Podcast CROWCAST DREAMTEAM LEAGUE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt De Boer is a masterstroke of selection, let's be honest ;)

I was refreshing the scores waiting for the Derby to finish, and the Sanders v Couldbeens was the most exciting match of the round. The lead swapped literally 10 times in the last five minutes. I've been hunting for a replay ever since.

Donkey Magoo I would never profess to be a fantasy footy master. On present form though, I may be better than you ;)
PFFT, on present form you are lucky. We'll see how this plays out.
I've got Sicilly back this week and he's the GOAT.

Why the lack of posting here guys ?? I just wanted to have a quick brag that I took out the weekly in the club rankings for round 11.
Sorry my bad, I’ve had a bit going on.
I’ll do a roast this week, I need to review the Donkey v feenix67 matchup anyway.

That's sick!

Now I've got the added pressure to win, been spending all my focus on winning the work Supercoach leagues for bragging rights but thankfully my DT is strong as usual (well at least compared to my SC).

Burrachos, whoever you are, I hope you're out of trades!!

Just when I finally relaxed about DT too, now I'm getting frustrated by my guys starting poorly and others having big games. Martin's been super quiet this year and Essendon have given him 4 goals whilst Hurley left the game at 1/2.

FRIDAY NIGHT MEGAROAST!!!
Preliminary Final Edition!!

Thanks feenix67 for shaming me back into doing this. My apologies to all for rolling over when the Crows did this year. I've had a bit on and wrote a draft every 3rd week but never quite got there.

Now to return the favour.

The Dead and buried report card

As the top 4 battle it out for a signed footy the other 16 teams head into the review phase and wonder what went wrong, burnt too many trades early? didn't react quick enough? Had too much integrity (too many Crowboys)? Didn't nail the Rookies? Didn't nail the guns? Or a little bit of everything.

For feenix67 (17) and Shooey (18), their problems started when they logged in. Big Rob's Suns had the ignominy of picking the wrong Brayshaw and Matt de Boar, it was always going to be a battle. By the end of the season, they were posting scores that most sides would have beaten in the bye rounds.

The next grouping was slightly better, all logging 6 wins each Donkey (13) Skid Kids (14) Habanero Hot Sauce (15) and Petes Pirates (16) wasn't a pretty season for this lot. Although if you flick over to total points I do rocket up the ladder to 9th. I'm going to live off of that.

azza77 , newbie_kimber and Monkey slappers all racked up 7 wins and go into the close but no cigar category for the finals Newbie coming home with a we sail winning 4 out of his last 5 but it was too little too late. Azz had a good side on paper early but got picked apart buy spuds and injuries should bounce back next year and go toe to toe with the best.

Sanders had a finish to the season that would make a Melbourne fan blush, losing 3 out of his past 5 and missing by .1 of 1%. In actual numbers, this worked out to scoring 174 more than the spuds but by conceding 1 solitary point more he missed out. It is a cruel game. (scratch that last bit, missed by a game and .1 od 1% but those numbers are still freaky)

The Finalists.
Coming in at 7 and 8 the Spuds and DIY brain surgery did their best Port impressions and were on the sidelines within a week, good season guys but back to the drawing board.
dylan123 and Sweet FC went straight through to the Prelims
Corey and the Couldabeens were gone next, Corey out in straight sets had a great season and looked hot early just locked up at the wrong time.

PRELIM WEEK
SuWeet v The Winter March Pea Nut

Clash of the Titans here 1v4 Pea Nut has the early lead and I think that he will hold it from here. SuWeet sill has Jelly on the field and unless he has some magical trades hidden somewhere might not have the gas to go with the nutters.

Dylan dylan123 v Burrachos

Burrachos has an early lead but I don't see it holding Dylan has some heavy hitters in Ablett , Danger, Pendles , Heeney and Gibbs to come where has Gray, Whitfield, E Curnow, Billing and Hurn with a lil spud in there.

Good luck for the rest of the weekend guys!

Talk about a close win, got up by just 7 points in the end.

Only 6 players of difference at the moment, think I might fall a bit short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!

GRAND FINAL WEEK IN CROWCASTS BIGGEST DREAM TEAM LEAGUE.

Dylan FFC
Screenshot 2018-08-24 19.09.17.png
VS
The Winter March
Screenshot 2018-08-24 19.11.34.png

Here is the ball game.

Screenshot 2018-08-24 19.05.53.png

In the blue trunks, we have Pea Nut (The Winter March)
Points of Difference D Heppell, S Menegola, D Martin, J Dunkley, L Neal and Hurn the burn.

In the red trunks, we have dylan123

Points of Difference are J Westhoff, Z Merrett, M Hurley, P Dangerfield and G Ablett

After running the teams through the CrowCast Game Analysis Predictor I can advise that these 2 coaches have put together fantastic seasons and are really deserving of the Footy signed by Tex.

The predictor is also giving The Winter March a 65%v35% chance of victory.

Goodluck fellas!

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!

GRAND FINAL WEEK IN CROWCASTS BIGGEST DREAM TEAM LEAGUE.

Dylan FFC
View attachment 548533
VS
The Winter March
View attachment 548536

Here is the ball game.

View attachment 548539

In the blue trunks, we have Pea Nut (The Winter March)
Points of Difference D Heppell, S Menegola, D Martin, J Dunkley, L Neal and Hurn the burn.

In the red trunks, we have dylan123

Points of Difference are J Westhoff, Z Merrett, M Hurley, P Dangerfield and G Ablett

After running the teams through the CrowCast Game Analysis Predictor I can advise that these 2 coaches have put together fantastic seasons and are really deserving of the Footy signed by Tex.

The predictor is also giving The Winter March a 65%v35% chance of victory.

Goodluck fellas!
Nice write up Donkey. You went early though. That was line up before lockout. A few changes since. Should be close regardless.

Nice write up Donkey. You went early though. That was line up before lockout. A few changes since. Should be close regardless.
Yep, on it.

A trick of the 4th estate is to withhold information and break it a little later so that they look like they know what's the Jam.

Funny how we both wanted a POD and neither ended up with Mitchell as captain as a result of that.

Was super close to moving Pendles to Dunkley but with the talk of Franklin missing earlier in the week and having no forward cover, I had a last minute change of mind and decided to take a risk and move him instead. Also put Seeds on the field ahead of Hurley which shouldn't burn me too hard now that Hurley didn't do anything special.

Funny how we both wanted a POD and neither ended up with Mitchell as captain as a result of that.

Was super close to moving Pendles to Dunkley but with the talk of Franklin missing earlier in the week and having no forward cover, I had a last minute change of mind and decided to take a risk and move him instead. Also put Seeds on the field ahead of Hurley which shouldn't burn me too hard now that Hurley didn't do anything special.
I was actually doing up the round preview and check back and saw both of your moves and thought to myself you sneaky dogs! Both pretty good.

If you end up winning Dylan you can look at that footy and know that Westhoff's 5 goal bag delivered it!

I'm in the Div 1 SC Adelaide Board GF this weekend, I'm out of trades so just fingers crossed for me!

251 vs Kelly, Fritsch and Hurn.

Macrae as captain probably the winning move there, if I do lose, I really hope it's by more than 6 (difference between playing Seeds over Hurley).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back