Crocmedia takes over AFL Record

Remove this Banner Ad

BarryMorgan

Premiership Player
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The AFL Record has become the latest portion of Crocmedia’s ever-expanding media empire.

Full details here - https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/ef0298e87d5be273bc4c3de0bc67ffa4

Anyone else slightly concerned by the near-monopoly Hutchy and co. is building when it comes to AFL media? I know there’s a lot of other coverage available, but when it comes to products that have official AFL links such as the Record or TAC Cup coverage, Crocmedia seems to win the contract every time.

I called it six months ago and I stand by it that the Croc Media bubble will burst. The business is growing to quickly and I don't think they are all good investments.

There has never been money in low rating radio stations, live sports broadcasting of non mainstream competitions, NBL clubs and now in the record.

I don't think in the last 12 months there has been any purchase where I have thought there would be major competition to gain that business or sporting rights.

Triple M dropped out of Cricket because it cost to much, I get that Croc Media can do it cheaper but probably only to break even.

Does anyone even buy the record anymore? I might do it for a milestone game or a big final to keep but all I see people looking at before the game starts now is their phone

I used to buy it every game I went to, built up a collection of about 300. But I never looked at them and just threw them out one day. Can't say I've missed them!

Does anyone even buy the record anymore? I might do it for a milestone game or a big final to keep but all I see people looking at before the game starts now is their phone
I too wondered that. I haven't bought it since I was a kid.

As a kid it was great to mark down the goal kickers and to read before the game and at half time but now you read your phone

Strange Hutchison would close down Inside Football magazine and then months later buy this when it's hardly any more relevant in 2018.

Eddie McGuire's Jam TV is giving Crocmedia a run for their money. With Talking Footy, Footy Classified, The Kick, The Footy Show both Thursday and Sunday, Friday Night Countdown plus non sports productions like 'A moveable feast', McGuire's group is not exactly insignificant in the football media here in Australia.

I buy the Grand Final edition to keep my collection going. Have them dating back to 1959 so it's more a habit than anything these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a collector of the footy record, i have every Hawks home and away game since round 1 1959 to the present day, but i only purchase the record now to keep the collection going, its certainly not read worthy on a weekly basis

I am a collector of the footy record, i have every Hawks home and away game since round 1 1959 to the present day, but i only purchase the record now to keep the collection going, its certainly not read worthy on a weekly basis

I used to collect them as well. There’s usually plenty of discarded ones laying around if you walk around the seating bays 10-15 minutes after the game ends, so at least you don’t have to pay the $5 that it isn’t worth.

wow......that's over 1,100. Awesome effort.
Would love to see a few pages of the 1959 version if that's possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back