Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Neymar responds to rape allegations by releasing WhatsApp messages between him and his accuser:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/06/02/5cf38cb622601dfe618b458e.html

Running google translate one of the messages roughly translates to "that was amazing let's shag again!"

The incident was alleged to have occurred May 15th in a hotel in Paris. No complaint was made to French police - the accuser made allegations to Brazillian police after travelling back to Brazil.

For me, if these messages really are genuine and did occur after the supposed incident I do not see how Neymar could possibly be guilty of sexual assault.

If all of this is true I can see it negatively affecting the Ronaldo sexual assault case which is a shame.
What is it about Neymar's response that you find convincing? The part where he screenshotted nudes to humiliate the accuser? He's nauseating.

What is it about Neymar's response that you find convincing? The part where he screenshotted nudes to humiliate the accuser? He's nauseating.

I don't like the guy, but saying that he did that to humiliate the accuser? Really? He's been accused of rape and if the messages he showed are true, he was clearly set up. Give the guy a break. All he did was bring up evidence showing he's innocent.

Yeah absolutely no issue with what he did if in fact the women in question is talking s**t. Problem is though he will now be investigated for revenge pr0n so has kind of ****ed himself over by trying to prove his innocence.

Neymar responds to rape allegations by releasing WhatsApp messages between him and his accuser:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/06/02/5cf38cb622601dfe618b458e.html

Running google translate one of the messages roughly translates to "that was amazing let's shag again!"

The incident was alleged to have occurred May 15th in a hotel in Paris. No complaint was made to French police - the accuser made allegations to Brazillian police after travelling back to Brazil.

For me, if these messages really are genuine and did occur after the supposed incident I do not see how Neymar could possibly be guilty of sexual assault.

If all of this is true I can see it negatively affecting the Ronaldo sexual assault case which is a shame.

I don’t believe it will have any bearing on the Ronaldo case. The information and material made available for that is poles apart, there’s no comparison.

But were you perhaps referring to the skepticism involved when a woman comes forward alleging assault against players/celebrities of this stature?

Problem with a rape accusation is that a celebrity becomes guilty by default in public opinion. I guess there was no other way for Neymar to express his innocence other than show evidence that proves his innocence.

It would be better if both the victim and the accused remain anonymous until the decision is made to charge the accused. That way we wouldn't have this stuff play out in the public domain. When a celebrity like Neymar is involved I imagine that's easier said than done

I don’t believe it will have any bearing on the Ronaldo case. The information and material made available for that is poles apart, there’s no comparison.

But were you perhaps referring to the skepticism involved when a woman comes forward alleging assault against players/celebrities of this stature?

Yes, that is what I was getting at. I don't think it is fair if that is the default position when a celebrity is accused of rape. Cases like the Neymar one (if the facts we are getting are real) will not do anything to help the position of genuine victims.

Problem with a rape accusation is that a celebrity becomes guilty by default in public opinion. I guess there was no other way for Neymar to express his innocence other than show evidence that proves his innocence.

It would be better if both the victim and the accused remain anonymous until the decision is made to charge the accused. That way we wouldn't have this stuff play out in the public domain. When a celebrity like Neymar is involved I imagine that's easier said than done
If Neymar’s evidence is the real thing and it confirms his innocence, I don’t have a problem with this being released at the expense of the accusers anonymity. If the accuser is blatantly lying, anonymity should never be a right.

And he responds with a hattrick this morning takking his side to the UEFA Nations League final.

Legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is footage floating around with Neymar of him declining to sleep with someone, he's busy on his phone or something, then she gets angry and threw a glass cup at his head. Is this anything to do with the actual Neymar incident or a separate thing?

Happy to see something like this being done. I didn't watch the game, but was it mentioned on the match coverage/studio coverage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back