Podcast Weekend Wrap Round 2 v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I would leave this here....as the gang knows that word spoken by an American is a HUGE ratings booster ;)

Mileratkinsshow

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Re today’s show, I’d like to back up Douglas’s (?? I think that is the name of the poster)comments re listenability of the Crowcast. I think the cast does get way too negative - and hard to listen to. If you critique a player - such as Knight - on the basis of a lack of possessions week in week out - then you surely should acknowledge his higher possession game when he comes back into the team and say it is a good come back from being dropped. (You May not have changed your opinion re him, but you could just say he will need to keep backing that up to stay in the team)
It comes across that once Feenix has made his mind up on a player then his opinion won’t change from that time on.
It comes across as unbalanced. Obviously it is good to have opinions, but what I’m talking about is how it comes across to the listener.
Personally I agree with Feenix that the midfield structure is really in need of some rethinking and needs pace and class. I agree Milera should be played there from now on without fail. Galucci also needs to be run through there and Chase Jones too at times to bring in pace.
Back to my point though, the cast relies on different people having opinions. There are ways to disagree without shutting people down.
I’ve been listening to the cast for 3 years religiously and enjoy it - but I have to say I preferred the mix of the Crow Bars comedy with opinion.
But I would encourage you that you dismiss the criticism / feedback of becoming too negative at your own peril.
I for one want the cast to keep going from strength to strength.
And finally, just want to recognise the way Donkey has added to the cast with that sense of humour / mixed with his passionate views.
... and keep sticking up for yourself Macca!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
I can't get excited about a win against a team that some SANFL sides would beat.

Our Cast has never made any apologies for calling it as we see it, and we are certainly a different cast with a different vibe to the Crowbar or other casts. We stream live, we're not in the same room together and we set ourselves up as having a more analytic approach.

All that said, I'll admit I'm incredibly, INCREDIBLY disillusioned since the Port loss. I feel like this group of players has had enough chances, individually and collectively. Enough is enough in my opinion. I'm not a happy clapper, never will be. So a bloke like Riley Knight has had enough chances in my book, and flat tracking against a piss weak gold coast isn't going to excite me.

The good thing about podcasts is that there's enough room for all flavours. There are plenty of light and fluffy crows podcasts around. Mine will never be one of them.

Mileratkinsshow

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't get excited about a win against a team that some SANFL sides would beat.

Our Cast has never made any apologies for calling it as we see it, and we are certainly a different cast with a different vibe to the Crowbar or other casts. We stream live, we're not in the same room together and we set ourselves up as having a more analytic approach.

All that said, I'll admit I'm incredibly, INCREDIBLY disillusioned since the Port loss. I feel like this group of players has had enough chances, individually and collectively. Enough is enough in my opinion. I'm not a happy clapper, never will be. So a bloke like Riley Knight has had enough chances in my book, and flat tracking against a piss weak gold coast isn't going to excite me.

The good thing about podcasts is that there's enough room for all flavours. There are plenty of light and fluffy crows podcasts around. Mine will never be one of them.

Thanks for the reply Feenix.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows

I continue to listen. Happy to listen to the negativity.

As I've mentioned before I prefer the CrowCast particularly after losses as they search for answers and identify reasons behind our deficiencies.

I enjoyed the Crow Bar but the laughs and beers got a little tiresome to me.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Telling it like it is ain't a bad thing. Lord knows I try to be a glass half full kinda guy when it comes to the Crows more often than not. (due to my Cleveland background and knowing what real incompetence looks like) But you are absolutely right HOW the Port loss came about is a real eye opener.

I am most curious to see how they play against the Bombers at home, on the big stage, in a critical Finals positioning game. Quite frankly, a loss Friday night is inexcusable.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

I don’t think that the crow cast is overly negative at all and agree 100% with you feenix on the disillusionment from the port game. Crowcast is serious footy analysis done well. If people are looking for funny puff pieces maybe look elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back