Nevada where she claims that Ronaldo sexually assaulted her. I don't think there's any way to read all of the information thus far compiled and the article by der spiegel and not think that there is a very significant chance that she is telling the truth.

The relevant reading is all here:

https://deadspin.com/woman-who-accused-cristiano-ronaldo-of-rape-tells-her-f-1829397179

http://www.spiegel.de/international...an-who-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230634.html

Ronaldo and his legal team have responded to the claims by saying it is fake news and threatening to sue der spiegel for "violation of personal rights" which is pretty laughable.

There is a civil suit which is pending in Nevada, but I have no idea what will come of it. Can't say I'm too optimistic of any real action being taken against Ronaldo, but for me this is a stain on him that will never be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH she shouldn't be allowed to do this. Rape/sexual assault allegations can ruin reputations if false.
What is in that doesn't look good for Ronaldo but you shouldn't be allowed to accept a settlement, not have your allegations tested and proven in a criminal court, then proceed to speak up about the incident and drag him through the mud again.

The claims may be true, I of course don't know. Taking an out of court settlement to me should signify the end of proceedings.
You want him to answer for what you say he did then take him to court and get it proven.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Appalling reading. If true his actions simply cannot be defended and he should have the book thrown at him.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
He basically admitted it in that questionaire he submitted to his lawyer that she was saying, "No, stop." Whether or not anything comes of all this remains to be seen but the information provided by der Speigel is incredibly damning.

Yes I mentioned this in the on topic thread and for me it is worth noting again here. It’s a staggering admission.

No doubt a lot of these claims are dismissed as just another person perhaps trying to sling mud at a celebrity in order to try and claim a cash settlement. However, this is different for me.

Ronaldo and his legal team publicly say this was consensual, however it seems privately he admitted she was telling him “no” and to “stop”. How the * is that consensual?

She was saying no, but it seemed he continued regardless. Then Ronaldo and his team claim another guy caused her injuries, not him.

So often in these situations, unfortunately women are discredited and it seems the onus is on them to prove that their version is the truth.

However, I’d say that’s flipped on its head when the defendant has effectively admitted he heard the victim say no and stop, yet refused to do so.

This is ****ed. So many details in this case are horrendous. The threats made against her, the intimidation, not allowing her family to be present at mediation, Ronaldo failing to show up on the day etc.

It’s all ****ed up. Her life has never been the same since and perhaps will never be. I’m devastated for her and Ronaldo has a lot to ******* answer for here.

Donnie Darko

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Waits 10 years to say anything and goes to the media , rather than the police.

Innocent until proven guilty ,doesnt count for much these days.

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Waits 10 years to say anything and goes to the media , rather than the police.

Innocent until proven guilty ,doesnt count for much these days.

I mean did you even read the article? She went to the police immediately after the incident, and there is filed evidence of her report.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Your comments are embarrassing since you don't even know what happened and as of now the claims are completely unfounded.

Ah yes, I was wondering when you would crawl out of your hole and chime in. I bet you got especially giddy out of his usage of “fake news” :D

The bloke with a topless Ronaldo avatar leaps to his immediate defence, well blow me down!

nlZYGZ8mOU8Or8TLyL5ah6sXo2c=.gif

Nothing huge in the media about it though. Nobody is reporting it?? It's weird.

Yes only a few snippets here and there, in fact I’d only heard about it because it was mentioned in the on topic thread originally.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
She's attention seeking until Ronaldo is proven guilty.

This doesn’t help at all. No, she is really not attention seeking. Innocent until proven guilty for sure but calling this lady an attention seeker doesn’t help anyone. Especially not victims of sexual abuse

Maybe Real Madrid were given forewarning that the s**t was about to hit the fan in the next couple of months regarding this and decided to sell him to an unsuspecting club.

Your comments are embarrassing since you don't even know what happened and as of now the claims are completely unfounded.

The embarrassing part is saying “you don’t even know what happened” to a person who most likely read the court documents of exactly what happened.

http://www.spiegel.de/media/media-43488.pdf

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Amazing that this still isnt headline news on every sports website. He's Ronaldo! With Messi, he is the face of the game, one of the GOAT's. Yet still nothing. Usually the media and newspapers absolutely froth at destroying careers. No idea why it isnt happening to Ronaldo.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Ronaldo joined RM on June 11 2009. This alleged incident happened on June 12th 2009. Was probably celebrating his RM transfer when this allegedly went down. Suspect Perez kept this quiet back then and sold Ronaldo before it was inevitably leaked.

Can this go to trial now? Imagine trying to extradite CR7 for trial from Italy. One way or the other either his guilt or innocence needs to be proven to put this to bed.

Back