NRL Cronulla Sharks

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Jesse Ramien does not display much nous at times. Then again if you are going to be over cautious because you are a man short you probably won't win.

I have looked at Kennedy's high shot and it looked a lot worse than it was. Walsh was on his feet almost immediately and did not need a HIA. I am OK with the send off but I have to ask why other players have not been sent of for similar offences? Daniel Tupou's high shot on St George's Mikaele Ravalawa in the Anzac Day game springs to mind. Inconsistent interpretations by the referees is perplexing.

Yes Jesse Ramien does not display much nous at times. Then again if you are going to be over cautious because you are a man short you probably won't win.

I have looked at Kennedy's high shot and it looked a lot worse than it was. Walsh was on his feet almost immediately and did not need a HIA. I am OK with the send off but I have to ask why other players have not been sent of for similar offences? Daniel Tupou's high shot on St George's Mikaele Ravalawa in the Anzac Day game springs to mind. Inconsistent interpretations by the referees is perplexing.
LOL, and you say that as a Port supporter - the most-inconsistently-and-perplexingly-umpired AFL team ;)

I'm OK with the send-off, and Ramien's binning. I agree though it would be nice to see this consistently applied.

Back in April when Tupou was not sent off Paul Kent had a really heated argument with Paul Crawley on NRL 360. If Kennedy's send off comes up tonight and Crawley is on the panel there might be more fireworks. It may well happen as FOXTEL will see it as good television.

Tupou got off with a careless plea but after the media frenzy that is currently happening in Sydney they will hit Kennedy with a reckless tackle charge. Some sections of the media are saying that Ramian's tackle was more dangerous than Will Kennedy's.

Last edited:

That is us all over, magnificent one week rubbish the next. We seem to invent bogey teams and this year it is the Raiders who have had 4 wins for the year and 2 of them are against us.

As for today's game that old problem appeared again a slack 30 minutes in which our defence had huge holes in it. Maybe we threw the side around too much in order to cover the loss of Will Kennedy.

* magic round I have never seen the point of it.

Bad day at the office. The Raiders are a pretty ordinary side. Obviously Kennedy is a loss, but you've managed withiut him OK before.

Magic round makes more sense in the UK, where the distances are so much smaller (even so, I've not been since it's been in Newcastle!). I suppose it's fine if you live in Brisbane.

What a fairytale, Lachie Miller a 27 year old Olympic 7s player scores a try on debut.

Miller played quite well at full back and it allowed Nicho Hynes to move back to half back. Pity no one thought about that move last week.

Had to withstand a Titan fightback in the last 10 minutes but the conditions were pretty poor. Mulitalo's one hand take at full pace in the driving rain to score a try was amazing stuff.

After 11 matches we sit in 4th spot on the ladder with the Chooks next week.

Fallen in something of a hole since the suspensions against the warriors. Hopefully we can right the ship, but it does seem we aren't at the level of the top sides.

Sack Hinkley ;)

Yeah, it is almost as if we got big heads after that 12 man win. We recriuted Finnucane to be that leader up forward but he looks like being sidelined with concussion for a few more weeks. Geez, there is a curse with Cronulla recruits of late.

I find it hard to figure. You were going well earlier, and playing some terrific footy; Hines looked great, and then it all fell away a bit. And against the Roosters, for a while, there is was back: quick handling and sharp incisive running that really asked some questions of a defence. But for nowhere near long enough. And as for defence, well, it'd be churlish to deny that the Roosters were very very good. Everything seemed to come off, and everyone knows the quality they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win after a slow start.

Nicho Hynes' kicking was poor, 3 from 8 is not good enough. Nicho has a really pronounced right to left hook which is difficult to control. Players like Clearly or Walsh kick it straight as an arrow.

For some reason the NRL award 2 points for a bye which has us at 18 points after 8 wins. This over inflates our position a bit as Manly and the Chooks are both on 14 points but have not had the bye. In reality we are only 2 points clear of these two sides not 4 as the ladder suggests. I am not sure why the NRL adopt this points structure. It does not exist in the AFL where you only get points for the games you win.

Last edited:
I never understood why byes are necessary anyway. Can't every one play everyone else home and away?

I never understood why byes are necessary anyway. Can't every one play everyone else home and away?

Probably an agreement with the NRL Players Association through which the players have to get a week's rest mid season.
Next year there will be an odd number of teams with the Dolphins entering the comp so we will have byes on a more regular basis.

Didn't even realise we were playing last night - turned in what seemed to be a good win against the second-placed Cowboys in Townsville. Another tough assignment next week against the Panthers, but we've now won our last five.

We did well with our draw through the Origin circus period, meeting teams with a few key outs. I remember they days when this period was less fortuitous and would derail our season.

Yes, we have not lost players to Origin and have benefited as our opposition has had some outs.

Near full strength we did what we had to do last night against a depleted Cowboys outfit. The Cowboys were possibly robbed of a try due to the interference rule, for once a crazy interpretation of the interference rule worked in our favour. It was a double blow for the Cowboys as we scored from the restart.

Great to see Nicho Hynes kicking straight after a couple of wayard weeks. He got 5/5 last night.

We currently sit 3rd after 18 rounds but we have Penrith and Rabbitohs in the next 2 weeks. Katoa came off with a shoulder injury late in the game so hopefully he is OK.

Still enjoying watching you guys play, A good side playing some good stuff. As are the Cowboys, to be fair. A very good contest.

A couple of decisions in last week's game v Bunnies were perplexing. Particularly that Tatola try at the 77 minute mark. Tatola grounds the ball short of the line then picks it up and puts down on the line. It was unquestionably a double movement yet the bunker allowed it.

Geez, Tom Burgess is ill disciplined. Goes on report early in the game then gets set off for a high shot.

You guys remember Sosaia Feki? I just watched him on TV, making his debut for Castleford v St Helens.

Bizarrely, it seems he's been injured for over two years!

Feki played on the wing in our 2016 Premiership.

Our win on Saturday was not too bad considering we had Katoa, Finnucane, Kennedy and Moylan out.

Our remaining games are against sides that are in the the bottom half of the competition so we should be able to cover the injuries. That said these are just the sort of games Cronulla manage to loose.

Kade Dykes looked pretty good in his debut.

Yeah, he did. One or two errors, but he can be pleased with his debut. Trindall stood up well.

I always liked Feki when he played for you. I had no idea what had happened to him until yesterday. He did well with what little ball he saw, but his team were well beaten by a well sub-par St Helens, wich doesn't bode well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back