treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Was listening to the Crowbar last night and they had a bit of a go at the club as they made contact in regards to getting a player on and the club said yes we'll get something organised and then crickets.

I have also noticed the lack of player interviews from the CrowCast this year compared to last. Has something similar happened? Or have you decided to focus on the on air talent available?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Was listening to the Crowbar last night and they had a bit of a go at the club as they made contact in regards to getting a player on and the club said yes we'll get something organised and then crickets.

I have also noticed the lack of player interviews from the CrowCast this year compared to last. Has something similar happened? Or have you decided to focus on the on air talent available?

The club gave us an undertaking at the start of the season to get players on, but at times during the season it's been difficult to co-ordinate due to my work commitments, because we have to do them mid afternoon.

We've had an interview lined up for the last 6 weeks, but first I had a personal bereavement which took me away from the cast for a couple of weeks and then I moved house which messed up my internet connection and is why Scorpus has been doing a few TNL shows of late.

You may have noticed that the audio has been a bit dodgy lately and that's because I've been using my phone and a 4g connection because Malcolm Turnbulls idea of a modern broadband network involves me having to endure multiple cancelled technician appointments since moving (the latest being Monday), most of which are cancelled without even notifying me. Way to go Malcolm, "inventor of the internet".

We have an interview ready to go, but I can't do it until my setup is back to normal. Hopefully next week or the one after.

As a general comment, you will have noticed the club has significantly ramped up its own media, with its own Monday night podcast with Triple M and lots of Facebook Live stuff. This has also impacted on player availability.

The club has always been supportive of the CrowCast and we have a very good relationship with them. It's just been a difficult year to organise them for the above reasons, but we continue to get players when we can.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
The club gave us an undertaking at the start of the season to get players on, but at times during the season it's been difficult to co-ordinate due to my work commitments, because we have to do them mid afternoon.

We've had an interview lined up for the last 6 weeks, but first I had a personal bereavement which took me away from the cast for a couple of weeks and then I moved house which messed up my internet connection and is why Scorpus has been doing a few TNL shows of late.

You may have noticed that the audio has been a bit dodgy lately and that's because I've been using my phone and a 4g connection because Malcolm Turnbulls idea of a modern broadband network involves me having to endure multiple cancelled technician appointments since moving (the latest being Monday), most of which are cancelled without even notifying me. Way to go Malcolm, "inventor of the internet".

We have an interview ready to go, but I can't do it until my setup is back to normal. Hopefully next week or the one after.

As a general comment, you will have noticed the club has significantly ramped up its own media, with its own Monday night podcast with Triple M and lots of Facebook Live stuff. This has also impacted on player availability.

The club has always been supportive of the CrowCast and we have a very good relationship with them. It's just been a difficult year to organise them for the above reasons, but we continue to get players when we can.
Thanks for the response Feenix

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Join us at 8.30pm ACST for Tuesday Night Live

All the talk from the AFC and AFL - including our major re-signing of Gov today!

Come and chat at spreaker.com/user/aflcrowcast or your usual device

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
Screenshot 2017-08-29 21.56.25.png

Back