Discussion Crowd Violence

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear you - but the constant F & C words with a fair bit of emotion - not required I reckon. As I said, water of a ducks back for me but for some others?
Sometimes the best insults are the ones with the most polite language "Rather Ordinary" is my go to.

Or something like drongo,

Had a saints supporter behind me yesterday who gave loud in-depth analysis of every single play. He'd say what happened... then why it happened... then what should have happened. He was relentless.

I thought about chucking a chip at him.... one with sauce on it.

Thankfully I was able to tame my beastly animal urges.

Two groups of Saints nearly punched on at Richmond station. A guy sitting by himself nearly central inside the Giants cheer squad for revved up by the Giants fans and started standing up and swearing at them and threatening them. Security came over a few times to settle him down. I thought he might go after them at one point. He was a big unit and raging.

I think u were sitting near me! He was a peanut but I think he may have had other issues.

Gotta say mainly Saints supporters there but I was pretty disappointed with the language and there was an undercurrent that if u dared to disagree with someone or tell them to just settle down they were happy to accommodate you!

Re the language, no big deal for me, but just don’t like it around young kids & females. Maybe I’m just out of touch.

The guy near me that swore the most was there with his wife and two young kids.

Worst I've seen was at VFL Park in 1982.
Mark Scott kicked 7, Duperouzel 5 and Grant Thomas 4 in a 36 point victory to the Saints over Collingwood.
Jeff Sarau involved in 19 free kicks! 8 for and 11 against.
With the Saints having lost their previous five games by a collective total of 291 points the Pies supporters likely travelled to the game expecting a win.
Anyway, at Waverley there was a section in the car park where busses would collect patrons going to and from Glen Waverley train station.
After a not too common win the Saints supporters were all up and about. Add to that the Pies folk, with a skin full of heavy beers under their belt after a loss.
All gathering in a small space after the game was always sketchy at best.
I saw at least three unconscious fellas on the ground and mayhem going on all around.
Luckily the old man got my brother and I out of harms way quickly. Very scary as a kid.

Had a saints supporter behind me yesterday who gave loud in-depth analysis of every single play. He'd say what happened... then why it happened... then what should have happened. He was relentless.

Oh my, you must have been sitting near me!

We had a neutral, explaining the game to someone who knew nothing (and not very well at that) and constantly saying things like,
“Lyon will have to change that”, “bet they can’t wait till the siren in order to regroup”, “theyre killing them with their disposal”….

Like seriously, did we need to hear all that constantly?

We moved at the end of the first quarter, but not before telling them to pipe down.

Did he happen to mention we should’ve recruited Ethan Phillips?

Did he happen to mention we should’ve recruited Ethan Phillips?

He would have been handing me money after hearing my loud but entertaining in-depth monologue on the intricacies of AFL footy and play by play analysis. Regaling the bumpkins is a service I provide for free though. Probably would have gone over the heads of you Geelong folks though. Some words have multiple syllables and can get quite confusing for the simpletons.

He would have been handing me money after hearing my loud but entertaining in-depth monologue on the intricacies of AFL footy and play by play analysis. Regaling the bumpkins is a service I provide for free though. Probably would have gone over the heads of you Geelong folks though. Some words have multiple syllables and can get quite confusing for the simpletons.
You do realise than I am no more of a Geelongian than Mason Cox is an Australian 😉

Went to Windy Hill with my brother who was an Essendon supporter.

We were trailing by about 80 points mid way through the third quarter when a young Nathan Burke had his nose broken by a coat hanger. Hadn’t said a word all day but yelled out something like that’s pathetic.

Bloke in front of me turned around and said - open your mouth again and me and my mates will beat the crap out of you.

Given I was the only Saints supporter I could see within 50 metres and couldn’t punch may way out of a wet paper bag I followed his advice.

Pathetic mob as are Collingwood, Richmond, Port Adelaide etc.

ps my brother now lives in Perth and went to a WCE and Bombers game with his son. For his trouble the young bloke got spat on by WCE supporters. Who in their right mind does that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back