Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Nothing was missed.

We put being a good club and winning premierships on the backburner. They weren't priorities then.

Are they now? Have we changed our tune?

Or are there just other new off-field activities that are priorities now? Eg alternative revenue streams.

No we still had winning as a #1 ,
I am pretty sure that Roo coming in sacking Sanderson before his contract expired and appointing Walsh was Not putting premierships on the back burner. s**t we played in a Grand Final last year
What the off-field stuff does is gives the club a different income revenue to ensure we have a chance in 5,10,15,20 years time. while still pushing today, What it does not do ensures we can keep the best players on the field, Even with having some of the best facility in the comp. But that's another issue that needs to be dealt with before 2019 season starts.

Remember around that time the club started to restructure, Made easy thru becoming out own club, leading up to what happened a few weeks ago
The forming a separate entity to look after the new off-field activity. But that has been discussed in another post,

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You keep talking about how you've done something, spoken to people, asked questions.

Well look - nothing has changed. The same idiots in charge have just lurched into a new series of club-harming activities. And are dishing out the same old tired explanations.

And the same people lap it up just as before.

We can't do anything. No one is going to quit their job to try to run a campaign to be a board member and fix things from the inside.

Yes, and I will keep on talking to the club when I am not happy, I will keep pushing for the Club to be the best,
I am not going to sit back and give up when I hit the first wall.
We have a Vote, that equals 2 people on the board, use that vote. When enough supporter contact the Club they will be forced act, Sponsors will see the disharmony and ask questions. You as a mod need to keep some of these posts going. Guys like feenix67, with his podcast, need to keep going and keep asking the tough questions.
But we must also realize ad hominem attacks do not work.

I guess I just old school and would rather go down swinging rather than sit back and complain about how hard it is.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, and I will keep on talking to the club when I am not happy, I will keep pushing for the Club to be the best,
I am not going to sit back and give up when I hit the first wall.
We have a Vote, that equals 2 people on the board, use that vote. When enough supporter contact the Club they will be forced act, Sponsors will see the disharmony and ask questions. You as a mod need to keep some of these posts going. Guys like feenix67, with his podcast, need to keep going and keep asking the tough questions.
But we must also realize ad hominem attacks do not work.

I guess I just old school and would rather go down swinging rather than sit back and complain about how hard it is.

Except the club won't act, they never do.

Everything you say with such pride you've tried has done nothing.

The only way we got rid of Trigg was Carlton poaching him.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
The major projects stuff with Trigg perfectly summarises the club.

Adelaide Oval move, reserves team, the license. Three big projects that meant losing Trigg was unthinkable.

They forgot a couple of other major projects:
1) Being a good football club
2) Winning premierships

Those are ongoing and always take precedence over ANYTHING else that is happening. Trigg made us a cheating football club - the single worst thing he could have done. And brought us penalties that prevented us from winning premierships.

It doesn't get any worse. Yet he survived.

And the club believes they did the right thing because some off-field stuff got sorted.

Our priorities say plenty. We are not driven towards success.
What we have always lacked, and still do, is a solid GM Footy Ops. I don't mind a CEO being in charge of the bigger picture. The GM's at the club should be able to carry their departments without micro-oversight from the boss. To my mind, we diversify the role of CEO too heavily and as a result, when so many of that position's KPIs relate to bottom line commercial outcomes, that person is naturally going to ensure that part of the house is in order.

Commercially, being consistently competitive is enough. Hell, being "around the mark" is akin to bait advertising - we're not far off, keep supporting, keep buying memberships, because next season... o_O

The GM Footy Ops should have one clear purpose. To facilitate the best chance of winning premierships. But in order to give that position the level of autonomy it requires, we need to make quality appointments. This is where we have lacked for so long. You need an experienced football person with commercial acumen and a clear direction. Not a fitness guy...

What we have always lacked, and still do, is a solid GM Footy Ops. I don't mind a CEO being in charge of the bigger picture. The GM's at the club should be able to carry their departments without micro-oversight from the boss. To my mind, we diversify the role of CEO too heavily and as a result, when so many of that position's KPIs relate to bottom line commercial outcomes, that person is naturally going to ensure that part of the house is in order.

Commercially, being consistently competitive is enough. Hell, being "around the mark" is akin to bait advertising - we're not far off, keep supporting, keep buying memberships, because next season... o_O

The GM Footy Ops should have one clear purpose. To facilitate the best chance of winning premierships. But in order to give that position the level of autonomy it requires, we need to make quality appointments. This is where we have lacked for so long. You need an experienced football person with commercial acumen and a clear direction. Not a fitness guy...
In theory, this reads more like Smart on paper.

Pity though Smart is so poor operationally, so with him & Burton in key management roles, we are very vulnerable at AFC. For all of the s**t Noble copped, he was good in this area... just should have left trade negotiations up to others.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
At the time what did you do, Did you actually pay any attention to what Chapman was doing and saying did you get off your arse and contact the Club expressing your displeasure.
Did you bother to find out what the story was?
But more importantly, did you look at what else the Club was doing at that time. and more importantly who was running the Club hands on. the same person who had the best view on what was needed in the next couple of years.
Go back and look at all the Changes the Club faced in the years after and what they did to lessen the impact.
And Trigg was always leaving the Club in 2014 and it was not his decision. I can tell you if the Tippett issue had not arisen he would be in AFL house today.

What did I do ?

I knew Trigg was a dud long before the Tippett scandal and made no secret about it on here and on the radio.

Initially I was looked upon as being part of a lunatic fringe, but over time people started to open their eyes and once the Tippett saga happened everyone else then realised that he was a poor CEO.

Trigg only ever had the qualities of an interim CEO. He was a guy that could come in, sit in the chair and keep things moving in the same direction for a year or two while you were looking for a suitable long term option.

The problem was that instead of moving him backwards or getting rid of him after a couple of years we left him in the job for about 10 years too long.

While other clubs forged ahead building their clubs into massive conglomerates, Trigg sat there on his hands and watched the club's financial position go backwards until we went from being a club that financially was the envy of the league to a middle of the road club.

As for going to the club? What was the point, they were only answerable to the SANFL and they are the biggest boys club known to man, even worse than we are. "Triggy is the best CEO in the AFL", they couldn't have given two rats about what the supporters thought.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
No we still had winning as a #1 ,
I am pretty sure that Roo coming in sacking Sanderson before his contract expired and appointing Walsh was Not putting premierships on the back burner. s**t we played in a Grand Final last year
What the off-field stuff does is gives the club a different income revenue to ensure we have a chance in 5,10,15,20 years time. while still pushing today, What it does not do ensures we can keep the best players on the field, Even with having some of the best facility in the comp. But that's another issue that needs to be dealt with before 2019 season starts.

Remember around that time the club started to restructure, Made easy thru becoming out own club, leading up to what happened a few weeks ago
The forming a separate entity to look after the new off-field activity. But that has been discussed in another post,

The more I hear about Sanderson's sacking the more and more I doubt that it was entirely about the team's on-field performance.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Trigg only ever had the qualities of an interim CEO. He was a guy that could come in, sit in the chair and keep things moving in the same direction for a year or two while you were looking for a suitable long term option.

The problem was that instead of moving him backwards or getting rid of him after a couple of years we left him in the job for about 10 years too long.

While other clubs forged ahead building their clubs into massive conglomerates, Trigg sat there on his hands and watched the club's financial position go backwards until we went from being a club that financially was the envy of the league to a middle of the road club.

As for going to the club? What was the point, they were only answerable to the SANFL and they are the biggest boys club known to man, even worse than we are. "Triggy is the best CEO in the AFL", they couldn't have given two rats about what the supporters thought.
AFC 101

Coaches getting Long Service leave FML

May 7, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
So I told the missus about Collective minds. I have been mentioning it in the past but not going into detail. She was asking questions so I pulled up this thread to look at what I had documented. Guess what? Amon Woulfe's instagram account is now private. All the photos I posted from there are all now blank in this thread.
Linked in profiles for the two? Not visible anymore.

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
So I told the missus about Collective minds. I have been mentioning it in the past but not going into detail. She was asking questions so I pulled up this thread to look at what I had documented. Guess what? Amon Woulfe's instagram account is now private. All the photos I posted from there are all now blank in this thread.

I think they read this thread and shat their pants. Mentally weak as piss.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Good thing I took screenshots of their LinkedIn profiles hey ;) I was pretty sure once the s**t hit the fan they'd go dark. You watch, that podcast interview will be taken down as well soon.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I've often wondered why his online CV and his LinkedIn dont match

Screen Shot 06-17-18 at 07.58 AM.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hugh Jass

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2007
Funky town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tried listening to Mr Woulfe's podcast, lasted 15 minutes. He said that in 2008, his hiphop group were breaking through at the same time as the Hilltop Hoods. Mate I'm pretty sure they made it years earlier. Dribbling absolute s**t.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tried listening to Mr Woulfe's podcast, lasted 15 minutes. He said that in 2008, his hiphop group were breaking through at the same time as the Hilltop Hoods. Mate I'm pretty sure they made it years earlier. Dribbling absolute s**t.
I mean, you listen to it and think hell, there's a guy I reckon could teach me a thing or two about mind strengthening. Maybe would be a good thing for a footy club...

I mean, come on...

Last edited:

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

I noticed on his Linkedin profile one of his main credentials was the "boy to man journey" workshops. If you google that, it is run by a company called powerhouse programs, there is no mention of him on their website. They have an about us page showing the directors and key staff.
Maybe he was a facilitator for a few workshops?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The hardest thing in the world to do is admit you got conned. Everybody thinks they are smart enough to spot a con, everybody laughs at the people that pop up on A Current Affair and sfellow ' wont happen to me'

It did, it happened to the Adelaide Football Club and that is why there wont be a noisy sacking, thats why there wont be accountabilty. Because to do so is to admit people got conned by a snake oil salesman. Thats the strength of Collective Minds. Nobody wants to be the organisation that says they employ stupid people.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I noticed on his Linkedin profile one of his main credentials was the "boy to man journey" workshops. If you google that, it is run by a company called powerhouse programs, there is no mention of him on their website. They have an about us page showing the directors and key staff.
Maybe he was a facilitator for a few workshops?
He's a volunteer facilitator there. They (and CM) are loosely tied to the Mankind Project. Go and throw your Google glasses on that one, your mind will be blown.

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
He's a volunteer facilitator there. They (and CM) are loosely tied to the Mankind Project. Go and throw your Google glasses on that one, your mind will be blown.

I'll have a look.
I saw his Gateway Retreat website yesterday, wow that was an eye opener, that Labyrinth page though, what a crock of you know what.
Who is responsible for hiring this bloke?

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I'll have a look.
I saw his Gateway Retreat website yesterday, wow that was an eye opener, that Labyrinth page though, what a crock of you know what.
Who is responsible for hiring this bloke?
Go have a look at the article I wrote on aflcrowcast.com all the links you need are at the bottom.

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cheers, great read.

Some qualifications to compare.

Look at the Collingwood sports psychologist https://www.vu.edu.au/contact-us/daryl-marchant

The team of sport psychologists Sydney use http://www.iepp.com.au/about-us.html

Amon Woulfe http://www.amonwoulfe.com/

It is staggering to me we hired him.
I know right? It blew my mind when I looked into it. When I asked the club about it, they really couldn't give me a satisfactory explanation.

And thanks for the compliment :)

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
They've clearly hidden their social media profiles because people have looked at them and realized they are woefully unqualified.

Much harder to sell snake oil when your online presence suggests you are a fraud
Even a manufactured one like Woulfe's. I found it funny that his endorsements were from his web development roles, yet his profile didn't carry anything other than his "mind" stuff. He's a chameleon is our friend Amon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back