Game Day Crowd Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's one of my friends favourite songs when he is absolutely plastered as hell:

(to the tune of "We Can't be Beaten")

If you love the Richmond Tigers
Then stand up with me.
It's time to make the MCG
Richmond Tiger Territory

We'll never weaken, we got Rance down the back
And up forward we have the mighty Jumping Jack!

Martin to Deledio, who kicks to Vickery!
Who'll send us closer to Tiger Victory!

LED BY CAPTAIN COTCHIN!

Get's a bit embarassing at times.

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi.
That always brought a tear to my eye...

...of laughter.

Funnily enough Soccer has the best atmosphere/chants going for it when all the action is happening...
Was in Newcastle, UK over Christmas and New Year and went to see Newcastle United play on boxing Day against Chelsea. St James Park always sells out no matter where United are on the table and the atmosphere is awesome whole game round but especially when it heats up like it did in the second half against Chelsea. It was just like watching the Tiges in the 3rd quarter of a close game.

The songs and chants give everyone an avenue to pour out your spirit in response to the tension of what's happening on the field. As supporters we are passengers to the action and chants and singing can help deal with not being able to do anything about what we are watching.

All for it as long as it doesn't turn our footy in stupid parochial, tribal violence like it can in the UK where rival supporters have to sit in special sectioned off areas.

One of the great things about our game is supporters being able to sit pretty much anywhere and certainly alongside supporters of other clubs.

I think the OPs song was a great effort and to that tune from Les Mis it would sound awesome and eery.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back