Podcast Weekend Wrap Round 2 v Cats

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great crow cast as usual gang. Pete, just on your point of the options available for punishment in the north saga, you mentioned that the judge chose the premiership points option as less severe than overturning the game. The issue with that if this was a round 10 match then the loss of premiership points for 2 matches is more severe. I would have thought that the judge should look at the punishment objectively and ignore the particular circumstances of it being a final. For example, let’s say the exact same set of circumstances happens again mid season, won’t the precident set from this now means 2 games?

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great crow cast as usual gang. Pete, just on your point of the options available for punishment in the north saga, you mentioned that the judge chose the premiership points option as less severe than overturning the game. The issue with that if this was a round 10 match then the loss of premiership points for 2 matches is more severe. I would have thought that the judge should look at the punishment objectively and ignore the particular circumstances of it being a final. For example, let’s say the exact same set of circumstances happens again mid season, won’t the precident set from this now means 2 games?
Yeah I think that's an absolutely fair comment. At another time, the loss of points could be critical, and may still turn out to be next year.

If you were 2 games clear in 5th, you'd rather lose that 1 game than have 2 wins docked.

I guess the QC can only assess it based on the facts before him, and in this specific case the reversal is worse as it costs a GF.

It a good question with no easy answer. Given they have a few penalties to choose from I imagine they can be flexible on what's worse in all the circumstances, and not be held to a precedent.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting news on a 2019 contracted ruckman coming to us next trade period - CC has been reliable to date..
Did a check of OOC players next year against players that fit the mould (in their prime, OOC, very good player) and couldn’t seemed to find a match. NicNat and McEvoy were the only two good ones that won’t be over 30 come end of 2019 (29/30). Maybe the source got it wrong and the player is actually OOC in 2020.. which only leads me to one player.. BG.
Donkey Magoo Peter J macca23 NikkiNoo

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting news on a 2019 contracted ruckman coming to us next trade period - CC has been reliable to date..
Did a check of OOC players next year against players that fit the mould (in their prime, OOC, very good player) and couldn’t seemed to find a match. NicNat and McEvoy were the only two good ones that won’t be over 30 come end of 2019 (29/30). Maybe the source got it wrong and the player is actually OOC in 2020.. which only leads me to one player.. BG.
Donkey Magoo Peter J macca23 NikkiNoo
Hi mate - thanks for your ongoing support, great having you as a regular.

All I can say on this one is that he is OOC end of next year. Not 2020. No room for error on that count.

This one came my way with a really strict rider on the name/club so I cant take that any further.

I did think it was worth sharing what I could given there had been plenty of talk about chasing a ruck this period.

Cheers

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Hi mate - thanks for your ongoing support, great having you as a regular.

All I can say on this one is that he is OOC end of next year. Not 2020. No room for error on that count.

This one came my way with a really strict rider on the name/club so I cant take that any further.

I did think it was worth sharing what I could given there had been plenty of talk about chasing a ruck this period.

Cheers
Are you able to say if he is a reasonable established player or is he yet to be an established ruckman? (sorry if you covered this last night)

From the country that brought us silly fellow (or utensil-womble), my social media has been lighting it up with "wankpuffin" today, if you need some new award categories for next year...

Back