News Crouch & Stengle Caught with Illicit Substance

Remove this Banner Ad

4 week is normally Strike 2 offence, Unless the AFL using bring the Game into disrepute

Yea AFL used "The players have committed a breach of AFL Rule 2.3(a); A Person must not engage in conduct which is unbecoming or likely to prejudice the interests or reputation of the AFL or to bring the game of football into disrepute.
Yep, conduct unbecoming in the military is a nice catch-all for courts martial. Same here.

The club made the AFL give the sanction because they knew Crouch is gone.. If the club gave the sanction he wouldn’t have to serve it..
Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd assume they made the AFL give the sanction because whatever the decision, people are going to criticise it and better for the club that the AFL gets criticised rather than the club.

That doesn't really make much sense, why would the club care if he's leaving anyway?

Crouch made Chapman and our board look bad with liking drugs. He needs to be flayed alive for that one.

I'd assume they made the AFL give the sanction because whatever the decision, people are going to criticise it and better for the club that the AFL gets criticised rather than the club.
No The AFL they did the same to Jake Carlise. and the difference was Stengle and that was due to his late reporting of his DUI

AFL wise, that is a utterly ridiculous suspension, seeing neither even copped a fine for it. Though, I'm glad Adelaide isn't tacking anything else on to it, we are a very self-harming club.

The club made the AFL give the sanction because they knew Crouch is gone.. If the club gave the sanction he wouldn’t have to serve it..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
More to with the involvement of the Po Po.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's time for the AFL to come up with documented penalties for off field incidents that tarnish the brand & apply them consistently.

Drink/Drug driving. Caught with drugs. Violence against others. Etc.

I really have no understanding why this is an AFL matter.... It's a club matter.
Because there's no real grounds for the club to suspend them.

They let the AFL deal with it, so all those directing anger toward the club would want to take that into account.

Stengle deserves 4 weeks for being stupid enough to get caught alone. Brad...... Not sure.

Had nothing to do with the club, but that doesn't suit your narrative

They handed it to AFL, which is not the norm. Wanted Brad's penalty to stick. Until a day ago we were working on the penalty, someone writes an article how Brad's penalty won't follow him, so we allow the AFL to step in to make sure that happened. These are club penalties handled via AFL. How else does Stengle get 4. The gymnastics in trying to qualify that is hilarious.

They handed it to AFL, which is not the norm. Wanted Brad's penalty to stick. Until a day ago we were working on the penalty, someone writes an article how Brad's penalty won't follow him, so we allow the AFL to step in to make sure that happened. These are club penalties handled via AFL. How else does Stengle get 4. The gymnastics in trying to qualify that is hilarious.
Stengle gets 4 for being stupid twice in 5 months, it's not hard to follow. He copped 4 for a worse offence and followed it up with showing he didn't learn.

The AFL suspend Crouch because they chose to on whatever rule they decide to.

The issue I have with Brad's punishment is if he gets 2 weeks on a first strike, why have a first strike ??

Considering DeGoey was arrested and charged with indecent assault in July, and neither the club (pies) nor the AFL undertook any suspension, the charge of conduct unbecoming is AFL hypocrisy of the highest degree.

Of course the AFL know it couldn‘t suspend the Crows under the drugs policy. In fact if the drug use was picked up in testing only the club doctors would know, and a penalty couldn’t be considered until the 3rd strike.

when you look at it in this context you know its a stitch up

Of course the AFL know it couldn‘t suspend the Crows under the drugs policy. In fact if the drug use was picked up in testing only the club doctors would know, and a penalty couldn’t be considered until the 3rd strike.

Haha 😂. When you put it like this I 100% disagree with this or any punishment (even though they are both dickheads and we are better off without them).

But I mean they are not getting suspended for taking drugs (or attempting). They are getting suspended for embarrassing the AFL. That’s bullshit. * the AFL, they are an embarrassment in every way. Full stop. Basically, their culture is do what ever you want, but don’t get caught. Yeah, that kind of thinking never ended badly 🤦‍♂️.

Considering DeGoey was arrested and charged with indecent assault in July, and neither the club (pies) nor the AFL undertook any suspension, the charge of conduct unbecoming is AFL hypocrisy of the highest degree.

when you look at it in this context you know its a stitch up
What was Gil’s excuse for DeGoey? Some comparisons to NRL player or something. Like wtaf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back