crow chat for Port Board posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can't see why we can't be for the last game in September next year!

We were one of the last teams to beat geelong as well. We will see how your boys go against them this weekend.

Yes but you were completely outclassed in the important game.

I am not expecting us to win this week, they have only dropped one game all year, but we should at least have a decent crack at them.

You were fairly ordinary last season yet you made a Grand Final.
No it wasn't.
This year you lot have scored 100 points or more in game 8 times. Last year (not including finals) we did it 13 times.
This year with 13 wins you have scored 2017 points.
This year we have won only 7 games (6 less than you lot) yet still scored 100 points more than you lot.
We have also scored 100 or more points 9 times, once more than you lot.

Scoring goals is harder than limiting your opponent and in 9 out of 10 cases it is the main reason teams win premierships.
Over the last couple of years, you lot have rightly focussed on limiting your opponent. ;)

No it wasn't.
This year you lot have scored 100 points or more in game 8 times. Last year (not including finals) we did it 13 times.
This year with 13 wins you have scored 2017 points.
This year we have won only 7 games (6 less than you lot) yet still scored 100 points more than you lot.
We have also scored 100 or more points 9 times, once more than you lot.

Scoring goals is harder than limiting your opponent and in 9 out of 10 cases it is the main reason teams win premierships.
Over the last couple of years, you lot have rightly focussed on limiting your opponent. ;)
I agree with your last comment.

You guys have a very good forward line, probably only second to Hawthorn. Tredders/Ebert/Motlop/Hoff thus you are a more attacking side.

Our strength is our backline. And thus we are yet to make the GF. I aree that to win finals you need a dominate forward (or two) to get those easy goals. Every goal we get is hard work. This year however we have seen a genisis of a decent forward line.

Heck if we had a Motlop or an Ebert, instead of a second (would third be too harsh) rate Welsh in 05/06 we would of put up more of a fight against the Weagles and certainly would of beaten the Swans in the Grand Finals. Both of those clubs not having dominate forwards either.

Or forward line problems are the most frustrating thing about our club.

Sort out your players mental problems and you can beat anyone and will make the 8 next year. Last two weeks have shown that with no expectations Port can tear teams apart. Beating us also showed Port are good enough (when mentally equipped) to beat a top four side.

I agree with your last comment.

You guys have a very good forward line, probably only second to Hawthorn. Tredders/Ebert/Motlop/Hoff thus you are a more attacking side.

Our strength is our backline. And thus we are yet to make the GF. I aree that to win finals you need a dominate forward (or two) to get those easy goals. Every goal we get is hard work. This year however we have seen a genisis of a decent forward line.

Heck if we had a Motlop or an Ebert, instead of a second (would third be too harsh) rate Welsh in 05/06 we would of put up more of a fight against the Weagles and certainly would of beaten the Swans in the Grand Finals. Both of those clubs not having dominate forwards either.

Or forward line problems are the most frustrating thing about our club.
It all comes down to the with the way our respective coaches utilise their midfields.
Our Achilles heel is our midfield, we have been playing a style (and selecting players accordingly) where if something goes wrong we get slaughtered. It makes the players look very unaccountable and puts tremendous pressure on our defence. We slowly but surely went that way last year culminating in the GF loss. This year was a continuation of that style for a long long time with similar results (defensively) as in the GF.

Our midfield, apart from those on tagging duties like Dom and Kane, has been there to attack first and foremost with defending an optional extra.

In your case your midfield is the reverse, defend first and foremost, and once that is done then attack.

That makes our defence look worse than it really is and your defence better than it is.

I agree.

Port 01-04 were more defensive orientated and thus you won a flag. Since then it has been all out attack and got smashed in a GF. Teams with a defensive mindset, with ability to score goals, win flags. Essendon Brisbane, Port (04), Sydney, WCE. This is not us yet.

Geelong do both well.

I agree.

Port 01-04 were more defensive orientated and thus you won a flag. Since then it has been all out attack and got smashed in a GF. Teams with a defensive mindset, with ability to score goals, win flags. Essendon Brisbane, Port (04), Sydney, WCE. This is not us yet.

Geelong do both well.
Having said that, this year I am still of the opinion that if teams do not bring their best game to the plate you lot can take them. Geelong though is in another league as their worst still appears to be better than your best.

Re: crow chat

SAINTS GOT 4TH SPOT!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::D:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

WOHOHOOOHOOOHOOO!

The Crows have won only 3 games against top 8 sides this year, so in reality, they would have been ridiculously lucky to get 4th on that basis.

One of the wierdest rounds ever likely to see. Freo thrash Collingwood, cost themselves pick 3 and Collingwood a top 4 spot. Port thrash Kangaroos, on one of their best players 300th game, Port have a ton of players out, cost ourselves pick 3 and North (what looked like a given) top 4 spot. Crows beat the Dogs thanks to a non-goal and somehow find themselves in 4th spot. St Kilda, in the space of two weeks go from almost missing out on the eight to needing a ridiculously big win to steal the double chance and somehow achieve that.

All the things you usually say 'well if x, y and z happens, then we can still make it' not thinking that it will happen, actually all happened.

One for the history books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and plane tickets :)

KG will be inconsolable. Rowe is probably writhing on the floor speaking in tongues ... and making sense!!!

And Ditts would be...ummm...ummm...p****** himself laughing :thumbsu:

I've never bought all this Ditts the Swampie talk. He loves the crows too. He'd be shattered, just not as much as the others.

If Geelong dont win the flag I feel the Earth will cave in.

If they dont win the flag id be sending down a ton of palletts of tissues cos they will surely need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.