News Crouch & Stengle Caught with Illicit Substance

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because the other party wasnt arrested at the time doesnt mean they are not following that up now they have footage of the dealer. They also now have evidence it was actually drugs.

I was only responding to the original post that made it seem like Police only care about the users and not dealers.
Just trying to be logical here. If they had enough suspicion to pull over the players, then you would think they had enough to stop the dealer on the night.

Dealers are also immediately arrested as opposed to the diversion strategy they have for users. This means the dealers area much here priority in these situations.

I think it is fair to ask the question about wtf actually happened based on what has transpired.

They had the same info/video but only chose to follow up the players? That doesn’t compute no matter which way you cut it.

My gut feel is there was no suspicious cctv footage and there was no dealer and the players were searched for other reasons.

Just trying to be logical here. If they had enough suspicion to pull over the players, then you would think they had enough to stop the dealer on the night.

Dealers are also immediately arrested as opposed to the diversion strategy they have for users. This means the dealers area much here priority in these situations.

I think it is fair to ask the question about wtf actually happened based on what has transpired.

They had the same info/video but only chose to follow up the players? That doesn’t compute no matter which way you cut it.

My gut feel is there was no suspicious cctv footage and there was no dealer and the players were searched for other reasons.

Hmmm, interesting.

I too thought "what about the dealer" if they had it all on CCTV.

So is this going down the racism path, SAPOL targeting individuals based not on what they are doing but by what they look like and where they are from?

I know Brad is from Victoria but it still seems a bit of a stretch.

Hmmm, interesting.

I too thought "what about the dealer" if they had it all on CCTV.

So is this going down the racism path, SAPOL targeting individuals based not on what they are doing but by what they look like and where they are from?

I know Brad is from Victoria but it still seems a bit of a stretch.
Not suggesting racism.

I definitely think SAPOL would unquestionably be more interested in the dealer if there actually caught the deal going down on cctv.

That's why I don't think that's what happened.

I think you have maybe some officers who recognised the players and were over zealous?

Not suggesting racism.

I definitely think SAPOL would unquestionably be more interested in the dealer if there actually caught the deal going down on cctv.

I think you have maybe some officers who recognised the players and were over zealous?
Or by the time they mobilised, the dealer had left?

Interesting no mention of Stengle? Could it imply Stengle was the instigator...and Brad should have known better?

I'd say it's because Stengle isn't trying to get a club to offer him a $700k+ contract.

How do you know the dealer wasnt dealt with? Spoiler - You dont.
There been no reported arrest for Trafficking in the metro since Sept 14th
Western Suburbs was 30th but that was from a traffic stop in Royal Park Prior to that it was Sept 17th in the bay,
SAPOL announce arrests, on their web page,

Well no one knows for sure, but the advertiser asked SAPOL if any further arrests were made that night in regards to this incident and they confirmed that no, no one else was charged or implicated that night.
So I think it’s a pretty good assumption.

OR, the dealer was an undercover cop in a sting. ;)

Not suggesting racism.

They would know who the dealer is but feel they can get more from letting him go, it means they can trace the supply chain. They might still catch up with him in coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting no mention of Stengle? Could it imply Stengle was the instigator...and Brad should have known better?
Stengle could have just copied and pasted his statement from last time

Not suggesting racism.

What if Police had limited available resourses in that immediate area? Either stop the buyers and confirm suspicions/gather evidence (follow up on dealer later) or stop the dealer and he has nothing on him but a couple of $50 notes and nothing further to say.

I just think its convenient to say Police recognised the Crows players and targeted them, disregarding the bigger picture.

What if Police had limited available resourses in that immediate area? Either stop the buyers and confirm suspicions/gather evidence (follow up on dealer later) or stop the dealer and he has nothing on him but a couple of $50 notes and nothing further to say.

I just think its convenient to say Police recognised the Crows players and targeted them, disregarding the bigger picture.
This is possible but I think unlikely.

You'll notice that SAPOL are back peddling from the story now that the advertiser are asking these questions. Perhaps they also read these forums.

I bet you won't see anymore triumphant press conferences about cctv.

This suggests to me that there were other reasons, perhaps they weren't recognised? But I don't think there's any footage of any drug deal going down. That didn't happen.

Bickley is being a twat by pushing publically for crouch to be traded, without an ounce of empathy.

That is all.

just saw a youtube vid pop up in my recommendation titled 'Robbo does not hold back after Crows [sic] alleged drug bust: AFL360'

did not watch it but all I could do was think 'mate, you legitimately rock up to work drunk - you are the last person who should have a go at anyone about substance issues'

Doubt it. The apology is his and defending his reputation. Up to Tyson to respond how he sees fit. No point in either player mentioning the other

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

News is pretty disappointing, but I'm not to sure if it's worth much more than a public apology. I'm also not sure if the public is understanding that there are different types of illicit substances:
1. Steroid enhancing - in sporting-term = drug cheating
2. Recreational use = poor life choice.

If it's a one-off, offseason recreational use and they were busted, then to me, it seems just as bad as speeding or driving through a red light. All of which are bad life choices and are all illegal. For what it's worth, I've ran through some red lights, and have sped on more than one occasion, so I'm not going to go tooty fruity over this story.

Last edited:
i Have been completely honest with my kid from the get go. I’ve told him the good, the bad and the ugly, and every question he’s ever asked, and there’s been many, I’ve told the truth. Apparently that’s been enough to put him off for life. 🤣
My parents knew very little. You should have seen my mums face when in my 30’s I told her about my constant wagging of school in year 11 and 12. No idea. 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back