Stengle just isn't worth the Buddy levels of off field baggage

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Maybe. I guess it was a pretty bad look last year when he shopped himself around and then when he got no interest to then state he wanted to stay.
Brouch, injury-prone, zero games in 2015 and 2018, super-hot when he's hot but now this; great example for 2019 Club Champion (26) to set to Stengle (21) and kids everywhere.
Toyota logo on front page of The Advertiser and not in a good way --- it doesn't matter what our position on drugs is, the fact is it's just not a good look. Is doing more damage than good.
If I was a list manager from another Club, I'd pass, just as they did before.

dplggr47

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Blowing 0.125 in an unregistered vehicle only 5 months ago was not a strong enough motivator for Stengle, then?
Nicks/the Club might give Stengle another chance, but he's behaved like an immature, entitled boy with too much money and too little common sense.
It'll be interesting to see what happens from here. If he turns himself around it'll a great story, an inspiration.
I hope so, but I can't see it.
He really turned it around and made significant improvement this year. If he hadn't, I'd be calling for his dismissal after this indiscretion, but there's only so many chances you can give someone. It's disappointing that since Betts has left, he's had these two strikes. He needs some role models in his life to set him straight. One more strike and he'll definitely be gone.

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
And that is your problem. You think a drug user is a junkie.

Your world is a foot under West Beach.

My problem is goons like you making its sound like its ok to take drugs. I really don't care if its recreational, part time or junkies......there is no good news story.

I assume the good parent that you are you will tell your kids its OK to take drugs in any way they like...right?? Because under your argument there is no chance in them turning into junkies by first taking drugs on a recreational basis right??.......there should be more parents like you preaching to kids life destroying habits.

I'll take my world over yours anytime of the day.

My problem is goons like you making its sound like its ok to take drugs. I really don't care if its recreational, part time or junkies......there is no good news story.

I assume the good parent that you are you will tell your kids its OK to take drugs in any way they like...right?? Because under your argument there is no chance in them turning into junkies by first taking drugs on a recreational basis right??.......there should be more parents like you preaching to kids life destroying habits.

Way to miss the point idiot. Where the * did I say there was no chance they would turn into Junkies? If you stand by your theory then you don’t drink and won’t let your kids drink because they might turn into alcoholics. You also don’t take, or let your kids take, prescription medicine because they might become dependent on that.

I teach my kids to be careful, to look after themselves and their friends. I teach them consequences for their actions, and although I guide them I let them choose their own path.

You should just try and open you eyes for a split second. Your naivety about what goes on in society is rather astounding. Just because you turn a blind eye to it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Way to miss the point idiot. Where the fu** did I say there was no chance they would turn into Junkies? If you stand by your theory then you don’t drink and won’t let your kids drink because they might turn into alcoholics. You also don’t take, or let your kids take, prescription medicine because they might become dependent on that.

I teach my kids to be careful, to look after themselves and their friends. I teach them consequences for their actions, and although I guide them I let them choose their own path.

You should just try and open you eyes for a split second. Your naivety about what goes on in society is rather astounding. Just because you turn a blind eye to it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

You said drug users can lead normal lives, will you expicitly communicate that to your children......its a yes or no pumpkin.

You said it, back up your stupid generalisation or STFU rathan than weasle your way around the statement you made with further noise.

dani_giuls

All Australian
Apr 17, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Watts has overtaken Crouch and Stengle as the AFL disgusting story of the day on the ABC website tonight!

If we leaked it, it's doing the job. ;)

And yet, I have not seen a thing on social media, when the news broke about Crouch and Stengle (which was made known to me through a friend) it took all of a few minutes before there were multiple posts (including the statement from the AFC) on social media. Yet to read anything on social media about this and only know about because of these posts 🤷‍♀️

*i rarely go on twitter

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
M
I agree. Hitting some form shouldn't excuse him from this. The kind of bloke who learns nothing from making a mistake like he did earlier in the year when that could have easily cost him his career as an AFL player, is clearly the kind of bloke who does not understand consequences and is happy to repeat poor behavior as long as he doesn't get caught.
I think it’s not an issue. End of story.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
He really turned it around and made significant improvement this year. If he hadn't, I'd be calling for his dismissal after this indiscretion, but there's only so many chances you can give someone.
He played better footy in the last 4-5 rounds than at the start of the year --- but that was along with several others. You make it sound like he turned his life/attitude around but the DUI of 0.125 in an unregistered car was in April. The latest was Monday, a tick over 5 months later.
I don't know if the Club or the AFL will act (eg fine/suspension), but if it was my call within the Club I'd insist Stengle do some kind of rehab, or serious, well-credentialled Counselling, then bust his gut over the pre-season to new levels of fitness for him before being considered for selection, 'potential' or not.
He got his second chance after the DUI. If the Club keeps him, it'll be chance #3 . How many chances are "only so many"?
See also (my emphasis):
I agree. Hitting some form shouldn't excuse him from this. The kind of bloke who learns nothing from making a mistake like he did earlier in the year when that could have easily cost him his career as an AFL player, is clearly the kind of bloke who does not understand consequences and is happy to repeat poor behavior as long as he doesn't get caught.

Last edited:

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
You said drug users can lead normal lives, will you expicitly communicate that to your children......its a yes or no pumpkin.

You said it, back up your stupid generalisation or STFU rathan than weasle your way around the statement you made with further noise.
Absolutely, I tell them that. I also tell them it can * them up. I tell them the same about alcohol.

now, do/will you let your kids drink? Yes or no?

I know drug users love normal lives, it’s fact. I’ve already stated this to you. Just because you are too dumb to understand doesn’t make it false.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers

Self righteous, ill informed idiot.

Before you go shaking your fist at recreational drug users, go and spend a minute digesting the stats on the physical, mental and economic cost of dependence on and abuse of legal substances, compared to so called "illicit" substances.

Alcohol, tobacco and... wait for it ... LEGAL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION cost society far more than all illicit drugs combined, including heroin and ice.

Do your research and kindly shut the * up.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers

Of course they can you ignorant fool. Just like wine drinkers and smokers.

Back