Not-a-cluey Croad & Jesaulenko having a baby!!

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
It’s all over social media!

If you take out the fact it was possibly a turning point in a GF in front of a huge crowd with iconic commentary, you'd have to say that Cornes is probably right.

Sure it was an exceptional mark. However, as Cornes points out, there have plenty of better marks since. Apparently even Jesaulenko doesn't rate in the all time best (he may be humble).

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
An outstanding melt by Jezza Jnr. Cornes was in no way criticising her old man, just saying that the mark itself is overrated due to the context and commentary.

Cue Kate furiously getting on the blower to call his comments 'disgusting and disgraceful', suggest he's personally bagging her father, pretend to know she doesn't know who Cornes is, and call Jesaulenko 'an iconic father and an iconic husband' (????) as if that's the slightest bit relevant (much like her good self I guess).

Just fantastic. 10/10, please call again.

bomberz20_72

All Australian
Jul 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United
It should be a requirement of BF membership to know of arguably the most iconic thread on this website, much like the citizenship test.

It created the certified legendary thread tag.

Rompingwins was Hamish McLachlan's login alias that he used to edit his own (very favourably) Wikipedia page. It was also the name of a racehorse he owned at the time. This was all discovered by the detective work of BF members at the time.

Enjoy.
Cheers mate. I did not know! May as well start reading

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
So ******* funny. Was the best bit of sports radio I have ever heard and it took a few hours but once I twigged that Croad/Jesaulenko rang a bell, I came back to this thread. Shame that it's been edited with some deleted comments and whatnot but still ******* gold.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So ******* funny. Was the best bit of sports radio I have ever heard and it took a few hours but once I twigged that Croad/Jesaulenko rang a bell, I came back to this thread. Shame that it's been edited with some deleted comments and whatnot but still ******* gold.

Was she actually talking to Cornes on the air or was she ranting to another host ?

Last edited:

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Some people are seriously unhinged...

"disgraceful", "disgusting" and being "beside herself" over what? A moderately controversial statement which really doesn't mean anything.... Over reaction of the year?

This bird just loves the limelight and absolutely thinks she is relevant and famous when in reality, her hyperbole and obvious pseudonym work online is just pathetic and obvious.

Mar 25, 2008
Victoria's Secret HQ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

"disgraceful", "disgusting" and being "beside herself" over what? A moderately controversial statement which really doesn't mean anything.... Over reaction of the year?

This bird just loves the limelight and absolutely thinks she is relevant and famous when in reality, her hyperbole and obvious pseudonym work online is just pathetic and obvious.

What else could they both do when flights have stopped coming from Colombia

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

TBH I reckon there’s a bit more to it. Few roos loose in the top paddock.

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Was she actually talking to Cornes on the air or was she ranting to another host ?
It was Bob & Andy. They were trying very hard not to laugh at her whilst defending Kane & trying to explain his comments.. They were kind of defusing the situation and expecting her to simmer down and say thanks, cya later etc. but she just kept repeating herself and not backing down on her comment. Genuine buffoon, some posters above have summed it up, there was no need to react so strongly. I would understand if Kane said her dad was a piece of s**t human but he didn't even comment on his footballing ability. She's not all there, clearly.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I was waiting for this thread to get bumped yesterday after seeing her comments, glad I haven't been let down

TBH I reckon there’s a bit more to it. Few roos loose in the top paddock.
smoking the glass bbq tends to do that to people especially at 4 am

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I actually think that without that mark and the subsequent catchphrase that came from it - Jezza wouldn't have become the icon that he became.

And for someone that clearly rides his coattails, the idea of it being downplayed would be quite confronting.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
ha

I am intrigued with this relationship. I have always loved Trent Croad. I remember Jezza’s daughter was a model many years ago and appeared on the footy show. But how does one from Hawthorn hook up with a legends daughter from Carlton? I am not sure this story is real. Maybe they are just good friends? Anyone know? Imagine the breeding though - the looks, the talent!! Sign them up Hawks!!

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
I actually think that without that mark and the subsequent catchphrase that came from it - Jezza wouldn't have become the icon that he became.

And for someone that clearly rides his coattails, the idea of it being downplayed would be quite confronting.
Jezza was a star in many positions, it's obvious you never saw him play.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jezza was a star in many positions, it's obvious you never saw him play.

Not doubting he was a star.

But there's a big difference between a star and an icon.

Random, spur of the moment s**t like "Jesaluenko you Beauty!" are often the difference.

There's no way he'd be remembered the way he is today, if not for that mark and the call.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Not doubting he was a star.

But there's a big difference between a star and an icon.

Random, spur of the moment s**t like "Jesaluenko you Beauty!" are often the difference.

There's no way he'd be remembered the way he is today, if not for that mark and the call.
Did you see him play?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Pissa. From Reddit:

Carlton AQW496 13 points.
"Trent is not a smart man. When he joined a local VAFA team he failed to realise the team's Facebook group wasn't private and repeatedly posted about heading out to pubs and clubs after pre-season training sessions to * bitches. Did his achilles 5 mins into rd 1 on the same Saturday Caro's article implicating him in the Dank situation was published.

Last edited:
Back