Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Never got into it and never will. lol at Crossfitters who think they're hot s**t. Same goes for the dudes that do some pad work in boxercise and think they're world champions. Boxercise is for girls anyway.

lol'd at this thread too.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139627103

without even talking about it with others found out they shared the same views.

rant over.

will add the people that walk around with a t-shirt saying '' Crossfit '' look ******* ridiculous. It's like walkimg around with a shirt saying '' football ''

wow. You're a sick campaigner.

^ go have a cry crossfit boy:D

This is going to be a good thread to watch......

Lifters who hang s**t on crossfitters are just as bad as the actual crossfitters, if anything probably worse.

Tbh I’ve never seen Macpotata post anything that even suggests he has ever had a gym membership, let alone be considered a lifter.

I’m also not sure a plain Crossfit shirt exists.
All the ones I’ve ever seen are either custom/specific to the gym you train at (much like you’ll see guys with Doherty’s or World Gym shirts) or have an athlete name on them (no different to wearing AFL club apparel).

Lifters who hang s**t on crossfitters are just as bad as the actual crossfitters, if anything probably worse.
Perfect example above.
Why go to the effort of making the meme in the first place, or go to the effort of tracking it down to post. I actuality cannot remember seeing derogatory meme from a crossfitter aimed at a lifter. Are lifters that insecure?
At the end of the day it's like diets. Paleo, vegetarian, low carb, high carb whatever, it doesn't matter as long as you're making the effort. Its the same as crossfit, heavy lifting, calathenics, boxing, spin class or walking around a clothesline, it doesn't matter s long as you're halving a go and making an effort.

And a question for macpotata, what's wrong with boxing classes?

Crossfitters are as bad as vegans in that they’ve got to tell the whole world about it whilst having the attitude that it somehow makes them superior in some way to others who aren’t of that persuasion.

God knows why they’re like that but just like certain religions, they only bring criticism on themselves because of such elitist attitudes.

Got some examples to back that up?
Yep, personal experience from being a chef in a 5 Star international hotel.

It’s like how will you know if someone is vegan or does CrossFit?

Don’t worry they’ll ******* tell you. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not doing to bad at telling us all about it.
And what do you wanna hear exactly? That a waitress I worked with 3 nights a week for 6 months told me at the beginning of E V E R Y shift that she was vegan and hated the restaurant business and chefs in particular because we were the true animals for cooking meat?

Or multiple customers demanding I meet them at the table so I can be instructed how to create them customized dishes on the spot because “well we’re vegan” & there wasn’t their particular vegan preference on the menu?

How about 90% of the higher management discovering CrossFit one year and deciding they were special enough to demand personalized staff food because of their new “CrossFit” lifestyle and we in the kitchen weren’t ‘team players’ because we didn’t join in their organized weekend CrossFit events, though conveniently forgetting that kitchen staff aren’t employed 9-5 and always work Saturdays & Sundays.

Why don’t you instead show me how I’m wrong and provide your own experiences that refute some of my personal examples..? :)

And what do you wanna hear exactly? That a waitress I worked with 3 nights a week for 6 months told me at the beginning of E V E R Y shift that she was vegan and hated the restaurant business and chefs in particular because we were the true animals for cooking meat?

Or multiple customers demanding I meet them at the table so I can be instructed how to create them customized dishes on the spot because “well we’re vegan” & there wasn’t their particular vegan preference on the menu?

How about 90% of the higher management discovering CrossFit one year and deciding they were special enough to demand personalized staff food because of their new “CrossFit” lifestyle and we in the kitchen weren’t ‘team players’ because we didn’t join in their organized weekend CrossFit events, though conveniently forgetting that kitchen staff aren’t employed 9-5 and always work Saturdays & Sundays.

Why don’t you instead show me how I’m wrong and provide your own experiences that refute some of my personal examples..? :)
Funny business hospitality, and I reckon Australia it's even funnier. You have my empathy Chef, seen much like your experiences.

(by funny I mean ******* pain in the ass.. everyone from customer to supplier to owner to staff but especially... Customer.)

but especially... Customer.)
Yeah this. Gone are the days of customers coming in because they like the look of something on your menu, now they waltz in demanding you cook what they personally feel like that minute.

I mean requesting sushi made to order in an Italian restaurant, or shellfish allergies so severe that even your kitchen utensils/cutting boards can’t of touched the stuff yet wanting to risk their lives eating in a seafood restaurant because they know better than the chef?

Changing 3 items of a 6 component dish to personally suit them and then complaining the flavours didnt match so well and perhaps the chef needs more training!?

WTF, facepalm moments indeed and I blame shows like MasterChef for making everyone think they’re suddenly a 20 year pro because they can fire up the bbq or flip a burger. :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

I think somebody needs a career change, those bloody crossfitters and vegans are all the same.

#nosterotypes
Well it’s no good just yapping what you think out aloud Jase, share your examples with us. :)

Well it’s no good just yapping what you think out aloud Jase, share your examples with us. :)
Maybe I should have included a ;) in my post, I was being mildly facetious.

Although from experience- I worked for around 15 years in various large retail outlets dealing with 100s of customers everyday and I was at one stage of the belief that all of them were arseholes but I stepped back one day and analysed it and it turns out that I was just concentrating on the few bad experiences I was having and not the vast majority of the customers who were fine.

Six or seven years ago when crossfitt was just starting to hit cult status a large portion of them loved to constantly tell the world what they do (pretty much the same a paleo back then, I was doing the same) but now its so mainstream no one gives toss about it and that includes the majority of crossfitters.
So using a vegan example of "one" and a few managers some time ago as your reasoning the majority of crossfitters constantly brag or boast about what they do is pointless nowadays
To be honest I actually I have no idea why you're using vegans as an example because for them its mainly ethical and political not because of the food or health benefits. It's irrelevant to the conversation, and at the end of the day the OP is also irrelevant as it's about 4 or 5 years out of date. Time to get over it and move on.

Maybe I should have included a ;) in my post, I was being mildly facetious.

Although from experience- I worked for around 15 years in various large retail outlets dealing with 100s of customers everyday and I was at one stage of the belief that all of them were arseholes but I stepped back one day and analysed it and it turns out that I was just concentrating on the few bad experiences I was having and not the vast majority of the customers who were fine.
Well I’m going on pretty much every crossfitter I’ve met in one way or another.

All feel some itching need to tell everyone in earshot that they do CrossFit. Never get it from cyclists, gymnasts, equestrians or even triathletes.

It’s like those guys that go on & on about how they hold multiple dan black belt in some form of martial arts but won’t ever give you a demonstration yet will ‘assure’ you they can roundhouse kick 7 guys into a coma in one go.

You just know they’re full of s**t and/or trying to impress you with what they think is ‘impressive’...

Last edited:
To be honest I actually I have no idea why you're using vegans as an example because for them its mainly ethical and political not because of the food or health benefits. It's irrelevant to the conversation, and at the end of the day the OP is also irrelevant as it's about 4 or 5 years out of date. Time to get over it and move on.
TBH I actually think you didn’t read my post properly and are therefore ranting for no reason.

I used vegans as an example in the way that because just like CrossFitters they simply can’t wait to tell you, me and the whole ******* world what their choice is and how wonderfully elitist better they are for it.

I really didn’t think it was that hard to understand what I wrote..

TBH I actually think you didn’t read my post properly and are therefore ranting for no reason.

I used vegans as an example in the way that because just like CrossFitters they simply can’t wait to tell you, me and the whole ******* world what their choice is and how wonderfully elitist better they are for it.

I really didn’t think it was that hard to understand what I wrote..
The fact is crossfitters "do not" go on and on about is nowdays like they did in the past. It's time for you to move on from your old outdated views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back