Crowden

Remove this Banner Ad

He's made a few mistakes but they are the right kind , the kind you make when your trying to play like an experienced AFL player but you aren't there yet as opposed to the nervous trying not to make a mistake mistakes

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's the enthusiasm and excitement that I like about him. Watch any interviews with him, he's so thrilled to be out there, to be playing with his mates and saying how close they all are. I think we're finally really cracking the team culture thing with Crowden doing everything in his power for the team. Looking forward to good times ahead.

It's the enthusiasm and excitement that I like about him. Watch any interviews with him, he's so thrilled to be out there, to be playing with his mates and saying how close they all are. I think we're finally really cracking the team culture thing with Crowden doing everything in his power for the team. Looking forward to good times ahead.
Reminds me of the class of '08. They were close from the beginning. I completely forget the context or even who it was against but I remember during a game in 2009 thinking as I watched Suban, De Boer and Hill (?) celebrate a goal resulting from a nice bit of team play together; 'Hello, we're got something here. We're on the up and up with this group.'
Maybe I only remember it because I was proved right and I have edited every other false dawn in the previous 14 seasons out of my mind.

Last edited:
In the early 80s there was a cult movie called The Warriors about gangs in the Bronx. One of the famous scenes from the movie is when the main antagonist provokes the hero by calling "Warriors, come out to play" while banging empty beer bottles he has placed around each of the fingers on one hand.

Crowden looks like that antagonist.

The actor appeared years later in a movie (again as a bad guy) called.... The Crow.

True story.
And that scene was replayed in "Archer" as well.
Season 3 finale, Barry the cyborg does the bottles.

Reminds me of the class of '08. They were close from the beginning. I completely forget the context or even who it was against but I remember during a game in 2009 thinking as I watched Suban, De Boer and Hill (?) celebrate a goal resulting from a nice bit of team play together; 'Hello, we're got something here. We're on on the up and up with this group.'
Maybe I only remember it because it was proved right and I have edited every other false dawn in the previous 14 seasons out of my mind.

I remember hearing some murmurings of Deboer claiming he was going to get Buddy holding the ball in a tackle, bout the same time Buddy was throwing around the don’t argues in 2009/10. I remember him tackling Buddy and clinging on like a Monkey to its mother. Can’t remember whether he disposed of it or not. I think it was a ball up. But there was plenty of hair ruffling etc. They set small goals like getting a holding the ball, and they had a real us vs. them mentality.

Only a few players have a better Score Involvement per disposal percentage for Fremantle.
CvWrDjC.png

Someone at the club is not putting his GPS tracker on properly; he ran 16.6 kms in the Derby. That's one km more than Gaff in second place who's a running machine. Height is literally the only thing this guy doesn't have going for him; everything else he has in spades.

His kicking is damn good and has great composure with ball in hand. Impressive today. If only Ballas stopped waving his arms like an idiot, that Crowden didn't attempt that kick. Rushed him into making that decision.

I feel like he is more involved in the play than someone like Brayshaw. He seems to read the game really well and thats always a positive.

Tbh last couple of weeks he's been the most involved out of the Fantastic 4. Crowden is seriously good. I've never seen someone have the same hunger and hunt for the ball or contest like him with the number of games he has played. You'd think his career is on the line.

Tbh last couple of weeks he's been the most involved out of the Fantastic 4. Crowden is seriously good. I've never seen someone have the same hunger and hunt for the ball or contest like him with the number of games he has played. You'd think his career is on the line.

definitely.

while i think Cerra or Brayshaw do look smooth as silk when they do get to the ball and are at the contest, they don't get to the contest as often as Crowden does.

Crowden reminds me a bit of Neale when he first started.

definitely.

while i think Cerra or Brayshaw do look smooth as silk when they do get to the ball and are at the contest, they don't get to the contest as often as Crowden does.

Not looking to open a can of worms here but Brayshaw has looked like far from Silk so far. Cerra absolutely has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

definitely.

He's a first year player.

He covered 16.6km.

It's ******* insane

tbh i take those metrics with a grain of salt, i'm not aware of Crowden being in the top 5 any game in the previous weeks.
15.0 last week (2nd behind Langdon 15.3), Tucker was 3rd with 14.7 and Pearce with 14.6

What is also great about these young guys is they maintain a pretty high speed. Crowden had the highest average speed last week with 9.7k/h, Langdon 9.6, Tucker 9.5. This week it was Langdon 9.5, Tucker 9.4, Crowden 9.2 and Brayshaw 9.0.

My favourite stat at the moment is Average Speed in Defence. I've noticed the team that has the highest defensive work rate tends to be winning the game. Obviously you don't want your Average Speed in Attack to be too dire either but it is less important (more important to retain possession in attack). Our youngsters like Cerra, Crowden, Langdon and Tucker have generally been in the top players for either list the past few weeks. Yesterday Tucker was the only Freo player in the top 5 for defence (topping it at 9.0). We had all 5 top players in attack. Overall we were 8.0 vs 7.4 for attack and 7.5 vs 7.6 for defence. Clearly the work rate balance was wrong - adjust that and we could have smashed them in both with our run and imo would have won the game (defensive run stops scoring opportunities against and tends to cause turnovers resulting in scores for).

They are fading in the second half because they are running to hard and fat.

Banfield is running with one of the opposition best and not covering the same kms. I would suggest they will end up covering less in time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back