Gym & Misc CrossFit

Remove this Banner Ad

Did this workout today.

Screenshot_20220111-182232_SugarWOD.jpg

Finished in 33:24. I'm finding that running is the biggest thing I'm struggling with as I get older. Especially in the 10am Central Queensland sun. Took me just under 15 minutes to do the 2.4km. The rough breakdown of the workout was

Row: 11:15
Double Unders 1:35
Run:14:45
Double Unders: 2:15
Bike: 3:35

My booty burns!

Screenshot_20220119-203125_SugarWOD.jpg

Watch any of WODAPALOOZA Rask? Aussie boys got a podium in the end, looked like a hell of a lot of fun

I watched some of it. Patrick Vellner is amazing. 31 years old and still killing it. I loved the Bayside Chipper WOD. I hope they program that at our gym one day. It looks awesome.

215 reps. Awesome work out.

Did 22.2 this afternoon. Got to the end of the set of 9 on the way back down the ladder.

3rd in the Masters division of a mixed pairs comp in Bundaberg today.

nice little session this morning

i actually PB'd on push press unexpectedly which was nice. hopefully can do it again next week going for a 1RM

didnt go home and throw up after the metcon which is a relief. been running again on off days so hopefully back into it all now and can focus on getting consistent and making some progress

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Murph again on the weekend. Because of a sore shoulder I only did ring rows rather than pull ups though.

A friend of mine has made it to the CrossFit Games in the teams division. Stoked for her. She's worked so hard.

best trainer at my small gym has taken a different job. might end up doing my own thing and doing PT's with him a couple of times a week instead now

I changed boxes recently. A few months ago the owner of the one I was going to sacked the head coach in order to cut costs and took on the coaching himself. The head coach was a popular guy and good coach, whereas the owner is not in that great a shape. Quite a few people left and went to the rival box immediately. But since then there has been a steady stream of people changing over until there is hardly anyone left at the old one and my current one is full to the brim. I feel sorry for the owner of the old box. He's not a bad guy. In fact I'd say he's a really nice guy. But he made a terrible decision that's probably going to cost him his business.

yeah look they might get someone good in which would be great
theres only one CF gym in my town unfortunately. i used to go to the one the next town over - half hour drive each way though :( which is owned/run by the same people and was a great set up so thats always an option as well i guess
the one here is a lot smaller and tbh i dont know how its going business wise but the other trainer is super new and not that great yet

Was meant to do a qualifying comp for the mixed pairs division in The Masters Games this weekend. But unfortunately I was struck down with the dreaded virus this week and had to withdraw. Disappointing and hated letting my partner down. She was very good about it though.

Had my first workout today after 3 weeks off with covid. Surprisingly went OK.

6 weeks of eating and drinking too much overseas and now I'm scared to commit to a class
In gonna die haha
so, i assume due to the shitload of walking i did overseas, my endurance is actually OK. came back, went to classes & ran some 5k's and pulled up pretty good

anything lifting heavy i am stuffed lol lost so much strength its crazy. hopefully comes back quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back