Discussion Cross Code Combination Competition (CCCC)

Remove this Banner Ad

pie_machine

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Another idea of a new competition, similar to the World Cup themed Kit of the Week XXII: the Cross Code Combination Competition (CCCC).

Each week a team would be named, which would then need to be combined with another team from any sport - rugby league, American football, soccer, netball, anything. However, as with KOTW23, there needs to be some sort of connection between the teams - mascot, name, colours, location, or something more creative.

This competition could run for 17 weeks (or 18 with GWS), and combines a number of popular ideas for competitors:

• Mergers (merging two teams, one from AFL and one other)
  • Crossovers (creating an AFL jumper using elements from a non-AFL team)
  • the short-lived Battle of the Codes
  • the idea of AGOTW v2.0 "with a twist" (each week a guernsey is designed for a specific AFL team, albeit combined with another associated team)
  • a KOTW week suggestion by GANTY, but extending it to more sports than NRL and Super Rugby and extending it to more than one week

Anyway, that's my idea.

Any questions, comments or criticisms? Would anyone be interested? It seems people want something else now that the footy season is over...

Here are a couple of jumpers I created shortly after my KOTW suggestion for a Melbourne Storm, Carlton, and Canterbury Bulldogs merger...The relation I hear you ask, they are all salary cap cheats.

HOME
stormdogsbluesmergeronrljersey2copy.png

Purple, blue and yellow are the Storm's colors, blue and white are Carlton's colours. The lightning bolts come from the Storm's jumper and the CCF monogram is Carlton's. the tapered vee is all Canterbury.

CLASH
stormdogsbluesmergeronrljerseyawaycopy.png

See above as to how this relates to each team in the merger.

I was also all for this. I was thinking of bringing BOTC back if no one else was to (I wonder what ever happened to LiverpoolRed?).

Lets make this happen :thumbsu:

Fantastic idea.
I'm a bit of an all-round sports nut (afl, league, cricket, american football, union), would love to see this happen, would almost definately participate :D:thumbsu:

Alright then...

Round 1 can be found here:

Cross Code Combination Competition
ROUND ONE

CARLTON BLUES
2006_AFL_Carlton2006.png

Combine Carlton with a team from another sport - rugby league, American football, soccer, netball, anything. However, there must be some sort of connection between the teams - mascot, name, colours, location, or something more creative.

Each entry must include at least one sports uniform - most likely an Australian Rules guernsey, but possibly a kit from the other sport chosen. Away jumpers, clash jumpers, preseason jumpers, special one-off promotional jumpers, and team logos can also be included.

Maximum five entries per person.

The competition is scheduled to conclude on the evening of Sunday 17 October, however entries can be submitted until the polls are created.

GANTY gets a slight head start, as the first team is Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back