Crooked Sussan Ley

Remove this Banner Ad

Is all this information available through the Freedom Of Information act ?

So it's possible to check what expenses each and every ministers has claimed?

Why haven't journalists been on this from the start? We could be double checking every tax payer funded trip and actually putting some heat on these politicians.

Or am I overestimating the powers that the FOI act has??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's similar to Electoral Donations in that it's all publicly available, but only updated periodically.

http://www.finance.gov.au/publications/parliamentarians-reporting/

Generally when the latest report comes out is when these stories surface - journos are generally onto it pretty quick.

Can we rename Parliment house to "Qantas house" in exchange that pollys get free airfares? both former governments have been fine in selling out our future so we might as well go the distance with it
I liked Robin Williams call. Politicians should havethe logos of companies who have "donated" to them on all their clothing, so we know who they are selling us out on behalf of.

It just keeps coming...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...tal-city-charter-flights-20170110-gtosl7.html

Ms Ley is a prodigious user of charter flights around her own electorate, racking up 120 charter flights at a cost of about $210,000 since 2014. She has previously justified these expenses on the basis she has a big electorate and it's the only way to efficiently serve her constituents.

Ms Ley's social media indicates she also flew herself on a charter plane from Canberra to Melbourne on September 2 last year so she could attend an AFL women's match in her capacity as Sports Minister.

I know of CEOs of multi billion dollar, international companies who do their jobs with very, very sparing use of charter planes - like maybe one a year in a real scheduling issue.

*in Sussan is just a fraud who got a taste of the high life and liked it.

Impromptu property purchase my arse
Sussan Ley secured finance “several months” before she bought a $795,000 apartment on a taxpayer-funded trip to the Gold Coast in what has been characterised as a spur-of-the-moment decision...

Sussan Ley secured finance “several months” before she bought a $795,000 apartment on a taxpayer-funded trip to the Gold Coast in what has been characterised as a spur-of-the-moment decision.

She maintained she had “not planned nor anticipated” buying the apartment during the trip, but on Sunday she issued a public apology, admitting she made an “error of judgment” in billing taxpayers for the trip.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...erty-finance-months-before-apartment-purchase

To get the right sort of people standing for Parliament we should double their wage, but dump this stupid rorted expenses system. Its embarrassing that the Gument have done nothing about this for years & years. Hoe stupid are our Pollies?????
Both ALP & LNP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Susan Ley granted $110K to Martin Corkerys' business, he then sells her a property at a loss. Is that bribe?

I don't believe the impromptu part either. However, you can get finance approved beforehand if you are looking to purchase property.
So she was clearly looking to purchase property prior to making the trip in which she purchased a property from a Lib donor who sold it to her at a loss months after getting a government contract from the Libs?

She shouldn't be anywhere near parliament house.

Steve Ciobo claims the public 'expect' politicians to attend sporting events in an official capacity. Putting aside the question of why they couldn't meet these businesses outside the confines of a sporting event, I don't think people 'expect' our politicians to regularly provide the kind of access to corporations that the average voter could only dream of. I know it's cliche to say politicians are out of touch, but good lord, these guys are self entitled campaigners.

The question should be asked who does the phone call?

''mate mate you wouldn't happen to have a ticket for me and the kids''

'' yeah ok Steve no probs, by the way I got a little matter I want you to fix''

''yeah done let my staff know so I can claim it hey and I'll kickback some ''

So she was clearly looking to purchase property prior to making the trip in which she purchased a property from a Lib donor who sold it to her at a loss months after getting a government contract from the Libs?

She shouldn't be anywhere near parliament house.
I am not sure if you are commenting or if this is a question. All the same though, I am not defending her. What she did is definitely wrong and I didn't know the bolded bit.

Oh wow stepping down from limelight and the extra 100k. We're still paying her 200k p/a for someone who used *our* money to pay for private planes so she could keep her pilot hours up. Visiting parties at the gold coast.and buying houses off liberal party donors. There's 2 sackable offenses in any other industry and one which you would be grilled for.

Don't kid yourself. Slap on the wrist and nothing has been delt with.

Oh wow stepping down from limelight and the extra 100k. We're still paying her 200k p/a for someone who used *our* money to pay for private planes so she could keep her pilot hours up. Visiting parties at the gold coast.and buying houses off liberal party donors. There's 2 sackable offenses in any other industry and one which you would be grilled for.

Don't kid yourself. Slap on the wrist and nothing has been delt with.
But the pirhanas have been fed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back