Podcast CrowCast TNL Trade Week Wrap up Show tonight 8.45pm acst

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, there has been technical issues with the audio so we now won't be able to do the show tonight. Basically, a bit of hardware on Feenix's end has decided that they think they are the crows from this weekend!
Haha not good enough! Need an extended show as it was a crazy weekend! Hopefully a big show Tuesday!

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, there has been technical issues with the audio so we now won't be able to do the show tonight. Basically, a bit of hardware on Feenix's end has decided that they think they are the crows from this weekend!

Should have called me in as backup ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listening from last night. I think the coaches know that we go to s**t in the midfield when we get beaten in clearances. I think they realize that the only option we have is to win games through rebounds and outside run. Get 50 games into poholkye asap!
I have high hopes for Myles.

That was brutal, fair though.

The thing that surprised me the most, outside of the lack of intensity, was the poor turnovers coming out of the defensive 50. Letting the ball go over the back while poor can be somewhat excused given the windy conditions, but a lot of our inside 50s came from repeat entries from kicks that went to opposition players, even when not under pressure to dispose. Crows have typically been one of the best teams at doing damage from defensive rebounds and all game there was literally no run out of the back line.

As soon as the dangerous ball movers like Sloane, Smith, Cameron, etc got anywhere near the ball it was an obvious plan to pressure them from all directions so they couldn't create run, even if it meant Crouch, Douglas, Laird, etc were given a lot more space and opportunity to receive the uncontested ball because they aren't particularly damaging with the ball.

That was brutal, fair though.

The thing that surprised me the most, outside of the lack of intensity, was the poor turnovers coming out of the defensive 50. Letting the ball go over the back while poor can be somewhat excused given the windy conditions, but a lot of our inside 50s came from repeat entries from kicks that went to opposition players, even when not under pressure to dispose. Crows have typically been one of the best teams at doing damage from defensive rebounds and all game there was literally no run out of the back line.

As soon as the dangerous ball movers like Sloane, Smith, Cameron, etc got anywhere near the ball it was an obvious plan to pressure them from all directions so they couldn't create run, even if it meant Crouch, Douglas, Laird, etc were given a lot more space and opportunity to receive the uncontested ball because they aren't particularly damaging with the ball.

Spot on Tas (missed your comments around these parts lately!). We didn't mention it in the cast but while we have been harsh on Milera over the past couple of weeks, the loss of that outside run on the wing possibly affected us as well. Your guys played well to a very structured game plan and our guys wanted to rely on others to get them out of the mess.

Pretty amazing that a guy who averages 4 CP and 2 tackles a game is rested due to "general soreness". It seems knight was included to add a bit of CP to the group, except they forgot to tell him he was playing, because he didn't turn up.

I can't believe our club is so caught up on "good bloke" factor that we don't go for guns like Rockliff. I don't give a flying * if the guy made a few inappropriate comments in his 8 years in the AFL. The guy can play football.

Same with Dustin Martin when he was up for trade a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back