Podcast Weekend Wrap Round 6 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

We will be having our annual muffin meeting with Andrew this Wednesday. Reading the forums gives us a fair idea of what people are interested in, but if you ha e a specific question you'd like answered please drop them here
I guess eSports might need some clarification for us oldies

ie is it a specific moneymaker or an opportunity to look for long term crossover?

Question re: App

The club's official website is obviously directly linked with Telstra, as are all of the AFL clubs. Is the iPhone/Android Official App also linked/run by Telstra now? There has been a significant reduction in the usability, content and overall functionality of the App since the start of 2017. It used to be a sensational App however we now basically need to visit the desktop website for up to date news, or AFC Official YouTube for videos, because of the App's poor functionality. A lot of people I know have similar views - to the point that we haven't opened the App in months (were daily users in the past). The club may be looking for people to not use the App as much for strategic/marketing reasons? With a strong push to "control our own messaging" - which everyone supports - it'd be good to have a reliable mobile platform. Cheers.

Last edited:
Feedback rather than a question

Can fans get news on player injuries in a timely manner?

If the club are going to great lengths to cover things up it makes these injuries seem like a big deal and that we're scared.

When it eventually comes out it erodes trust in the club's statements. What else are they hiding?

We seemingly sit on bad news hoping that no one notices. Only revealing stuff reluctantly if we're forced to by whispers and rumours getting out. Or waiting until there's some good news to announce and s**t sandwiching the bad news with it.

It's treating fans like idiots and means that every club utterance is a waste of time given that we only receive sanitised, PR department approved news rather than actual news.

I get why but IMO it's counter-productive and only creates more rumours and innuendo. There's an assumption that there is bad news yet to be revealed because that's our MO

Question re: App

The club's official website is obviously directly linked with Telstra, as are all of the AFL clubs. Is the iPhone/Android Official App also linked/run by Telstra now? There has been a significant reduction in the usability, content and overall functionality of the App since the start of 2017. It used to be a sensational App however we now basically need to visit the desktop website for up to date news, or AFC Official YouTube for videos, because of the App's poor functionality. A lot of people I know have similar views - to the point that we haven't opened the App in months (were dailtly users in the past). The club may be looking for people to not use the App as much for strategic/marketing reasons? With a strong push to "control our own messaging" - which everyone supports - it'd be good to have a reliable mobile platform. Cheers.
My understanding is it was developed in house/outsourced. It's not made by Telstra and I think it is stand alone.

It's a great question because I and others feel the same. Will get the skinny on it.

Sure.

In prior years, the financial statements have shown merchadise revenues as a gross figure, but since your arrival they've been shown as a gross figure with net figures added afterwards for online and gameday merchandise sales - ergo, we're not showing proper gross revenues and not going apple-for-apple.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE?!

I mean, what was our total gross merchandising revenue last year?

Sure.

In prior years, the financial statements have shown merchadise revenues as a gross figure, but since your arrival they've been shown as a gross figure with net figures added afterwards for online and gameday merchandise sales - ergo, we're not showing proper gross revenues and not going apple-for-apple.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE?!

I mean, what was our total gross merchandising revenue last year?
I fell asleep halfway through reading this can someone tell me what he said.

We will be having our annual muffin meeting with Andrew this Wednesday. Reading the forums gives us a fair idea of what people are interested in, but if you ha e a specific question you'd like answered please drop them here

How the * will eSports benefit us, using real words and hard reasons?

How will we monetise it and is it worth the distraction from our core business?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And while I'm on it, from prior years there's this little conundrum

Dear Mr Fagan,

In the 2016 financial statements, our Unearned Income moved from $339K to $6M.

Was this due to membership payments being billed/paid a month earlier than usual to strengthen our cash reserves, and if not, what was it? Sponsorship monies? AFL distributions?

Our 2017 financial statements had Unearned Income at relatively the same level as 2016 compared to previous years (2012 = $909k, 2013 = $2.1m, 2014 = $79k, 2015 = $339k, 2016 = $6.0m, 2017 = $4.9m) - will we continue charging members for memberships "a month early" or will we move back to beginning memberships at the start of the new financial year?

Last edited:
When they coming to play in Cleveland to cater to me and little AC?

I think we have been patient. ;)

Yeah, when’s the World Tour?

You should set up JJ vs American Crow and talk about the NFL in a podcast or something

Yeah, when’s the World Tour?

You should set up JJ vs American Crow and talk about the NFL in a podcast or something

Pretty sure Cleveland doesn't have an NFL team mate. :(

Unfortunately both Feen and I have actual day jobs, but we will be working on it soon. The muffins were very nice and from a shop that originally started opposite my parents house!
Not only that, but I had a flat tyre half way back to work, and a jammed wheel nut meant a 15 minute job took 90..... grrrrr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back