Toast Crowden - extends until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This is great news! The club needed to have a response after such an abject, abysmal performance last week......sends out the right message whether Ross was 'elbowed in the ribs' or not.....go get 'em Crowds!

I wouldn’t be astonished if Crowden ends up playing the majority of his career as a small defender in the Guerra mould. Has the physical attributes and the kick for it.

It was good to see a debut but TBH Crowden looked to struggle with the pace of the game, whereas Cerra and Brayshaw didn't.

His best quarter was the 4th so at least he showed a bit.

It can take players weeks before they really settle in. Blakely was very quiet in his first handful of games before he absolutely exploded.
Not worried about Crowden at all. Dont care if he only gets 10 touches this weekend, I'd like to see him backed in for a few weeks.
Same with Luke Ryan. He was building nice n slowly

I wouldn’t be astonished if Crowden ends up playing the majority of his career as a small defender in the Guerra mould. Has the physical attributes and the kick for it.

Guerra (and every other good small defender I can think of) is a lot taller and I think the risk is too great that Crowden would be exposed in the air.

Obviously his height is why he slid so far, but seeing him live makes it even clearer. Maybe appearances are deceiving (e.g. his nuggety build squishes him to the eye), but he seemed quite a lot shorter than the listed 175cm, considering the other short people in our side like Neale, Matera, Walters and Ballantyne. Still think he can be a real bargain with his other attributes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guerra (and every other good small defender I can think of) is a lot taller and I think the risk is too great that Crowden would be exposed in the air.

Obviously his height is why he slid so far, but seeing him live makes it even clearer. Maybe appearances are deceiving (e.g. his nuggety build squishes him to the eye), but he seemed quite a lot shorter than the listed 175cm, considering the other short people in our side like Neale, Matera, Walters and Ballantyne. Still think he can be a real bargain with his other attributes.

He actually has a very good leap, we just haven't seen it yet.

At the SA State Combine he topped the standard vertical leap and his jump of 89cm would have put him top three in the National Combine and his running vertical leap would have put him top 5.

He was top 5 in all of the SA Combine tests.

Add to that his relentless tackling, booming kick and positive attitude and he is an absolute bargain at where we picked him up.

Those short little legs of his are steel springs!

Stefan Giro goes alright too.

http://sanfl.com.au/news/2017/10/18/2017-afl-state-combine-results/

Last edited:
I was wandering the internet, pondering the mysteries of life, looking for answers...when I stumbled upon this.
I share it with you all in hope of aiding you on the path to enlightenment.

Thanks for sharing but I still aint wearing it

Cr-our-den

CR-OUR-DEN

I'll be having a word with him shortly

Like Ryley Dunn? :$ Or perhaps Jack Ziebell to be nicer... I can't really articulate why, but the likes of Brayshaw and Cerra do appear to be a class above him at this stage. NTTAWWT. It takes all sorts and I'm glad he's ours.

Back him in for 3-4 games. It becomes very difficult to judge the youngsters if they are constantly wheeling between dominating WAFL and having very short stints at AFL. Personally I don't think he's ready and I'd have rathered Tucker stay in last week but give him a chance.

Back him in for 3-4 games. It becomes very difficult to judge the youngsters if they are constantly wheeling between dominating WAFL and having very short stints at AFL. Personally I don't think he's ready and I'd have rathered Tucker stay in last week but give him a chance.

Mitch looks ready to me. I thought his game was fine.
That htb he got, he had taken 2 steps and a much better player would have been caught too. He was blindsided.
He applied excellent pressure throughout.
In the 4th he kicked a beautiful pass to Taberner at the top of the goal square; he dropped it but the kick was total class.

I think your side will name Tucker and Crowden today .

Mitch looks ready to me. I thought his game was fine.
That htb he got, he had taken 2 steps and a much better player would have been caught too. He was blindsided.
He applied excellent pressure throughout.
In the 4th he kicked a beautiful pass to Taberner at the top of the goal square; he dropped it but the kick was total class.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind his game, provided some good pressure and had a few moments where his obvious talent stood out (that 55m bomb was pretty impressive) but can't overlook the fact he was probably our worst out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back