Podcast Weekend Wrap Round 2 v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
So, we experimented with live video casts during the off season but, just like most of the AFL's pre season experiments, it turned out to be a bad idea.

So from Tuesday night, we will be reverting back to our previous audio only platform on Spreaker. For those of you who have joined us this year, we use Spreaker for live audio podcasts, where people can listen in and chat along. The url for our live casts is:

www.spreaker.com/user/aflcrowcast

Spreaker also has an awesome app you can download to your Android or iPhone, which allows you to listen and chat live or on demand from your phone. Great for streaming the cast to your car stereo for listening in in those long drives to work. You can download the app from the Spreaker site or just search for it in the app/play store. Open the app, search CrowCast, and you'll find our shows. Add them as favourites and you'll be automatically updated each show.

You will also be able to listen live from our web site and there will be chat function there to participate via our discord channel if you wish.

In other news, we have had to bid a sad farewell to our co-producer Scorpus, who has pressing work commitments and is unable to carry on this year. This means that we are putting our Wednesday and Thursday night shows into indefinite hiatus. We understand our Thursday night show had a dedicated following, but Feenix is unable to commit to the extra shows and we have noone else able to produce. If you happen to be someone who has the skills and desire to become a co-producer, and can commit to regular Thursday night shows, we'd be happy to hear from you. We apologise to those who enjoyed our Thursday night show and we hope you'll continue to listen in on Sunday and Tuesday nights.

So, we continue on with our live and interactive Tuesday night Live show at 8.30pm central, and our Sunday wrap show 7pm central Sundays commencing the sunday of round 1.

On demand versions of our casts will remain available on Spreaker, our own website, iTunes, all podcatching services, tune in radio, Facebook and YouTube... so there will be plenty of ways to get your CrowCast fix every week, either live or on demand.

Thanks for your ongoing support, sorry for the bumpy start this season, but look forward to getting back on track this Tuesday night ready for the 2018 season and Crows glory!

The CrowCast team
Great stuff Feenix was worried it was going to be a season off, look forward to listening Tuesday night.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
So what was the problem with Facebook live causing all the issues?
Just not a good enough service yet?
Or were the problems more on your end with poor internet connection?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
So what was the problem with Facebook live causing all the issues?
Just not a good enough service yet?
Or were the problems more on your end with poor internet connection?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
Lol I'm on avg 95 mpbs/25 mbps..

No I seemed to have continual crashes largely because of all the routing I was doing with audio/video. I've upgraded my system but frankly I'm not keen to continue to push it as the season starts. We may do a few video specials during the season and ultimately it's the format I'd like to pursue, but at the end of the day we want to produce something consistent of decent quality and have fun doing it. None of those objectives were being met. We will revisit it down the track :)

Can't we just get AmericanCrow to take over Thursday nights? What are your production skills like mate?

I can produce a hot mess as good as anyone I reckon'

Get us someone that understands how to do the technical things and we will run a show never before heard in South Australia. Mostly because no one will understand a damn thing I say. :)

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Lol I'm on avg 95 mpbs/25 mbps..

No I seemed to have continual crashes largely because of all the routing I was doing with audio/video. I've upgraded my system but frankly I'm not keen to continue to push it as the season starts. We may do a few video specials during the season and ultimately it's the format I'd like to pursue, but at the end of the day we want to produce something consistent of decent quality and have fun doing it. None of those objectives were being met. We will revisit it down the track :)

Okay, hopefully next year you can have it up and running better. Spreaker to me is just as good either way.

Good luck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Feen - love that you're back on Spreaker. Easier app, easier interface, easier chat platform.

Btw - anywhere to find the Fages chat transcript? Not sure if it's been posted.
Yeah, it's like a comfy old chair haha... we might still try a bit of video but Spreaker will be the main thing for now.

Haven't got the transcript approved yet, hopefully this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back