Criterium Du Dauphine (Deserves a post on how good the last stage was)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
Apologies, I know there is no thread for this race, but I haven't seen as good of a last stage to a race in along time.

It was captivating.

Fulsang and others getting the break on Ritchie Porte, where they tried to ride away before the last climb.

Ritchie showing massive balls - to kee p in touch and close with most of the group.

Except for Fulsang - who went from the bottom and just kept going, where he was fight 1 on 1 with Porte in the end to get the gap he needed.

It kept going back and forth to each of them in which the clock favoured, they were going at similar speeds, with Porte desperate to close a a minute to 1:10 gap. It was great racing.

And to watch Porte capture most of those in front was just great t.v.

If you missed it try and get to watch it.

Can't wait for the tour.

Anyone else's thoughts.

Apologies, I know there is no thread for this race, but I haven't seen as good of a last stage to a race in along time.

It was captivating.

Fulsang and others getting the break on Ritchie Porte, where they tried to ride away before the last climb.

Ritchie showing massive balls - to kee p in touch and close with most of the group.

Except for Fulsang - who went from the bottom and just kept going, where he was fight 1 on 1 with Porte in the end to get the gap he needed.

It kept going back and forth to each of them in which the clock favoured, they were going at similar speeds, with Porte desperate to close a a minute to 1:10 gap. It was great racing.

And to watch Porte capture most of those in front was just great t.v.

If you missed it try and get to watch it.

Can't wait for the tour.

Anyone else's thoughts.

Shaping up to be a good tour.
Questions for me are do BMC have the cattle to help Richie in the mountains? Will Aru retain leadership despite the form Fugslang has shown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaten by bonus time where one stage was decided by the width of a tyre when Froome blocked him from passing on the inside. Was the moral winner and his effort to ride on his own in the valley and pass basically everybody up the final climb was huge. They can bring in any of Dennis, Samu, Caruso, Oss, Scahr, Qunziato. GVA and his ego wanting the team dedicated to him will be the downfall.

Thought that was a good ride by Porte.

Also well ridden by Fulsang tho'

You can't get that sort of pressure from a training ride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back