Game Day Crom vs Bombres - Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Vital game to our finals chances. Fingers crossed we build on our last away game and actually win away from AO

Although I live in Melb, I won’t be there due to work, but I’ve seemed to be a jinx for most recent games I’ve been to, so hopefully this one works in our favour

Crows by 10

Last edited:
First game of the season I'm actually nervous about. Only because a spot in the top 8 is very possible, and even a top 4 spot isn't out of the question.

We can definitely make some noise in the finals if we bring our A-game.

Crom by 14.

Don't think we'll win this. Essendon have been pretty good, only +3 goal losing margins was cats at G and travelling to Brisbane and Freo. Our only decent away game was pies at the G, although 25 point loss at cat park is historically pretty decent. Just think they'll be too slick and we'll concede too many easy possession chains between the arcs. Dons by 20-30.

This will be a "Remember that Bombers game at Marvel?" moment, whether we win or lose. A coming-of-age or a here-we-go-again.

The 2009 epic for Edward's 300th was Tippett's coming of age kicking 7.

An incredible game from start to finish, raining goals.

In the last quarter, Douglas kicked a check side from the boundary 40m out which span the other way for a goal.

Let's hope Thilthorpe can match Tippetts effort today.

Huge game, win this and we almost lock in a finals spot with our run home. Lose and we then will likely need to win one of the games against Melbourne or Brisbane away or the showdown to get there.

If we are switched on and play with the same intensity as we did against the Magpies a few weeks ago we will win this.
Crows by 13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team playing well and should be confident, but carrying players like McHenry and Sholl in team with Murphy and playing Sloane as wingman come mid of great concern along with going extra small in defence, where should have given Borlase or Nankervis a game.

Last edited:
Would love to see this team play more at Marvel under the roof in perfect conditions. This is the sort of ground where we should thrive. Reckon this game will be a great indication of where we are at. This game and the away game vs Melbourne. We win and look convincing - we should be top-8. Another loss on the road or a 'should have won' style game - then we are simply not ready.

....Also maybe the Redman Cup...?

Don’t know if this is fact of fiction but in my mind when the Crows play Essendon they always have some random/not widely well known/couldn’t pick them out of a lineup player kick goals at ridiculous important times ether when the Crows are coming back into the game or Bombers are surging back, so fully expecting one of Jye Menzie, Will Snelling or Sam Durham to be this player.

Thank God they no longer have Mitch Brown playing for them, that bloke is a first round Hall of Fame inductee into the Callum Chambers Club, bloke turned into prime Nick Riewoldt against the Crows. Also playing any team with Jake Stringer in it under the roof at Marvel still gives me slight ptsd.

Last edited:
Really have no idea what to expect today.... We surely should turn up switched on as have so much to play for. This really is a 8 point game.

Feel like Riley Thilthorpe may be the difference maker today.

Both forward and in the ruck.

In defence they have a bunch of 189-195cm guys. So Riley should have the vertical advantage on anyone they put on him. And he could really expose both Phillips and Wright around the grounds as a 4th mid style ruckman.

Would love to see him take this game by the scruff of the neck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back