Crossfit and boxercise

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is crossfitters "do not" go on and on about is nowdays like they did in the past. It's time for you to move on from your old outdated views.
Sorry to hit you with a truth hammer Baz, but I had a CrossFit colleague just last Christmas explaining to me where the sport originated not so long ago and how in just a few years it’s a worldwide phenomenon.
This guy went on every day how he was competing in this marathon and this gym circuit so he could head to the annual CrossFit games and was trying to organize a junket between the interested staff members to attend because it was sooo wonderful.

So instead of hitting me up for examples when you clearly don’t like the reality of my answers, how about you just accept them, get over it & scroll past the thread if it’s causing you such duress..?

Well I’m going on pretty much every crossfitter I’ve met in one way or another.

All feel some itching need to tell everyone in earshot that they do CrossFit. Never get it from cyclists, gymnasts, equestrians or even triathletes.

It’s like those guys that go on & on about how they hold multiple dan black belt in some form of martial arts but won’t ever give you a demonstration yet will ‘assure’ you they can roundhouse kick 7 guys into a coma in one go.

You just know they’re full of s**t and/or trying to impress you with what they think is ‘impressive’...

Over 400,000 people registered for the open alone, and at least double that would be doing Crossfit without competing.
I’m not sure your single figure sample size is worth anymore than the time it took you to type it.

I think it just comes down to people you are forced to interact with mainly through Work that can bias you towards your opinions. And really none of us deal with that many people to get a true sample size.

CrossFit does get a bad wrap but agree the last few years it has seemed to drop off due it to becoming more mainstream. Something like F45 has taken its place with a bit more of a cult status.

One of my best mates does CrossFit and barely hear a word from him about it unless I ask him. Similar I worked with a vegetarian who barely raised her opinions about it or questioned me eating 3-4 protein meals a day.

If someone wearing a CrossFit tshirt charges you up that much I think you need to have a look at how you control your emotions.

Well I’m going on pretty much every crossfitter I’ve met in one way or another.

All feel some itching need to tell everyone in earshot that they do CrossFit. Never get it from cyclists, gymnasts, equestrians or even triathletes.

It’s like those guys that go on & on about how they hold multiple dan black belt in some form of martial arts but won’t ever give you a demonstration yet will ‘assure’ you they can roundhouse kick 7 guys into a coma in one go.

You just know they’re full of s**t and/or trying to impress you with what they think is ‘impressive’...
If that is your experience I can't knock you for it but I find it hard to believe that a vast majority of crossfitters would be condescending blowhards.

This is the health and fitness board, not the "hangs hot on any exercise I disagree with board".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back