Game Day Crowd Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid
Please bump if needed as i can't find any thread as i know there was a section previously about the songs that the cheer squads can sing.
I have come up with one (so be kind)

(sung to the tune of "Do you hear the people sing?" - from Les Miserables)

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of Tigerland,
It is the music of the people who will not be beat again,
When the beating of your heart
echoes the roaring of the crowds
there is a flag there to be won
when September comes!!

that sh1t would give me goosebumps to hear around any ground

Chants and songs are one thing that AFL crowds in general are pretty crap at. I'm all for any team trying to bring it in, good on you!
Our Grog Squad is pretty good with songs, but there's no real time or place to have people doing it in a larger capacity during an AFL game as we don't have an "Active Supporter" area.

Please bump if needed as i can't find any thread as i know there was a section previously about the songs that the cheer squads can sing.

when September comes!!

That's much better than most of the stuff they do sing, well done
Probably too many words for the drunks to remember though

The shitty Carlton fc went to Rome to see the Pope
The shitty Carlton fc went to Rome to see the Pope
The shitty Carlton fc went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said

"* Off"

Who the * are Carlton fc?

As the tiges keep roaring on on on!

aproved chants on the Big Screen at 1/4 time and 3/4 instead of all the noise tjhat goes on would be an unreal supporter experince.

I know when we go to the footy my kids try and sing along to any songs... Not that we have many

when September comes!!

Awesome effort so much better than the port people singing never tear us apart. Should sing it before every home game.

Sent from my brain using ESP.

Awesome effort so much better than the port people singing never tear us apart. Should sing it before every home game.

Sent from my brain using ESP.
You mean the PA turned up full voice and a bunch of bogans standing up to play with their phones, giving them a nice change from sitting and playing with their phones.

You mean the PA turned up full voice and a bunch of bogans standing up to play with their phones, giving them a nice change from sitting and playing with their phones.
your right, its great that PA have tried to get this song for them off the ground, but it will never reach its full potential until they sing it with no music/sound like YNWA.

I know its more basketball, but imagine 50k tigers supporters doing the Boom Boom Clap of we will rock you before then bounce in Round 1???

Or 50k tigers supporters humming the tune of seven nation army

your right, its great that PA have tried to get this song for them off the ground, but it will never reach its full potential until they sing it with no music/sound like YNWA.

I know its more basketball, but imagine 50k tigers supporters doing the Boom Boom Clap of we will rock you before then bounce in Round 1???

Or 50k tigers supporters humming the tune of seven nation army
I am all for Seven Nation Army, sounds amazing at every other sporting event it's involved with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is a good one, club could do similar, put a montage on the big screen with club history and player highlights into seven nation army chant

Chants will never work at AFL games.
There's too much going on at all times to get enough people interested in singing.

Compare this to sports where chanting is popular like soccer and basketball.
Nothing ever happens on soccer so people can sing the whole game, and basketball there's stretches where the ball is held up deliberately to run down the shot clock.

There's too much going on at all times to get enough people interested in singing.

Nothing ever happens on soccer so people can sing the whole game, and basketball there's stretches where the ball is held up deliberately to run down the shot clock.
Possibly why it could only be the minute or two before the first bounce... Usually everyone is there watching and waiting for the first bounce and if it happens at the same time every game then everyone is ready for it!

Possibly why it could only be the minute or two before the first bounce... Usually everyone is there watching and waiting for the first bounce and if it happens at the same time every game then everyone is ready for it!

That could work but then you've got the issue of everyone learning the song. I can't see how it could seem genuine. Especially since it's not always been there.

I'm more for them playing pump-up song before the bounce, they just started playing Kanye last season which was dope.

Funnily enough Soccer has the best atmosphere/chants going for it when all the action is happening...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back